• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree Auction Sales and Relistings. Legit?

901 posts in this topic

Its hilarious that you are calling me negative. All I said was that you've done everything but actually pick up the phone yet your carrying on like an emotional teenager. I never said your lazy or stupid but after your last post I think you convinced me of at least the latter. :makepoint: Oh and since we are being childish, next time get some nicer books to consign. :censored:

:o

Oh no you di'nt!

Yeah, I think VK took your suggestions as as slight. I know you didn't intend it that way. I think his response is indicative of somebody who is so truly fed up with another individual that they're going a bit cross-eyed with anger. It's hard to back the wagon up sometimes when that's going on.

Nice summarization as I concur.

And uh... where'd the pooping sumo man go?

:sumo:

:tonofbricks:

Ah! Much better!

I know you don't like it when I say this, but I like Doug. I don't always agree with him, but I like him.

I don't know the guy at all. Maybe he's a great guy. But based on what i've learned, seen and heard the past few years I have been here, I can't in good conscience to business with the guy.

FT stated in perfectly why he's keeping other people's books up on his site and refusing to respond to people's requests to have them removed. Yeah, that's a guy I want to do business with. :eyeroll:

Right. Two facts about the guy stated in this thread:

He was disbarred for embezzeling money from a client, and he keeps books posted on his site that he doesn't have. (And likely knows were sold elsewhere.)

Why would anybody want to do business with somebody knowing that? (shrug)

He's a "great" guy? Really? Charismatic, huh?

Most con artists are.

I know you don't like it when I say this, but I like Doug. I don't always agree with him, but I like him.

I don't know the guy at all. Maybe he's a great guy. But based on what i've learned, seen and heard the past few years I have been here, I can't in good conscience to business with the guy.

FT stated in perfectly why he's keeping other people's books up on his site and refusing to respond to people's requests to have them removed. Yeah, that's a guy I want to do business with. :eyeroll:

Right. Two facts about the guy stated in this thread:

He was disbarred for embezzeling money from a client, and he keeps books posted on his site that he doesn't have. (And likely knows were sold elsewhere.)

Why would anybody want to do business with somebody knowing that? (shrug)

He's a "great" guy? Really? Charismatic, huh?

Most con artists are.

How could anybody even like somebody who was a thief?

No, but some administrator didn't like it, apparently.

Deversify, people, there's more out there than Batman & The X-Men. Sheesh!

Actually, what our friend is going to achieve is have this thread either locked or, worse still, deleted.

This information is vital to the community, certainly if you have any interest in knowing who to trust and who not to trust.

And if it disappears, the only one who will gain...actually, he'll be laughing his off...is Doug Schmell. doh!

Actually, what our friend is going to achieve is have this thread either locked or, worse still, deleted.

This information is vital to the community, certainly if you have any interest in knowing who to trust and who not to trust.

And if it disappears, the only one who will gain...actually, he'll be laughing his off...is Doug Schmell. doh!

Quick, archieve it to NOD..........

doh! oh, yeah, what NOD?

No, but some administrator didn't like it, apparently.

Deversify, people, there's more out there than Batman & The X-Men. Sheesh!

Krappy Duck books? :kidaround: Oh lighten up Francis.

To each his own. My collection runs the gamit of everything you could imagine, from Disney to Danzig and back again, with EC being a specialty to me, hence my board name.

Quick, archieve it to NOD..........

doh! oh, yeah, what NOD?

If I knew how I would. And it is the CBCA now, totally different. But thanks for dragging the good ole' NOD into this.

Mark, it seems trival to you because you didn't have to pay nearly $1k to get the books graded, etc., at Doug recommendation. My bottom line, should I have sold ALL the books raw by myself, would have been improved by nearly $2k. This comes from slabbing fees, Doug's commission, plus my expenses for driving down to the CGC offices to see if the Dell collection might be worthy of a Pedigree designation. I don't find my $2k loss as trivial. Maybe to you, but not me.

Not to take sides, but while your criticisms of Doug for not taking your books down are completely valid, I don't know how you can blame him for your "loss" for the slabbing costs or driving down to CGC to see if your collection might be pedigree worthy. Even if he's the one who recommended that you slab your books, so what? Just about any consignment site would have urged you to slab the books, because it makes it them much more liquid. No one put a gun to your head to slab them.

Mark, it seems trival to you because you didn't have to pay nearly $1k to get the books graded, etc., at Doug recommendation. My bottom line, should I have sold ALL the books raw by myself, would have been improved by nearly $2k. This comes from slabbing fees, Doug's commission, plus my expenses for driving down to the CGC offices to see if the Dell collection might be worthy of a Pedigree designation. I don't find my $2k loss as trivial. Maybe to you, but not me.

Not to take sides, but while your criticisms of Doug for not taking your books down are completely valid, I don't know how you can blame him for your "loss" for the slabbing costs or driving down to CGC to see if your collection might be pedigree worthy. Even if he's the one who recommended that you slab your books, so what? Just about any consignment site would have urged you to slab the books, because it makes it them much more liquid. No one put a gun to your head to slab them.

I do agree that any place you chose would urge you to slab your books.