• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost Boardies
6 6

406 posts in this topic

To a lot of people, friendship means nothing more than opportunity.

I find it troubling that you can trust boardies with your priceless high grade comics, but you can't trust them around your spouse.

That's about as low as it gets.

I do wish he would return and post here now and then. The last I heard was that a board member was hooking up with his soon to be ex-wife behind his back and something about a restraining order. Not kidding either...

That's pretty screwed up. John and Grinder as well as a couple others are the only board members I met in person. Everyone was very nice. Which reminds me I haven't seen these two board members post in a while General ZOD and Cyuboite, forgive the spelling I didn't check them on the user's list for correctness.

Edited by BrianR

I find it troubling that you can trust boardies with your priceless high grade comics, but you can't trust them around your spouse.

I don't trust you around farm animals.

aep.gif

I do wish he would return and post here now and then. The last I heard was that a board member was hooking up with his soon to be ex-wife behind his back and something about a restraining order. Not kidding either...

From what I remember about that whole ordeal, I hope this guy's got some big limits on his charge cards.

DRX

exactly I don't want to rehash the whole grinder "THING",but one thing for sure I do miss his input on the boards.He does have some issues,whether self inflicted or not that he needs to deal with,but he could come on every now and then and say hi.I'm alive and well.Then again board members come and go so often,who's to say whats the right to do.I think the situation on the CGC boards is we have connected here,we know and have met in person.We have built friendships outside of this messageboard. sorry about going on and on 2c

Well, hearing the additional details a fellow board member is looking to date his ex-wife, he may have some resentment towards the two ever meeting through society get-togethers. One way or another, it sounds like something was going to happen whether it was here or life in-general.

I still feel good what we all did helping out. Whether he fully appreciates it or not is something for his conscience to deal with. Nobody should ever feel like a sucker for willingly offering an act of kindness with no expectations of being paid back.

:cloud9:

Which reminds me I haven't seen these two board members post in a while General ZOD and Cyuboite, forgive the spelling I didn't check them on the user's list for correctness.

Cujobyte?

He just posted in the sales area Probation thread the other day. Something about a "bryanr" or something like that owing him money.

:o

:baiting:

Cujobyte makes an appearance

From what I remember about that whole ordeal, I hope this guy's got some big limits on his charge cards.

DRX

Grinder probably feels terribly embarrassed. If what you guys said is true I understand why he would feel that way and never come back to these boards. Once again, TERRIBLY EMBARRASSED.

Poor Grinder :sorry:

Which reminds me I haven't seen these two board members post in a while General ZOD and Cyuboite, forgive the spelling I didn't check them on the user's list for correctness.

Cujobyte?

He just posted in the sales area Probation thread the other day. Something about a "bryanr" or something like that owing him money.

:o

:baiting:

He also said some nice things to Foolkiller in his massive $100K sales thread.

I still feel good what we all did helping out. Whether he fully appreciates it or not is something for his conscience to deal with. Nobody should ever feel like a sucker for willingly offering an act of kindness with no expectations of being paid back.

:cloud9:

+1

I've donated to stuff plenty at times on the boards, whether its an auction or through a private P.M. I think of it as trying to do the right thing and hopefully helping someone out a bit. Like Bosco says, if they appreciate it or not they have to deal with it.

DRX

Counting the days and my dollars to C2E2. :whee:

Edited by DRX

To be fair, it's up to the spouse to toe the line.

Where is bassgman? Has Sid made an apperance lately?

He was one of the first names that came to mind, but it seems his last post was Feb 04 2010

ya know, it's really hard to focus on your posts with that avatar. :whee:

so who's the board member?

Where is bassgman? Has Sid made an apperance lately?

I always enjoyed his posts. Seemed like a cool, level headed guy.

(thumbs u