• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree Auction Sales and Relistings. Legit?

901 posts in this topic

What does Sale pending actually mean? That someone sent the money for the book and the site is waiting for it so they can ship it to the buyer?

I personally wouldn't know, since Capt. Tripps doesn't respond to my emails. Nor was I ever informed about having to sign up on his website to personally remove my consignments. What makes it so friggin' hard for him to remove them, especially after so many emails from me for him to do so???

Bottom Line: I was/am very disappointed with my business dealings with Pedigree. Maybe if they had been all High Grade Marvels, Doug would have taken a better interest. Once he's out of his superhero 'comfort zone', I believe he is nearly clueless as to what he's selling, or who he's supposed to be marketing the books to.

Here's a list of all the books Doug still has for sale from my collection, that he won't remove from his website. I've been trying to get him to remove them for 2 YEARS. They were all sold by myself on ebay last year. Is this any way to run a business or not respond to a consigners requests???:

Just have someone put an offer in on them. They'll be delisted within a day or two and you'll never hear anything back from Pedigree.

Loki, if you look at the links I posted, you'd see that many of them have bids, and several say 'Sale Pending'. This has gone on for two years before I uttered a word on this forum. How long must someone wait before airing a $2k grievance, and a complete lack of customer support? Three years? (shrug)

Sorry, I didn't check all of the links... My experience with Pedigree was that routinely when I offered to buy a book from an older listing, I'd never get a response to my offer and the book in question would vanish from the site within a few days. To leave books with bids or "sales pending" up for that long seems more than a little shady. It seems clear he's trying to misrepresent his inventory so it appears that he has more stock than he actually does...

Kind of like the experience I described back in this WTB thread when I was chasing a Winnipeg ASM... WTB Listing

I own a Pacific Coast book that I won in a Comiclink auction years ago that today is displayed as for sale in Pedigree's inventory. Same serial number and obviously the same book that is still in my possession. I e-mailed Pedigree about this when I first noticed they had my book for sale which was obviously an error on their part. I never received a response, and the book is still for sale by them. I'm curious what they would do if someone actually tried to buy the book, since they wouldn't be able to follow through and deliver. (shrug)

I personally can't stand this attacking of someone's character because they are an attorney or if they have some issues in their past (unrelated to comics).

Didn't he use the money he bilked from everbody's grandma to buy comics? Sounds comic related to me (shrug)

That's the long and short of it . . . lol

I own a Pacific Coast book that I won in a Comiclink auction years ago that today is displayed as for sale in Pedigree's inventory. Same serial number and obviously the same book that is still in my possession. I e-mailed Pedigree about this when I first noticed they had my book for sale which was obviously an error on their part. I never received a response, and the book is still for sale by them. I'm curious what they would do if someone actually tried to buy the book, since they wouldn't be able to follow through and deliver. (shrug)

Like I told the appropriately named "Mark1" . . . I've got a bridge for sale :grin:

I personally can't stand this attacking of someone's character because they are an attorney or if they have some issues in their past (unrelated to comics).

Didn't he use the money he bilked from everbody's grandma to buy comics? Sounds comic related to me (shrug)

Yes he did. There are a number of dealers who will tell you that, when Doug was putting together his uber-high grade Marvel run, he would pay them with a check draw on his practice's business account.

What does Sale pending actually mean? That someone sent the money for the book and the site is waiting for it so they can ship it to the buyer?

Hey Bill, this has always perplexed me as well :insane: CLink uses the same technique, sometimes for months, years zzz . . . as greggy would say, "Prove it." lol

Yes he did. There are a number of dealers who will tell you that, when Doug was putting together his uber-high grade Marvel run, he would pay them with a check draw on his practice's business account.

I have a practice business account now hm

If, as a business, you are advertising something for sale that you don't have aren't you breaking some kind of trading standards law?

I'm sure that's how it works in the UK.

Hey Bill, this has always perplexed me as well :insane: CLink uses the same technique, sometimes for months, years zzz . . . as greggy would say, "Prove it." lol

Yes, Comiclink seems to leave their "sold" stuff up to pad their listings.

Mark, it seems trival to you because you didn't have to pay nearly $1k to get the books graded, etc., at Doug recommendation.

What did he know about the collection when he recommended that you get them certified?

Doug would ask the consignor to mail the book to him. If he didn't get the book, he'd tell the buyer the book is no longer for sale. That's how all consignment works when the consignment house doesn't have the items in hand. Same with ComicLink, QualityComix, ComicConnect, etc.

It means someone tried to buy the book. It doesn't mean the book and/or the money has passed through the consignment house yet.

Mark, it seems trival to you because you didn't have to pay nearly $1k to get the books graded, etc., at Doug recommendation.

What did he know about the collection when he recommended that you get them certified?

Just this:

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/public/default.asp?t=1&m=1&c=34&s=262&ai=65741&ssd=1%2F24%2F2008&sp=shiflett&sd=1/18/08&arch=y

...which I nearly wrote by myself.

I left 30 books with CGC (mostly Disney related), when I met Doug & Mark H. at CGC's offices, back in Dec. 2007. After he dropped the ball on them, I had no interest in submitting the rest to CGC, or deal any further with Doug.

Doug would ask the consignor to mail the book to him. If he didn't get the book, he'd tell the buyer the book is no longer for sale.

Your assumption is wrong, and I'm proof of it. Apparently, so is Mrlatko (see his post/complaint near the top of this page). How many others???

Strange the only people I see defending Doug Schmell from time to time are the ones that are making money off him and his site.

How am I making money off of him or his site? Please elaborate this generalized sweeping statement.

It means someone tried to buy the book. It doesn't mean the book and/or the money has passed through the consignment house yet.

No offense but, "tried" to buy the book? hm So, it doesn't really "mean" anything then :grin: Don't know how many times I have "tried" to buy something.