• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost Boardies
6 6

406 posts in this topic

To a lot of people, friendship means nothing more than opportunity.

I find it troubling that you can trust boardies with your priceless high grade comics, but you can't trust them around your spouse.

That's about as low as it gets.

so who's the board member?

I have a feeling we are never going to hear the name in this thread because he is a big name playa whose name will only circulate in the PM circles until Grinder comes on and spills for the rest of us :popcorn:

Hey, I came in late. Any mention on Grinder or CapFreak?

BTW, I'm still around, with a new condo, a mortgage, and scant funding. It's been three months since scoring my last book, the infamous Frozen Gold 7.0 SA, and I'm getting the itch again for the next GA buy.

San Diego is set but WonderCon is a disappointing no-go.

Send all contributions to...

Edited by BustedFlush

BTW, I'm still around, with a new condo, a mortgage, and scant funding. It's been three months since scoring my last book, the infamous Frozen Gold 7.0 SA, and I'm getting the itch again for the next GA buy.

Hey buddy it's good to hear from you,new condo NICE! I was thinking about putting you on this list,but low and behold you posted here. I did'nt see you at the Yorba Linda show and got worried,good to see that your well. :applause:

bghkoyama has not been around for 2 months.

:gossip: I think he's back now....

I got a new job that's been taking up a lot of my time and still house hunting (takes up my weekends). Been taking care of my dad since the stroke and liver cancer returning :frustrated:.

Now that training is over, I'll have more time to cruise the boards during the day. :banana:

Can't wait to catch up with the old boardies.

Brian

Hey buddy it's good to hear from you,new condo NICE! I was thinking about putting you on this list,but low and behold you posted here. I did'nt see you at the Yorba Linda show and got worried,good to see that your well. :applause:

I came close to going to Yorba Linda, as I truly had a great time last year, but the day was so beautiful I couldn't get into the car. I cancelled WonderCon due to funds but intent to go to Anaheim next month for Wizard with Steve R and maybe 40yrs. Sdcon is a go. Shortly after the last comunique I bought a book from Heritage to feed the habit, a nice Top Notch #2 in gd/vg. Long Rule the Oakster! :hi:

Whatever happened to Waffle Comics...er, BHOOKS?

I miss Hooksie. He was all right.

He was my favorite to pick on. I miss him too. :(

I certainly miss Hooks too. :frown: He was the first joker to PM me here on the boards with some kind of harassment if I recall correctly. He liked calling me cloud of twit which gave him endless inner kicks.

I'll never forget when he thought he bought a regular comic on ebay and it was some kind of laminated deal that was either evident from the pic and/or description...but he just spaced out and didn't catch it. :lol: Speaking of catching, bhhooks22 never quite caught the proper procedures involved in pressing. :roflmao:

Come back soon, Hooks! And give us an update on your estate sales business. :makepoint:

Edited by cloudofwit

Whatever happened to Waffle Comics...er, BHOOKS?

I miss Hooksie. He was all right.

He was my favorite to pick on. I miss him too. :(

I certainly miss Hooks too. :frown: He was the first joker to PM me here on the boards with some kind of harassment if I recall correctly. He liked calling me cloud of twit which gave him endless inner kicks.

I'll never forget when he thought he bought a regular comic on ebay and it was some kind of laminated deal that was either evident from the pic and/or description...but he just spaced out and didn't catch it. :lol: Speaking of catching, bhhooks22 never quite caught the proper procedures involved in pressing. :roflmao:

Come back soon, Hooks! And give us an update on your estate sales business. :makepoint:

:eek: