• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree Auction Sales and Relistings. Legit?

901 posts in this topic

Strange the only people I see defending Doug Schmell from time to time are the ones that are making money off him and his site.

How am I making money off of him or his site? Please elaborate this generalized sweeping statement.

So, you ARE defending him? lol

I don't actually think chromium was referring to you, although he replied to you, but you are quick to the defense . . . :)

I own a Pacific Coast book that I won in a Comiclink auction years ago that today is displayed as for sale in Pedigree's inventory. Same serial number and obviously the same book that is still in my possession. I e-mailed Pedigree about this when I first noticed they had my book for sale which was obviously an error on their part. I never received a response, and the book is still for sale by them. I'm curious what they would do if someone actually tried to buy the book, since they wouldn't be able to follow through and deliver. (shrug)

Doug would ask the consignor to mail the book to him. If he didn't get the book, he'd tell the buyer the book is no longer for sale. That's how all consignment works when the consignment house doesn't have the items in hand. Same with ComicLink, QualityComix, ComicConnect, etc.

Doug shouldn't bother asking the consignor to send the book to him when the consignor sends him a friggin' email that says "please remove the book from your listings as it is no longer for sale"

If he actually paid attention to things like that he wouldn't wind up in a position where he has to spin his wheels trying to get a book he should already know he can't get and then compound the problem by having to disappoint the fellow on the other end when he tells him he can't deliver the book.

Maybe Doug's thing is to do extra work and disappoint people. Great, so not only was a shyster who got disbarred, he's also incompetent and likes to do needless, extra work and disappoint potential customers.

The longer this thread goes the more I want to do business with him. :sick:

I personally can't stand this attacking of someone's character because they are an attorney or if they have some issues in their past (unrelated to comics).

Didn't he use the money he bilked from everbody's grandma to buy comics? Sounds comic related to me (shrug)

I don't know the circumstances and it seems you don't either as you are asking. I base my opinions on facts.

Let me get this straight...I AM NOT DEFENDING THE GUY. I just felt that VKs complaint was pointless because he already sold the books two years ago.

The other facts he brought up about getting books graded because of Doug and the other stuff...well perhaps that could have been in the original post.

Regardless, seems a lot of opinions about Captain Tripps..

Strange the only people I see defending Doug Schmell from time to time are the ones that are making money off him and his site.

How am I making money off of him or his site? Please elaborate this generalized sweeping statement.

I don't actually think chromium was referring to you, although he replied to you, but you are quick to the defense . . . :)

You are quite an interesting guy. I like how suddenly I become the bad guy here and you are trying to portray me as a defender of Doug. I'm impartial...just responding to a post that I feel was not that big of a deal...

I personally can't stand this attacking of someone's character because they are an attorney or if they have some issues in their past (unrelated to comics).

Didn't he use the money he bilked from everbody's grandma to buy comics? Sounds comic related to me (shrug)

I don't know the circumstances and it seems you don't either as you are asking. I base my opinions on facts.

Let me get this straight...I AM NOT DEFENDING THE GUY. I just felt that VKs complaint was pointless because he already sold the books two years ago.

The other facts he brought up about getting books graded because of Doug and the other stuff...well perhaps that could have been in the original post.

He used money from clients to buy books is how I have always heard it. (shrug)

Yes, that is what I "heard" as well. But, it's all speculation until that is somehow proven with factual info.

I hope it's not true though.

You are quite an interesting guy. I like how suddenly I become the bad guy here and you are trying to portray me as a defender of Doug. I'm impartial...just responding to a post that I feel was not that big of a deal...

:acclaim: Thank you. No one called you a bad guy, btw.

Thank you :)

Yes, that is what I "heard" as well. But, it's all speculation until that is somehow proven with factual info.

I hope it's not true though.

Nick will be posting the link soon enough and you can read it yourself. Nothing against you, but not a guy I would want to "back" lol

What does Sale pending actually mean? That someone sent the money for the book and the site is waiting for it so they can ship it to the buyer?

I personally wouldn't know, since Capt. Tripps doesn't respond to my emails. Nor was I ever informed about having to sign up on his website to personally remove my consignments. What makes it so friggin' hard for him to remove them, especially after so many emails from me for him to do so???

Bottom Line: I was/am very disappointed with my business dealings with Pedigree. Maybe if they had been all High Grade Marvels, Doug would have taken a better interest. Once he's out of his superhero 'comfort zone', I believe he is nearly clueless as to what he's selling, or who he's supposed to be marketing the books to.

You know my experinece over the years has been the complete opposite. Maybe you should pick up the phone or take the time to sign up to his site first before complaining?

F_T swooping in with a link to the disbarment proceeding in 3 . . . 2 . . .1 . . .

Here you go.

Interesting reading. Thanks.

While it certainly show inappropriate conduct warranting disbarment...it doesn't state how those funds were used (to buy comic books). But, it's not good for sure.

I know you don't like it when I say this, but I like Doug. I don't always agree with him, but I like him.

I don't like it when you say that.

Best. Avatar. Ever.

I think it's super creepy. That kid looks like a future window peeper at a minimum. Most likely a future panty stealer. Potential to be in "Buffalo Bill" territory is high.

If you find wasting a ton of time and $2,000 'no big deal', then lend me $2,000....I'm sure it will be 'no big deal' to you, if I don't repay it any time soon.

Sheesh! Some people....."I'm impartial....it's no big deal..."

THEN WHY POST ANYTHING AT ALL?

Just shrug and move on...(some people can't see the forest for the trees)