• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masters Signing- Stan Lee, Joe Simon, John Romita, Colan, Zeck, Beatty+ More

565 posts in this topic

Awesome job Sean, as usual. I'm looking forward to seeing some of these books when we meet with Stan Lee. I love seeing how happy people are with the pictures. The masters signing is such a great opportunity and now we have Sal Buscema on board. Gonna have to break out some avengers books for that.

Bill.

Awesome job Sean, as usual. I'm looking forward to seeing some of these books when we meet with Stan Lee. I love seeing how happy people are with the pictures. The masters signing is such a great opportunity and now we have Sal Buscema on board. Gonna have to break out some avengers books for that.

Bill.

Thanks Bill. Yeah I am going to make a big effort again today to take LOTS of photos with Mr. Simon.

It is great that everyone loves seeing their book get signed. I would too. When I get to my books I take a break with the camera!

I know Mr. Romita is awesome and did a lot of work on Spidey, but what's the point in having him sign SECRET WARS #8?? (shrug)

Far as i know, he had nothing to do with that issue. So what's the deal??

Yeah, but he had nothing to do with the book. He did not create or co-create Spidey, did not create or co-create the black costume or Venom. I don't see the point....AGAIN....no disrespect to Mr. Romita or his amazing work. Time to create a new thread! :idea:

Yeah, but he had nothing to do with the book. He did not create or co-create Spidey, did not create or co-create the black costume or Venom. I don't see the point....AGAIN....no disrespect to Mr. Romita or his amazing work. Time to create a new thread! :idea:

Ha ha. Too Funny!

Those Secret Wars 8's are mine and FYI Mr. Romita told me himself that "We all worked round the clock on this series!" He actually reflected on the issue quite fondly. I asked him about his friendship with Mike Zeck and he said that he had not spoken to him in a long time. He asked to pass along his greetings.....

So you know what....I am gonna put Mr. Romita's name wherever I like ;)

Alright Comic Fans!

It's 5:30am. I sit here fairly tired. Since starting the signing with Mr. Simon at 4pm. Chris, Mike and I worked until midnight preparing all of the Masters books to ship back to CGC. We had a nice 3 hr long signing with Mr. Simon, then we went back to Mike's and prepared everything. I got home took a 1.5 hr nap and now I am back at my dayjob. Anyways big thanks to Mike who did a great job helping us get everything organized. I think he has a new found respect for the amount of work that goes into these signings. ;) (as he pointed out to me yesterday)

Chris and I are thrilled that every Joe Simon signature came out very nicely. Joe brought his A game and even busted out his paints. (A new first for us!) He is a big fan of paint pens and loves taking a generous amount of time and thought when placing his signature. My personal highlight was when I was showing Joe a Captain America sketch by John Romita and he wanted to give it a color wash. I told him to go for it. (I was a little nervous at first but I think it looks great!) For one lucky client Joe did two fantastic remarks that he sketched and painted. A great headsketch and an even better shield.

So.....huge thanks to Mr. Simon's family, Mike aka Mr. Mylar my awesome CAW, CGC, my clients! and most of all The MAN Joe Simon

Masters still batting 1000 :) Click this link to check out some photos.

http://picasaweb.google.com/NYComics/Apr182010#

The signed books will be held at CGC until they are ready to be signed by Stan on May 25th. Until then (5/14 deadline!) get me some more Stan books and Sal Buscema books!

Best,

Sean

Those photos are just awesome. I saw some of my books and having the photo of him signing is a great addition to owning the book. How happy is the guy with Cap #1 golden age? I saw several golden age caps that looked pretty amazing. Sean, you knocked it out of the park, again!

Bill.

Awesome Pics! Just got finished looking through them all and some really nice books being signed. Few of my books didn't make the picture cut, not that I'm complaining about this awesome perk. Those GA Caps are some HUGE books being signed. What collection cornerstones those would make!

woot mine looks like number #74 woot, thanks a ton guys. That is awesome. He sure signed a bunch of books. Wow. All thats left to get on that book after the 3 sigs ( Simon,Romita,Sinnott) is a Colan and maybe stan.... Thanks a ton to having this possible and looking forward to future oppurtunities with you gentlemen.