• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

Weaponx77 has one sick collection o'keys!

Allow me to post your SC4 pic Iz.......easier this way ;)

showcase4cgc30fc.jpg

looks like a copy I sold dem1138 hm

Nope, I still have that copy!

So much misinformation on the boards these days!

Show4.30_zpsmuiordcw.jpg

that's why I said "looks" like. Two almost identical books from a grade, notes, pq perspective ;)

What's the misinformation (shrug)

showcase4cgc30fc.jpg

Show4.30_zpsmuiordcw.jpg

that's why I said "looks" like. Two almost identical books from a grade, notes, pq perspective ;)

Given that your post could be interpreted to mean that it was the same book, it could have been construed as misinformation. Pitchforks seem to come out rather quickly these days so I felt it prudent to extinguish the fire before it had a chance to smolder.

showcase4cgc30fc.jpg

Show4.30_zpsmuiordcw.jpg

Given that your post could be interpreted to mean that it was the same book, it could have been construed as misinformation. Pitchforks seem to come out rather quickly these days so I felt it prudent to extinguish the fire before it had a chance to smolder.

No worries. I would have been specific if it was and nothing wrong if it was. No secret we both buy and sell copies. So I doubt any pitchforks would be raised :foryou:

I was just commenting how that looked so similar to a copy I had had....straight forward to me , but I knew my intent ;)

Are you thinking about selling?

In fact it'll be in the upcoming signature auction at Heritage.

:o

Requesting early pic since heritage is not up yet :wishluck:

http://comics.ha.com/itm/showcase-4-the-flash-savannah-pedigree-dc-1956-cgc-fn-60-off-white-pages/a/7030-91068.s?ic3=ViewItem-Auction-Archive-BrowseSearchResults-120115&lotPosition=15

They have a scan from the last time they sold this very copy - just look in the auction archives for the Savannah copy. Otherwise I prefer to wait for them to post a new scan, as my scanner doesn't handle slabs very well.

showcase4cgc30fc.jpg

Show4.30_zpsmuiordcw.jpg

No worries. I would have been specific if it was and nothing wrong if it was. No secret we both buy and sell copies. So I doubt any pitchforks would be raised :foryou:

I was just commenting how that looked so similar to a copy I had had....straight forward to me , but I knew my intent ;)

Wait! You guys buy and sell comics? Good God, men, how could you sink so low? :cry:

I messaged the seller to point out the shady bids (noting that i wasn't accusing him of anything). He responded that he would address (presumably make sure the bids were real and cancel them otherwise). Looks like that's what's happened.

I've said it before, but it's SO frustrating how this shilling can disrupt the normal sales process.....Wish ebay did more (yeah, i know - more chance of finding a 3-legged ballerina :) )

You're right Joey, I hope this seller is honest in regards to the SC4 sale on eBay, I have personal experience in getting scammed with crooked ebayers, thanks to Joey though my horrible experience has been put to rest thanks for the Superman #2 book it is amazing to own that book.... kudos my friend.....

Izzy

The only way to buy a book like this is to go pick it up in person, and even then you have to be expert enough to be able to spot restoration or trimming.

Why I never bought a book this big, raw anyway, off of eBay.

Still, it's fun to watch and see how high will it go (shrug)

Did you keep your undercopy or did you get it sold?

Indeed I sold all mine, this will have to keep me for a while.

IMG_3133_zpsr7fhqoaw.jpg

:cry: Going for downgrade or something else cool?

All, what's price per point on a low to mid grade copy? Yes, I have GPA, but was looking for other input... (shrug)

Thanks.

Did you keep your undercopy or did you get it sold?

Indeed I sold all mine, this will have to keep me for a while.

:cry: Going for downgrade or something else cool?

I still have the under under copy.