• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,621 posts in this topic

On 3/28/2022 at 9:27 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Hey I've got one of those!

944288597_IncredibleHulk1CGC6_5a.thumb.jpg.504ec6f6d50b74a1e281fba7da45fda9.jpg

I've been wanting to upgrade to 7.0 for a long time.  A bunch have come up for auction over the last few years, but they've all had really obvious color touch removal along the spine which I find to be completely destructive to the overall eye appeal.

That is a beauty….also a tough book to find in white pages

On 3/31/2022 at 4:56 PM, KCOComics said:

I do tend to forget about walkthrough. Not sure what they are these days, but presumably much better. 

10 business days for walkthrough, plus you still have quality control risks

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc-grading/

On 3/28/2022 at 6:27 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Hey I've got one of those!

944288597_IncredibleHulk1CGC6_5a.thumb.jpg.504ec6f6d50b74a1e281fba7da45fda9.jpg

I've been wanting to upgrade to 7.0 for a long time.  A bunch have come up for auction over the last few years, but they've all had really obvious color touch removal along the spine which I find to be completely destructive to the overall eye appeal.

Well....your copy is likely worth at least $12K more than a couple of weeks ago.    A white-pager in 6.5 just went for $84k.  

963021868_ScreenShot2022-04-08at9_14_02PM.thumb.png.a330317b3155609a446cfab316bb5952.png

1483365022_ScreenShot2022-04-08at9_10_21PM.thumb.png.6cc3996d01a589b3758dafadda09289e.png

On 3/30/2022 at 6:29 PM, woowoo said:

I have had a copy for years book has no Suprises and looks like this :banana:what grade you think CGC would give it if it is even worth sending in ? Bought as G/VG

Hulk-1.thumb.jpg.343c4d0a5f69e31c573eb2c1ac3c9012.jpg

On 3/30/2022 at 6:33 PM, grendelbo said:

Thanks for sharing.

On 3/30/2022 at 6:45 PM, Februus said:

I agree Bo. 2.0 as long as all the pages are all still attached and no pieces missing inside 

On 3/31/2022 at 1:50 AM, KCOComics said:

I agree with the 2.0 

Are you guys really being serious here because I've got an Avengers 1 that looks like this and I thought it was nothing more than a POS rag?  :wishluck:

Especially since I've got an X-Men 1 in better shape than this and a Daredevil 1 in much much better shape than this and all brought from the second hand used bookstore back in the day for the exact same price point since condition was definitely not a factor back then.  (thumbsu

Sadly, don't think there were any other SA Marvel #1's in there since some kid with a faster bike must have beaten me to the store and snapped them all up, as there were only the second and third appearances for some of the titles left by the time I got to the store.:frustrated: :mad:  :censored:

Sounds as though I really need to hunt them down as I haven't seen them in decades now after simply tossing them into a poly bag back in the day on the assumption they were pretty much worthless crapola, considering the terrible well read condition they were all in.  doh!

On 4/9/2022 at 2:05 AM, lou_fine said:

Are you guys really being serious here because I've got an Avengers 1 that looks like this and I thought it was nothing more than a POS rag?  :wishluck:

Especially since I've got an X-Men 1 in better shape than this and a Daredevil 1 in much much better shape than this and all brought from the second hand used bookstore back in the day for the exact same price point since condition was definitely not a factor back then.  (thumbsu

Sadly, don't think there were any other SA Marvel #1's in there since some kid with a faster bike must have beaten me to the store and snapped them all up, as there were only the second and third appearances for some of the titles left by the time I got to the store.:frustrated: :mad:  :censored:

Sounds as though I really need to hunt them down as I haven't seen them in decades now after simply tossing them into a poly bag back in the day on the assumption they were pretty much worthless crapola, considering the terrible well read condition they were all in.  doh!

Actually, yours do sound like worthless crapola.... You should send them all to me for proper disposal! 

It is pretty incredible to think how times have changed. When low grade copies of X1 and IH1 easily fetch 5 figures. One of my goals for the year of to upgrade from my trimmed IH1 to a blue label, but boy that's gotten pricey.... Maybe I'll start cruising the used books stores to see if I can get lucky. 

On 5/5/2022 at 3:40 PM, Ozonetv said:

displays great! 

I'll say! Very nice.

On 12/8/2022 at 10:20 PM, piper said:

I know that I said that I would never own a Hulk 1 but I was able to work out a trade with @bedrockcomics . I flew down to Houston and picked up the book today.

Thanks Rich!

30169114-75E1-4C5D-AA9A-D12B31EDB99B.jpeg

^^    :golfclap:

On 12/8/2022 at 10:20 PM, piper said:

I know that I said that I would never own a Hulk 1 but I was able to work out a trade with @bedrockcomics . I flew down to Houston and picked up the book today.

Thanks Rich!

30169114-75E1-4C5D-AA9A-D12B31EDB99B.jpeg

Coongrats @piper  !  This is a fantastic addition to the collection. Now only two more SA Marvel keys to go (and I agree with you on waiting on the FF 1 - it is an overrated book IMHO as well lol ).