• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Signature Series Jan 2010 - Present Q & A Thread

490 posts in this topic

If it is already signed then it does not matter what kind of COA you have. You can get a green label book that acts like the signature does not exist or the signature can count against the grade for a blue.

If it is already signed then it does not matter what kind of COA you have. You can get a green label book that acts like the signature does not exist or the signature can count against the grade for a blue.

Would they put the COA with the book?

If you mean in the slab, the answer is no.

No, CGC doesn't put anything other than the comic book inside the slab. They'd simply return the COA to you.

That sucks! How much do you think the book will drop down on the blue label? If its to low proably not even worth slabbing.

There is never a good reason to slab an unverified COA- style sig. The only exceptions are the Jack Kirby, Jerry Siegel, Bob Kane etc books of true legends that have no Yellow labels.

That sucks! How much do you think the book will drop down on the blue label? If its to low proably not even worth slabbing.

There is never a good reason to slab an unverified COA- style sig. The only exceptions are the Jack Kirby, Jerry Siegel, Bob Kane etc books of true legends that have no Yellow labels.

I gotta agree there. I thought my hunt was over for a SS CA joe Simon but I guess not :(.....gotta keep looking but it does have the COA.

Are facilitators like Desert Winds Comics assigned to Stan Lee at the comic con signature events or are they separated. Does the fan have the option to keep the signature raw or can the facilitator recognize the signature there while Stan Lee is signing to have them as an option to get the book recognized in CGC signature series?.

Are facilitators like Desert Winds Comics assigned to Stan Lee at the comic con signature events or are they separated. Does the fan have the option to keep the signature raw or can the facilitator recognize the signature there while Stan Lee is signing to have them as an option to get the book recognized in CGC signature series?.

After you get your book signed by Stan Lee you need to decide right then and there if you are going to submit it for CGC SIgnature Series. If you are at C2E2 or Dallas my company NYComics will be there working alongside Stan Lee to assist those who want to submit their books for Signature Series. We will have CGC Invoices and a table setup nearby Stan and can accept your books right there.

I have the entire run of The Punisher Mini-Series (Issues 1-5), every issue autographed by Mike Zeck. Guess I won't be able to get the yellow label on any of them! :P

That doesn't stop you from getting a Yellow label, it just stops you from getting a Yellow label as they sit. If you get Stephen Grant to autograph books, following the appropriate SS rules, you will get a Yellow label for those books, with the existing Zeck signatures being treated as unwitnessed and therefore as defects.

We all have many books (I have two longboxes) that were signed before the program was up and running. :foryou:

I have an Eightball #1 signed by Daniel Clowes I got on the "Hateball Tour" way back ('93?). As far as I can see there's no Clowes SS or even qualified books on the census. Since he rarely does signings anymore and never does cons, maybe worth it for me to get it slabbed, even with the green label?

I have an Eightball #1 signed by Daniel Clowes I got on the "Hateball Tour" way back ('93?). As far as I can see there's no Clowes SS or even qualified books on the census. Since he rarely does signings anymore and never does cons, maybe worth it for me to get it slabbed, even with the green label?

I would buy it!

Yeah, it's really up to you and what you plan to do with it. I don't think the qualified label on this will have too much of a stigma just because he does so few signings now. On the other hand, you have a cool story to go along with it (I think :) ) so keeping it raw and just enjoying it isn't a bad idea either.

Would the same hold true for a John Byrne signed She-Hulk? I never really thought about it until just now but I have a She-Hulk he signed, a Dave Cockrum signed Classic X-Men, and a Harlan Ellison signed Twilight Zone....

Yeah, it's really up to you and what you plan to do with it. I don't think the qualified label on this will have too much of a stigma just because he does so few signings now. On the other hand, you have a cool story to go along with it (I think :) ) so keeping it raw and just enjoying it isn't a bad idea either.

Thanx for the advice. I still have a little devil head sketch he did for me that day, on the same sheet of paper as a Peter Bagge drawing of Tad (Sub-Pop Records) belching. Very faded unfortunately from hanging on my wall for so many years; wisely took it down 5 years ago and put it away so it wouldn't get worse :eek: