• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Signature Series Jan 2010 - Present Q & A Thread

490 posts in this topic

CGC was sharing a booth 3 feet behind Stan Lee himself that day. Their was a girl selling them for who I could only assume was either working for Stan Lee or CGC, so thats why I was curious.

Thanks for the extra bit of info though I do appreciate it. I will probably just go buy another comic with his sig on it so I have one thats raw, and one thats sealed up.

Happy 4th!

That wasn't CGC - Stan Lee works with several 3rd party facilitators which handle all the witnessing of his signings; it was one of those companies you talked to :thumbsup:

I'm guessing that international CGC members, such as being from the UK for example, can send comics to be signed?

You can't send them directly to CGC, but just like people in the US, you can use the services of a facilitator to get your books signed.

I see, thanks, Mschmidt :3

But, perhaps a novice question but what's exactly preventing one from sending an extremely valuable book, and simply not receiving it back? Has that happened in the past? ^_^

Do a little due diligence on the facilitator you are looking at. I trust all of the facilitators that I use. And while I have never done UHG Silver for SS, I have had many multiple thousands of dollars in books out at any given time. The good ones rarely have problems or mistakes, and when they do, they fix them.

We figured authentication was authentication especially with a reputable company with a booth at the actual convention.

Authentication is authentication. You can say that it was authenticated.

But PSA gets it wrong sometimes. All they gave you is an opinion.

SS is so trusted because they don't certify opinion; they certify fact. They do that the only way possible--seeing it with their own eyes & not letting it out of their sight til it's slabbed.

So a myself and a buddy of mine went to Star Wars Celebration and got a Star Wars #1 (1977) in mint condition signed by 7 of the big actors. We then paid PSA/DNA who was the only authentication service present at the convention to authenticate the autographs (a total cost of $90 on top of $505 for the autographs). From what I am reading on this forum, is it true that the book still does not qualify for the Signature Series? That was the main reason we wanted to get the signatures in the first place as well as the authentication.

On a side note, we did hear that Joe Pierson was present at the convention but he wasnt "working" the convention. He was just there. After asking countless numbers of people if they knew where to find him, everyone gave us a deer in the headlights look. This is super disappointing. Is there any way for us to get the signatures authenticated in a different way that would qualify for CGC Signature Series? Thats a lot of money to be wasted on autographs.

We figured authentication was authentication especially with a reputable company with a booth at the actual convention.

Authentication is authentication. You can say that it was authenticated.

But PSA gets it wrong sometimes. All they gave you is an opinion.

SS is so trusted because they don't certify opinion; they certify fact. They do that the only way possible--seeing it with their own eyes & not letting it out of their sight til it's slabbed.

ALso, one could argue that if the CGC SS and/or the amount of money was spent was THAT significant, one would do enough research AHEAD time to ensure the desired result.

If you can spend $500 on sigs at a Star Wars, you probably can navigate a google search properly ....

Quick question, I know it has been answered before, but couldn't find the answer. What is the max number of sigs allowed on a book by CGC? I'm looking to do a 40 sig book.

I've never heard of 1, but they charge a premium for every sig after 3.

There are some 30+ signature ASM 700 books out there. Like Walt said though, you will be paying for each signature after the 3rd.

What does CGC charge for each additional signature after 3?

As well, if CGC is present at a con, do they have the forms to fill out and will they crack a slab for you? I am used to doing everything through facilitators, who do the magic for me. I assume I provide my own bag and board.

There are some 30+ signature ASM 700 books out there. Like Walt said though, you will be paying for each signature after the 3rd.

As well, if CGC is present at a con, do they have the forms to fill out and will they crack a slab for you? I am used to doing everything through facilitators, who do the magic for me. I assume I provide my own bag and board.

yes

yes

What do they charge for each signature after the 3rd?

The charge $5 after the first three signatures. As for limit it depends I believe based on the size of the names. I think its based on what the label can fit, (I chose a Magazine to test this) and based on characters, as after a while they start to use last names only unless there are multiple individuals with the same last name like Jim and Stan Lee or the Simonson's Louise and Walt.

Thanks! I acquired a book with 17 sigs on it and plan on adding over the next 2 months a minimum of another 25 (42 sigs in total). The only problem is finding space on the book. I may resort to using a fine point sharpie to fit them in.

What is the most number of sigs ever on a book?

Thanks! I acquired a book with 17 sigs on it and plan on adding over the next 2 months a minimum of another 25 (42 sigs in total). The only problem is finding space on the book. I may resort to using a fine point sharpie to fit them in.

Currently signed by 19 but being cracked for a hell of a show run in September - October. Running out of space on the front but signatures will be added to the back of this book until CGC says "no mas"

37F3EE63-B906-419B-8DF5-66CFB427535D_zpszxbtpxja.jpg

Currently signed by 19 but being cracked for a hell of a show run in September - October. Running out of space on the front but signatures will be added to the back of this book until CGC says "no mas"

37F3EE63-B906-419B-8DF5-66CFB427535D_zpszxbtpxja.jpg

I noticed you used extra fine and fine tip black sharpies on that comic. As well a silver sharpie. Can anyone recommend a good gold and silver marker for signatures? I find silver and gold sharpies to be hit and miss and can be quite streaky. I have also been told that paint pens don't do well inside a cgc case and eventually flake away. Also, they take too long to dry, which eliminates the option of decocolor. I am looking for a fine or extra fine tip for a multi sig book.

I hoping someone can help me with this, it probably has been asked before but I cannot seem to find the answer.

Ok.. I have an SS book that I bought off someone who had Artist and Writer sign in black sharpie on a black cover. The sigs are practically invisible. Will it hurt the grade of the book if I get both to resign in a color that stands out?

Assuming no further damage is done to book due to mishandling and I get CGC witness to crack open book and they handle ofc.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.