• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

Lots of people have no problem with restored books.

I think the point being made here is that these books may not necessarily 'feel' like comics in hand because of the type of resto work being done to them to achieve their grades.

to each their own. I love restored books but I'm not sure how I feel about these.

Lots of people have no problem with restored books.

I think the point being made here is that these books may not necessarily 'feel' like comics in hand because of the type of resto work being done to them to achieve their grades.

to each their own. I love restored books but I'm not sure how I feel about these.

I see the point, I have held books with restoration and at the time couldn't tell until someone pointed it out (early in my collecting career). I likely wouldn't want a book that feels like something other than a comic book either.

Edited by rfoiii

What do you guys think about the prices on Showcase recently?

There are a couple of very high recent sales with the 3.0 at 11k being the big jump for lower grade books. However, I don't see that as proof that a 3.0 is worth 11k again...its just one sale.

What do you think a 2.0 would be worth?

Thanks

What do you guys think about the prices on Showcase recently?

There are a couple of very high recent sales with the 3.0 at 11k being the big jump for lower grade books. However, I don't see that as proof that a 3.0 is worth 11k again...its just one sale.

What do you think a 2.0 would be worth?

Thanks

Copies from the other company have fetched surprisingly high prices. A 2.5 (looked like a CGC 2.0) from Borock's new company sold for $8750. And a 0.5 from the same company with a missing ad page went for close to $3700. It's hard to say $11k isn't the norm for a 3.0 depending on presentation etc. Not that many copies publicly change hands, after all. I would think a 2.0 could fetch anywhere from $8000-9000.

I recently private sale and purchased a showcase #4 in cgc 3.0 CR/OW pages and I dropped $9,700 on this book, so yea the $11k sale is not that far off as far as value, lets see what happens to this book as far as value when the flash gets more exposure on the big screen. :)

I recently private sale and purchased a showcase #4 in cgc 3.0 CR/OW pages and I dropped $9,700 on this book, so yea the $11k sale is not that far off as far as value, lets see what happens to this book as far as value when the flash gets more exposure on the big screen. :)

Do you have a picture?

Depending on the eye appeal it sounds like you got a pretty solid deal.

there is a raw sc4 on eBay now with a $7,000 reserve price tag which hit already I think.

hm

I am not sure about that one, there are a couple red flags. Seller hadn't sold anything in awhile and copy is definitely overgraded with a suspicious description.

I would steer clear.

I agree, a 5.0 is def not, looks more like a 4.0-4.5 raw copy, but with a nice press & dry cleaning done by ccs should help the book out.

I think that is still a little generous and I am not sure it can be improved much without seeing it in hand.

I still have questions about the seller though. Do you know them?

I agree, a 5.0 is def not, looks more like a 4.0-4.5 raw copy, but with a nice press & dry cleaning done by ccs should help the book out.

I think that is still a little generous and I am not sure it can be improved much without seeing it in hand.

I still have questions about the seller though. Do you know them?

Unless someone really legit is able to vouch for him (highly unlikely) , I'd stay clear of this auction as tempting as it may be to some (which doesn't say much doh!)

IMO , To many question marks. 2c