• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

I think it will be neck and neck with Hulk 1.

Now I wouldn't say that! :insane: Hulk smash puny Flash! lol:P

Hulk smashes everyone! :makepoint:

:roflmao: SC #4 will definitely be on the rise, but I don't believe it will come close to the levels of IH #1 or AF #15. (tsk)

It will get a nice boost if the TV show is a hit though. :wishluck: Hopefully not too much of a boost, I still have to buy my high grade copy! (thumbs u ;)

Edited by jaja-mon12

The thing is there are few copies out there. Still waiting on the right time to buy a low grade copy, I hope I don't regret my decision.

If by "right time" you mean when prices increase, you're doing great! :insane:

lol

lol That's a good point. I probably "overpaid" by $1000 when I finally pulled the trigger on mine at the time.

Best decision I ever made.

-J.

:roflmao: SC #4 will definitely be on the rise, but I don't believe it will come close to the levels of IH #1 or AF #15. (tsk)

It will get a nice boost if the TV show is a hit though. :wishluck: Hopefully not too much of a boost, I still have to buy my high grade copy! (thumbs u ;)

I'm with Dark Knight here. Love all three key books, and value wise, expect SC4 to be on par with the other two. This conversation has been had multiple times, but the crux of it in my view is

SC4 - way more rare, less popular.

Flash show, coupled with a big screen appearance done right will change that.

Look at the cgc census data (9/21/26)

High grade copies (cgc 8.5 or better)

- Showcase 4 (9)

- Incredible Hulk 1 (21)

- Amazing Fantasy 15 (26)

Total Blue/Yellow labels on the CGC census

- Showcase 4 (215)

- Incredible Hulk 1 (812)

- Amazing Fantasy 15 (1567)

Is the flash a more popular a character? no, not overall (not versus hulk or spidey, anyways). But add the rarity.........and the answer seems more clear :)

I'm with Dark Knight here. Love all three key books, and value wise, expect SC4 to be on par with the other two. This conversation has been had multiple times, but the crux of it in my view is

- Showcase 4 (9)

- Incredible Hulk 1 (21)

- Showcase 4 (215)

Is the flash a more popular a character? no, not overall (not versus hulk or spidey, anyways). But add the rarity.........and the answer seems more clear :)

hm We will see in due time Roy! (shrug) All the things you just stated will definitely help SC #4, especially the rarity. However, keep in mind too that IH #1 still has room to grow and just imagine what will happen when Avengers: Age of Ultron drops next year with the Hulk having a more prominent role. Not to mention when he gets his own movie done right. :headbang:

If there are two SA books that can contend with AF #15, it is definitely IH #1 & SC #4 with FF #1 also in the mix. Showcase #4 had its chance to reign supreme 15-20 years ago and WB/DC didn't capitalize on the Flash's popularity then and now it has a lot of ground to cover. hm I wish SC #4 all the best though, but not until I obtain my high grade copy! lol:P

I just don't have confidence in WB/DC silver screen adaptations and they have a ways to go to compete with Marvel in that aspect. 2c I hope they can pull it off though, that will keep the 'rivalry' interesting to say the least. (thumbs u

- Showcase 4 (9)

- Incredible Hulk 1 (21)

- Showcase 4 (215)

hm We will see in due time Roy! (shrug) All the things you just stated will definitely help SC #4, especially the rarity. However, keep in mind too that IH #1 still has room to grow and just imagine what will happen when Avengers: Age of Ultron drops next year with the Hulk having a more prominent role. Not to mention when he gets his own movie done right. :headbang:

Roy? What do you think all us Canadians look alike or something?

Supply has to play a role here, and the numbers tell a story. I think values of Hulk 1 stagnated a bit due to the 2003/2008 lower budget productions on the big screen, then more recently allowed to flourish with the Avengers movie and then the $320K 9.2 sale.

15-20 years ago SC4 and AF15 were par on valuation......we'll probably be there soon, with Hulk1 somewhere in that same vicinity in my view.

- Showcase 4 (9)

- Incredible Hulk 1 (21)

- Showcase 4 (215)

Roy? What do you think all us Canadians look alike or something?

Supply has to play a role here, and the numbers tell a story. I think values of Hulk 1 stagnated a bit due to the 2003/2008 lower budget productions on the big screen, then more recently allowed to flourish with the Avengers movie and then the $320K 9.2 sale.

15-20 years ago SC4 and AF15 were par on valuation......we'll probably be there soon, with Hulk1 somewhere in that same vicinity in my view.

:roflmao: My bad Joey! :for you: I was thinking your name but type Roy's instead.:screwy: I have nothing but love for my Canadian buddies! (thumbs u

Yeah, that's was the point I was making also Joey about the valuation 15-20 years ago. Prior to ~1994, SC #4 was worth more than AF #15, but the 1st Spider-Man movie in 2002 helped take AF #15 to a whole new level, along with WB/DC procrastination & stagnation with the Flash character as well as the other DC heroes (excluding Bats & Supes). :facepalm:

I think all 3 books (AF #15, IH #1 & SC #4) will be in the same ballpark, but I think only IH #1 has a chance to dethrone AF #15. I would love to see how the industry would react if that IH #1 CGC 9.4 ever hit the auction scene or a potential 9.6 covert copy comes out of hiding. hm We might have a coup brewing! :popcorn:

I have nothing but love for my Canadian buddies!

awe I <3 you too!

lol Hey Eric! How you been bro? :hi:

Too busy! Off to NYCC tomorrow so maybe grab myself a few new books since I haven't bought anything for me in a LONG time.

What about you?

- Showcase 4 (9)

- Incredible Hulk 1 (21)

- Showcase 4 (215)

Census numbers notwithstanding, I don't think SC 4 will ever be on par with AF 15 again. And not even the Hulk. I'm a big fan of all three, but I just don't see it happening. I was in Party City the other day, and I heard numerous 4 year olds wanting to be Spiderman/Hulk for Halloween. Kids aren't running around asking for Flash costumes. Pun intended. The Flash may do well on the small screen, but even with a praised show, Green Arrow is not exactly lighting up sales charts. The Batman vs. Superman movie is shaping up to be a convoluted, mis-cast, over-reaching mess. I hope I end up wrong but right now all signs point to questionable at best. A successful Green Lantern/Flash movie could certainly go a long way to help on the big screen, assuming that actually gets made. DC just needs to get a cogent game plan for their movies together and stop trying to play catch up in a single movie. As a comic book, SC4 will always be important, but the Flash's mass appeal will never equal Spiderman or even the Hulk, that alone will hold the book back, and keep it in AF 15 and Hulk 1's rear view mirror. Pun intended again. And unfortunately, FF 1 should not really even be a part of these conversations any more IMO.

-J.

I have nothing but love for my Canadian buddies!

awe I <3 you too!

lol Hey Eric! How you been bro? :hi:

Too busy! Off to NYCC tomorrow so maybe grab myself a few new books since I haven't bought anything for me in a LONG time.

What about you?

Just working and buying small keys when I can find them. ;) Have fun at the NYCC! LMK what you find there. (thumbs u

- Showcase 4 (9)

- Incredible Hulk 1 (21)

- Showcase 4 (215)

Census numbers notwithstanding, I don't think SC 4 will ever be on par with AF 15 again. And not even the Hulk. I'm a big fan of all three, but I just don't see it happening. I was in Party City the other day, and I heard numerous 4 year olds wanting to be Spiderman/Hulk for Halloween. Kids aren't running around asking for Flash costumes. Pun intended. The Flash may do well on the small screen, but even with a praised show, Green Arrow is not exactly lighting up sales charts. The Batman vs. Superman movie is shaping up to be a convoluted, mis-cast, over-reaching mess. I hope I end up wrong but right now all signs point to questionable at best. A successful Green Lantern/Flash movie could certainly go a long way to help on the big screen, assuming that actually gets made. DC just needs to get a cogent game plan for their movies together and stop trying to play catch up in a single movie. As a comic book, SC4 will always be important, but the Flash's mass appeal will never equal Spiderman or even the Hulk, that alone will hold the book back, and keep it in AF 15 and Hulk 1's rear view mirror. Pun intended again. And unfortunately, FF 1 should not really even be a part of these conversations any more IMO.

-J.

I actually don't agree. Little kids are not the ones buying a SC4 so whatever kids wear for Halloween doesn't really make the difference. There are too many AF15s in existence. If the major buyers all want a SC4 there just isn't enough to go around, they have to actually compete for one. SC4 is very rare and you have already seen an increase in its price. That was only a small push... I am sorry to say but the JLA movie is a far bigger hype than the Avengers. I am not 100% sure but I am pretty confident SC4 will easily compete because there isn't enough to feed the collectors. If it was common like AF15 okay that would be a different ballpark.

- Showcase 4 (9)

- Incredible Hulk 1 (21)

- Showcase 4 (215)

-J.

I actually don't agree. Little kids are not the ones buying a SC4 so whatever kids wear for Halloween doesn't really make the difference. There are too many AF15s in existence. If the major buyers all want a SC4 there just isn't enough to go around, they have to actually compete for one. SC4 is very rare and you have already seen an increase in its price. That was only a small push... I am sorry to say but the JLA movie is a far bigger hype than the Avengers. I am not 100% sure but I am pretty confident SC4 will easily compete because there isn't enough to feed the collectors. If it was common like AF15 okay that would be a different ballpark.

I don't think JLA will make half of what even the first avengers movie made but only time will tell that.

As far as my point about the children and what heroes they seem to like now, these are the future collectors, these are the heroes at the fore of their minds. They are wearing the spider man pajamas, the hulk masks, have the spidey bed sheets and hulk dolls and lunch boxes. The flash is nowhere near that level and plane of general public awareness and degree of belovedness.

And supply is only part of the equation. There needs to be demand. Regardless of how many AF 15's there are, demand always exceeds supply. Hence prices increase. The same cannot be said of SC4, hence years of either price stagnation or very slow growth in relation to AF 15 and hulk 1.

It is what it is.

-J.

- Showcase 4 (9)

- Incredible Hulk 1 (21)

- Showcase 4 (215)

-J.

I don't think JLA will make half of what even the first avengers movie made but only time will tell that.

As far as my point about the children and what heroes they seem to like now, these are the future collectors, these are the heroes at the fore of their minds. They are wearing the spider man pajamas, the hulk masks, have the spidey bed sheets and hulk dolls and lunch boxes. The flash is nowhere near that level and plane of general public awareness and degree of belovedness.

And supply is only part of the equation. There needs to be demand. Regardless of how many AF 15's there are, demand always exceeds supply. Hence prices increase. The same cannot be said of SC4, hence years of either price stagnation or very slow growth in relation to AF 15 and hulk 1.

It is what it is.

-J.

How do you come up with the box office numbers? Avengers made 623 million and Darkknight made 533 million. Batman beat spiderman in the box office and avengers is actually ahead yes. But add Batman and EVERY major hero in the mix with a good director and a lot of money... It can beat avengers. Look up box office numbers. The DC movies are not so far behind. You literally said JLA wouldn't even make half if Avengers. Man of steel did make half of what Avengers made. The point is, JLA is a big deal. You might not feel it yet, but it's coming. The very fact Wonder Woman appeals to females far more than Avengers is also a plus. My wife didn't even know Thor but she knows Wonder Woman. I am pretty confident it's going to be big. Warner bros isn't stupid, I am sure they know exactly how to milk it.

Zach Snyder is no Christopher Nolan.

AF 15 doesn't need big box office (or even a good movie) to fuel its sales.

The hulk doesn't need any solo movie at all to fuel sales.

Even if the JLA movie is a mind blowing success, and the new flash show runs for years on the CW, SC 4 will still not surpass AF 15 or hulk 1.

Most middle aged women know who wonder woman is because of Lynda Carter. (thumbs u

-J.