• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

Low grade copies hardly come up. When they do asking price is 3k+ for 1.0s.

+1.

Throw GPA out the door on this and other rarer SA big guns.

-J.

I really dislike that kind of answer.

Without tools like GPA, the only people who benefit are dealers.

+1.

-J.

I didn't say GPA is useless. But the fact that they don't accept sales reports from dealers is one of the main reasons they are such a trailing indicator on the aforementioned keys, hence why there are never any available "at" or anywhere near "GPA".

-J.

+1.

-J.

I didn't say GPA is useless. But the fact that they don't accept sales reports from dealers is one of the main reasons they are such a trailing indicator on the aforementioned keys, hence why there are never any available "at" or anywhere near "GPA".

-J.

Don't get me wrong, I am not arguing with you. I just dislike markets where information on value is largely in the hands of the salesman. It is like buying a car at a dealership pre-Kelly Blue Book... No real understanding of market value and purchase behavior is played out in microcosms.

Not sure what GPA does and does not allow in their reporting, but in my mind anyone buying a multi-thousand book should have a paper trail indicating payment (and thus a reliable source of data).

(shrug)

+1.

-J.

-J.

Don't get me wrong, I am not arguing with you. I just dislike markets where information on value is largely in the hands of the salesman. It is like buying a car at a dealership pre-Kelly Blue Book... No real understanding of market value and purchase behavior is played out in microcosms.

Not sure what GPA does and does not allow in their reporting, but in my mind anyone buying a multi-thousand book should have a paper trail indicating payment (and thus a reliable source of data).

(shrug)

That's for sure. I don't want to beat that dead horse too hard though. lol. I use GPA along with heritage's past auction result feature as well as closed listings on ebay (at least the non-shilled ones), in addition to the reliable and trusted dealers on these boards all taken together I think they give a nice picture of the pie. GPA is but one slice. (thumbs u

-J.

+1.

-J.

-J.

(shrug)

That's for sure. I don't want to beat that dead horse too hard though. lol. I use GPA along with heritage's past auction result feature as well as closed listings on ebay (at least the non-shilled ones), in addition to the reliable and trusted dealers on these boards all taken together I think they give a nice picture of the pie. GPA is but one slice. (thumbs u

-J.

I like pie!

This book is on fire and rightly so...

I just sold my 3.5 signature series for 9.5 k

And now I think I might have sold it too cheap.

I just pulled my 7.5 from EBay. I want to see where this 2.0 lands. This book can hit 5k?!?!

Where were you priced at?

I assume north of $20K?

This book is on fire and rightly so...

I just sold my 3.5 signature series for 9.5 k

And now I think I might have sold it too cheap.

I just pulled my 7.5 from EBay. I want to see where this 2.0 lands. This book can hit 5k?!?!

Where were you priced at?

I assume north of $20K?

7.5 are 30k easy

not sure that a 2.0 and a 7.5 are all that connected on price. but at $35K I think your 7.5 was correctly priced (just my $0.02)

And what about the 3.5 SS for $9K, over or under-priced?

Seems a bit over-priced (-$1-2K) if it weren't for the crazy cool signature.

not sure that a 2.0 and a 7.5 are all that connected on price. but at $35K I think your 7.5 was correctly priced (just my $0.02)

It was part of the Don and Maggie Thompson Collection via COA rather than CGC. I think you'll see more people bidding up the lower end copies because in 99% of the cases, people just don't have 35k to drop on a book. Then you'll have someone paying 300+k on a Hulk 1 which is a house! For me it was a painful purchase, but I liked the book. I only know of a few out there in 7.5 or higher and even those 8 and 8.5's don't have the wrap mine has so I took the shot and was surprised I got it at auction. A lot of lookers and email low ballers on EBay ($10k). One buyer was very aggressive at his 10k offer because it was fair :/ and would not stop harassing me.

I'm keeping it. People know I have it. If someone wants it, they know where to look :) We have the Flash and Green Lantern movie too, but I don't think anything will ever resurrect the GL. However, did you see the last copy of GL7 in 9.4 sell for 11k?!?! I picked up a 9.2 3-weeks earlier for $2500. Once again, I just bought it because I liked it.

FYI I just sold a cgc 7.5 to a friend so I didn't maximize the retail of the book, but there are plenty of folks out there that can and will spend 30k+ on a copy of this book :headbang:

Looking to get back in...a 2.5 to a 3.5 maybe a little higher.

Just give me a holler.

http://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/showcase-4-the-flash-dc-1956-cgc-gd-20-cream-to-off-white-pages/p/7097-33219.s

-J.

Any thoughts as to what price this one will end up at?

Shockingly there are only a few unrestored on the market right now, despite the recent price spikes.

$4,000-ish is my estimate.

-J.

Missed it by THAT much.... (thumbs u

http://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/showcase-4-the-flash-dc-1956-cgc-gd-20-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/7097-91307.s?type=bidnotice-tracked-dailystatus

-J.