• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost Boardies
6 6

406 posts in this topic

GoodyRickles (may have morphed into Fourth World)

Lighthouse

Lighthouse turned out to be a crook and left in shame. No mystery as to where he is.

(tsk)

Oddly enough I got an email from him last week (hadn't heard from him in over a year). He sent 99.9% of his comic and TPBs to the soldiers in Iraq... something like 100,000 lbs of stuff. Living/working in San Diego now.

Dude, it took 3 years to pay my friend back $10k. And only because we threatened legal action. Sorry, that's a criminal in my book. He also failed to send a bunch of stuff to a number of boardies here as well.

Is he doing better now, according to you yes, but please don't try and tell me he didn't put my friend through the ringer and told lie, after lie, after lie, after lie, after lie, after lie, after lie.

Dude, don't dude me dude; I'm the one that got him on the phone with you, and got him to make good with Bruce, and mailed out hundreds of books to fellow boardies, and issued thousands of dollars in refunds. It was not good, no way, no how. You can say crook and criminal all you want but I don't think the intent was ever there to intentionally defraud anyone. He just f'ked up really bad... several times.

It's not Bruce I'm talking about. So no, you were not the one who got him on the phone for me in this instance. You DID get him on for Bruce at an earlier stage. Fast forward, and it took another 3 years for the money to be repaid. Again... it was someone totally totally different. So while your help was great -- I wasn't helping bruce but someone totally different he took 3 years to pay $10k back to.

I will concede that originally I don't believe his intent was to defraud anyone, but where's the line in terms of when it crosses from f*cked up to downright criminal?

UCLAPeter?

The one thing I remember about Peter is that he was always complaining that he could never find a nice FF #10 without a printer's crease.

I used to PM him once in a while as a joke to tell him I have one only to burst his bubble.

lol

Didn't he change his board name to something else?? Or was he something else first and change it to UCLAPeter?? I'm so confused...

"uclapeterg" wasn't it?

Lighthouse

Lighthouse turned out to be a crook and left in shame. No mystery as to where he is.

(tsk)

Oddly enough I got an email from him last week (hadn't heard from him in over a year). He sent 99.9% of his comic and TPBs to the soldiers in Iraq... something like 100,000 lbs of stuff. Living/working in San Diego now.

Dude, it took 3 years to pay my friend back $10k. And only because we threatened legal action. Sorry, that's a criminal in my book. He also failed to send a bunch of stuff to a number of boardies here as well.

Is he doing better now, according to you yes, but please don't try and tell me he didn't put my friend through the ringer and told lie, after lie, after lie, after lie, after lie, after lie, after lie.

Dude, don't dude me dude; I'm the one that got him on the phone with you, and got him to make good with Bruce, and mailed out hundreds of books to fellow boardies, and issued thousands of dollars in refunds. It was not good, no way, no how. You can say crook and criminal all you want but I don't think the intent was ever there to intentionally defraud anyone. He just f'ked up really bad... several times.

It's not Bruce I'm talking about. So no, you were not the one who got him on the phone for me in this instance. You DID get him on for Bruce at an earlier stage. Fast forward, and it took another 3 years for the money to be repaid. Again... it was someone totally totally different. So while your help was great -- I wasn't helping bruce but someone totally different he took 3 years to pay $10k back to.

I will concede that originally I don't believe his intent was to defraud anyone, but where's the line in terms of when it crosses from f*cked up to downright criminal?

I know who you're talking about. I was in direct contact with Mr. X before he ever contacted you or at least before you got publicly involved (as far as I know). It was my constant phone calls to LH that got him to even pull his head out of the sand and acknowledge there was a problem. I told him to give me a list of everyone he owed money and/or product to and I would try and get things worked out. Mr. X was on that list and the last to be repaid. All he kept telling me was, "I know, I know, he'll get his money but first I've got to [insert excuse]." After you and I exchanged some PMs I finally told him to get his head out of his ares and call you.. make it a priority to make it right. I have no doubt that if you hadn't leaned on him he would still be "getting around" to it.

Lighthouse

(tsk)

I know who you're talking about. I was in direct contact with Mr. X before he ever contacted you or at least before you got publicly involved (as far as I know). It was my constant phone calls to LH that got him to even pull his head out of the sand and acknowledge there was a problem. I told him to give me a list of everyone he owed money and/or product to and I would try and get things worked out. Mr. X was on that list and the last to be repaid. All he kept telling me was, "I know, I know, he'll get his money but first I've got to [insert excuse]." After you and I exchanged some PMs I finally told him to get his head out of his ares and call you.. make it a priority to make it right. I have no doubt that if you hadn't leaned on him he would still be "getting around" to it.

The worst part to me in all of it was, I liked and trusted House for a long time. I felt betrayed by the whole situation as well.

What really devolved the situation was, even when I bent over backwards with a payment plan etc., all I ever really asked for was communication. And even that he couldn't do. But... all over now.

UCLAPeter?

The one thing I remember about Peter is that he was always complaining that he could never find a nice FF #10 without a printer's crease.

I used to PM him once in a while as a joke to tell him I have one only to burst his bubble.

lol

Didn't he change his board name to something else?? Or was he something else first and change it to UCLAPeter?? I'm so confused...

"uclapeterg" wasn't it?

he's been bonds25 for a hella long time now, kids. :gossip:

UCLAPeter?

lol

"uclapeterg" wasn't it?

bonds25 is uclapeterg!!! I had no idea. bonds25 has some hella sweet books. (worship)

UCLAPeter?

lol

"uclapeterg" wasn't it?

bonds25 is uclapeterg!!! I had no idea. bonds25 has some hella sweet books. (worship)

+1 doh!

He just f'ked up really bad... several times.

That's what I got from Lighthouse too. Business just didn't do well for him.

I've never met someone before who could turn nothing into gold and then straight into as easily as he could. Had he been able to keep from flaking out he could have easily become a national-level BSD.

He certainly had most of the credentials. meh

UCLAPeter?

lol

"uclapeterg" wasn't it?

They are different people.

Bonds25 is Matt from Escondido, CA and still post occasionally. He post recently here. He dabbles in online poker and was working in a job where he manned the phone lines but I'm not sure if he does it. I have met him before at the SD con.

uclapeterg is Peter who is a CPA who last worked in the LA area. They are not the same people.

greggy, who knows more than the rest.

The Charlton Guy

Not sure, but he may have left in support of Red Hook... (shrug)

It is always a pleasure to speak with Soren on the phone. He's a very nice guy. I'll have to see what he's been up to.

UCLAPeter?

lol

"uclapeterg" wasn't it?

They are different people.

Bonds25 is Matt from Escondido, CA and still post occasionally. He post recently here. He dabbles in online poker and was working in a job where he manned the phone lines but I'm not sure if he does it. I have met him before at the SD con.

uclapeterg is Peter who is a CPA who last worked in the LA area. They are not the same people.

greggy, who knows more than the rest.

That's what the brothers used to call a "stuff" on the Ball courts back in the day.

(worship)