• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masters Signing- Stan Lee, Joe Simon, John Romita, Colan, Zeck, Beatty+ More

565 posts in this topic

Alright Comic Fans!

It's 5:30am. I sit here fairly tired. Since starting the signing with Mr. Simon at 4pm. Chris, Mike and I worked until midnight preparing all of the Masters books to ship back to CGC. We had a nice 3 hr long signing with Mr. Simon, then we went back to Mike's and prepared everything. I got home took a 1.5 hr nap and now I am back at my dayjob. Anyways big thanks to Mike who did a great job helping us get everything organized. I think he has a new found respect for the amount of work that goes into these signings. ;) (as he pointed out to me yesterday)

Chris and I are thrilled that every Joe Simon signature came out very nicely. Joe brought his A game and even busted out his paints. (A new first for us!) He is a big fan of paint pens and loves taking a generous amount of time and thought when placing his signature. My personal highlight was when I was showing Joe a Captain America sketch by John Romita and he wanted to give it a color wash. I told him to go for it. (I was a little nervous at first but I think it looks great!) For one lucky client Joe did two fantastic remarks that he sketched and painted. A great headsketch and an even better shield.

So.....huge thanks to Mr. Simon's family, Mike aka Mr. Mylar my awesome CAW, CGC, my clients! and most of all The MAN Joe Simon

Masters still batting 1000 :) Click this link to check out some photos.

http://picasaweb.google.com/NYComics/Apr182010#

The signed books will be held at CGC until they are ready to be signed by Stan on May 25th. Until then (5/14 deadline!) get me some more Stan books and Sal Buscema books!

Best,

Sean

My Macbook is back at 100%, so I can finally post again. :)

First off, this signing has been one of the greatest experiences for me period. Mr. Romita and Mr. Simon are top-notch people of character and integrity. It was a delight to speak to both of them in depth. Mr. Romita is an absolute pleasure, and if I can make it to Joe Simons' age, I'm blessed! (worship)(worship)(worship)

I thank NYComics, Paul Litch and Joe Pierson for the opportunity. I can assure you that Sean and Chris handle and take care of each and every book to the best of their ability. So much effort and time was put into these signings. Sean is right, I have a newfound appreciation and respect for ALL boardies that make things happen.

Joe Simon signed a hardcover book for me, and was delighted when I told him my last name (Jeter). Mr. Romitas' sketches are serious business! :cloud9:(worship):headbang:

I had a wonderful time learning about the behind-the-scenes process that we boardies sometimes take for granted. This weekend was special!

d4b698f3.jpg

Mylar

I'm jealous Mike, you guys had a weekend I could just dream about.

This weekend was intense! If anyone is still on the fence about submitting books, go for it. I think you can still get in for Stan. You won't regret it. (thumbs u

Alright Comic Fans!

It's 5:30am. I sit here fairly tired. Since starting the signing with Mr. Simon at 4pm. Chris, Mike and I worked until midnight preparing all of the Masters books to ship back to CGC. We had a nice 3 hr long signing with Mr. Simon, then we went back to Mike's and prepared everything. I got home took a 1.5 hr nap and now I am back at my dayjob. Anyways big thanks to Mike who did a great job helping us get everything organized. I think he has a new found respect for the amount of work that goes into these signings. ;) (as he pointed out to me yesterday)

Chris and I are thrilled that every Joe Simon signature came out very nicely. Joe brought his A game and even busted out his paints. (A new first for us!) He is a big fan of paint pens and loves taking a generous amount of time and thought when placing his signature. My personal highlight was when I was showing Joe a Captain America sketch by John Romita and he wanted to give it a color wash. I told him to go for it. (I was a little nervous at first but I think it looks great!) For one lucky client Joe did two fantastic remarks that he sketched and painted. A great headsketch and an even better shield.

So.....huge thanks to Mr. Simon's family, Mike aka Mr. Mylar my awesome CAW, CGC, my clients! and most of all The MAN Joe Simon

Masters still batting 1000 :) Click this link to check out some photos.

http://picasaweb.google.com/NYComics/Apr182010#

The signed books will be held at CGC until they are ready to be signed by Stan on May 25th. Until then (5/14 deadline!) get me some more Stan books and Sal Buscema books!

Best,

Sean

My Macbook is back at 100%, so I can finally post again. :)

First off, this signing has been one of the greatest experiences for me period. Mr. Romita and Mr. Simon are top-notch people of character and integrity. It was a delight to speak to both of them in depth. Mr. Romita is an absolute pleasure, and if I can make it to Joe Simons' age, I'm blessed! (worship)(worship)(worship)

I thank NYComics, Paul Litch and Joe Pierson for the opportunity. I can assure you that Sean and Chris handle and take care of each and every book to the best of their ability. So much effort and time was put into these signings. Sean is right, I have a newfound appreciation and respect for ALL boardies that make things happen.

Joe Simon signed a hardcover book for me, and was delighted when I told him my last name (Jeter). John Romita's sketches are serious business! :cloud9:(worship):headbang:

I had a wonderful time learning about the behind-the-scenes process that we boardies sometimes take for granted. This weekend was special!

d4b698f3.jpg

Mylar

Sweet!!!! (thumbs u

(shrug)

Hey Stan Lee is a busy guy. I cant blame everyone for having their own signing ops with him. All I know is that my signing is a day when Bill and I and our CAW will head to Stan's office and accomplish our signing there. I will try to take a ton of photos again, and land the best sigs I can. :)

Next time feel free to pm me with those types of questions. :hi: