• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree Auction Sales and Relistings. Legit?

901 posts in this topic

I don't know.

I keep posting hoping to get the last post in if the thread gets locked. I need the points... that and I drank too much caffeine and I can't go to sleep...maybe if Transplant would come and post some more... or perhaps Nerf.

lol

That be better than Olive Garden heart burn....... :kidaround:

Olive Garden? Pft! Amateur. Load up Krystals or Taco Bell right about now. Woo hoo! :flamed:

No. Not me. You.

I be in Texas.....Taco Bell + heat burn = :roflmao:

I don't know.

I keep posting hoping to get the last post in if the thread gets locked. I need the points... that and I drank too much caffeine and I can't go to sleep...maybe if Transplant would come and post some more... or perhaps Nerf.

I'm posting. Are you sleeping yet?

I never have understood the mentality behind singling out one specific consignment site over the others and raising hell. They are all branches of the same tree. Choosing to do business with any of them is an exercise in choosing the one personally believed to be the lesser evil.

Yes, they are, but Schmell gets singled out because Schmell has done more...or at least been caught doing more...than the rest to raise real questions about his ethics.

What we know...

(1) He was disbarred as a lawyer because he defrauded his clients

(2) He attempted to slip a known Ewert book past CGC less than 24 hours after being told it was a Ewert book

(3) He falsifies sales on his site and in his reporting to GPA to 'protect the market'

(4) He advertises stock on his site that he doesn't have to enhance his profile

Now, I have my problems with a number of other consignment sites, but I'm going to assume that without 'proof', it would be inappropriate to start slagging them off? (shrug)

(3) He falsifies sales on his site and in his reporting to GPA to 'protect the market'

When was this established? It wasn't earlier in this thread...George at GPA would stop using him if he had proof of this.

When was this established? It wasn't earlier in this thread...George at GPA would stop using him if he had proof of this.

Well, there's this for a start...from earlier in this thread.

4. There are definitely a few books that had sold and then re-listed and then sold again in another auction, etc. I am grateful that these customers/consignors decide to sell again through my site than a competitor's. The problem is some of the purchasers who got them at less than current GPA value ask me not to report the sale for obvious reasons and I respect that. If you bought an ASM 14, for example, at $5,000, knowing you got it on the cheap, want that sale to be purposely made public when you are trying to sell it for $9,000?

I've emailed him a few times before and never get a response. Is there some particular type of stink-bait I should use to lure him from the nest?

Yes, just use this as the title for your email -

RE: 9.8 SILVER AGE MARVELS LOOKING FOR CONSIGNMENT HOME - LOTS OF NON-COLOR BREAKING WEAR ALSO.

If they're already 9.8s, why would they also have non-color breaking wear?

Maybe because robojo or cdpaoli are the sellers! :baiting:

4. There are definitely a few books that had sold and then re-listed and then sold again in another auction, etc. I am grateful that these customers/consignors decide to sell again through my site than a competitor's. The problem is some of the purchasers who got them at less than current GPA value ask me not to report the sale for obvious reasons and I respect that. If you bought an ASM 14, for example, at $5,000, knowing you got it on the cheap, want that sale to be purposely made public when you are trying to sell it for $9,000?

Yeeks, I stand corrected, I read most of the thread but apparently missed that. Did I also miss a debate as to whether that's enough for GPA to stop including Pedigree data?

Yeeks, I stand corrected, I read most of the thread but apparently missed that. Did I also miss a debate as to whether that's enough for GPA to stop including Pedigree data?

Yes, apparently, Doug talked to GPA and they worked it out so that Pedigree data would still be included in GPA. Doug just has to provide all the data..not selected sales data.

That's my recollection

Yes, apparently, Doug talked to GPA and they worked it out so that Pedigree data would still be included in GPA. Doug just has to provide all the data..not selected sales data.

That's my recollection

:roflmao:

Following discussions with a long-term boarder whose word I would have no hesitation in believing, the list is updated...

What we know...

(1) He was disbarred as a lawyer because he defrauded his clients

(2) He attempted to slip a known Ewert book past CGC less than 24 hours after being told it was a Ewert book

(4) He advertises stock on his site that he doesn't have to enhance his profile

(5) Schmell encourages consignors to get their 'friends' to shill bid their consigned books up

I won't name the boarder (so don't ask), but if he wishes to come forward, that is entirely down to him. (thumbs u