• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masters Signing- Stan Lee, Joe Simon, John Romita, Colan, Zeck, Beatty+ More

565 posts in this topic

One book I feel is undervalued on the market and would be good for Stan to sign is Thor #126. You can still pick up a decent copy fairly inexpensively. Of course nothing will beat a book with Captain America because then you can have Joe Simon sign it too. But don't forget about Thor. The guy directing that film, Kenneth Branagh, made an absolute masterpiece years ago, Henry V, and he certainly has the ear for the dialog. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it translates on film and in 3D.

Bill.

I was wondering if J. Romita had anything to do with Captain America #1 ?

I was thinking of sending in a Marvel Milestone reprint and was curious if a Romita sig on it would keep the same feel as Lee and Simon.

I was wondering if J. Romita had anything to do with Captain America #1 ?

I was thinking of sending in a Marvel Milestone reprint and was curious if a Romita sig on it would keep the same feel as Lee and Simon.

Romita and Lee don't Have anything to do with that book.

Have a Cap 137 that I was planning to have Lee,Simon and Colan sign.

Now just looks loke Lee/Simon :(

Romita did some work on # 138 which is part 2 of the same storyline so I was planning on having him sign the book as well because the opportunity is there for only $20.

Is this reaching a bit, since Romita didn't, to my knowledge, have anything to do with 137?

You can have him sign whatever you feel comfortable with in my opinion. I like sticking to people who worked on the book and creators of characters signing later books in which their characters make an appearance.

I wouldn't have Romita sign #137 if he had nothing to do with that issue, but that's just me.

Captain America #193 is a very interesting book. Jack Kirby returned to the title and John Romita helped with the cover. I have a copy signed by Kirby on the splash page, and Romita, Lee and Simon on the cover, yeah baby! I don't have a scan handy of the cover, but here is the internal sig:

captainamerica193kirby.jpg

Bill.

Ps. My rule of thumb is that Stan can sign just about anything he was at one time involved with. Even though he didn't create Captain America, he did quite a bit of work with that character, and since Captain America is the first superhero that timely/atlas/marvel had that caught on bigtime, one could argue that Captain America is the center of the marvel universe, though we have to see how that plays out in the films.

Deadline is getting closer people!

UPDATE- AS of right now I cannot get Gene Colan sigs. Still working on it however. But if you are debating a Gene Colan book vs. another. I would reccomend the other.

Sorry and Thanks!

Sean

Deadline is getting closer people!

UPDATE- AS of right now I cannot get Gene Colan sigs. Still working on it however. But if you are debating a Gene Colan book vs. another. I would reccomend the other.

Sorry and Thanks!

Sean

but, if we were sending a book in just for Colan we should definately hold off until further notice. Correct?

Quick question about the book prep. So you want books with a window through the bag and backboard on the front. Got that. Can we double bag? Also, the instructions mention No Tape or resealable bags. Is that just on the inner bag or the outer as well.

Yes. You can definitely place inside an outer bag. lol

Basically just make sure there is nothing sticky on the bag inner or outer.

Thanks

good advice if someone is getting a playboy signed

Update-

Chris and I have been opening a bunch of boxes and have been logging in everyones books.....(Lots of Work)

Time is Ticking. Next Wednesday.

Still no Gene Colan. If any of your books were for Gene Colan follow up with me for a refund/or what you want to do.

Thanks!

Sean

Gene Colan Robbed, Artwork Missing

Submitted by Rich Johnston on April 9, 2010 – 3:39 am (6) comments .Clifford Meth reports that legendary comic artist Gene Colan has been injured – the subtext appears to suggest he was attacked or mugged – leaving him with a serious shoulder injury, and his artwork stolen, including work from Nathanial Dusk and a Star Wars piece.

If you are appoached by anyone selling such pieces, please do get in touch.

There are some real animals out there.

I feel terrible for Gene, he is the nicest man you'll ever meet. I just saw him at the carbo show in NY and he was a pleasure as always.

Get well soon.