• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

I also do not think that Yannis deserves to be in the probation thread as he didn't keep Matt's deposit nor cursed anyone on the boards. I believe the probation thread is for more bigger and serious things.

You are 100% wrong on this. He should be in the hall of shame.

Not trying to pick a fight, but I did notice you've been beating the drum an awful lot in this thread. I take it you now understand why there is so much anger here towards Russ/ComicSupply... whose transgressions were far more numerous, and who wasn't in the habit of reimbursing his buyers without sustained pressure ?

Just sayin'. :whistle:

I agree Jon. The probation list seems reasonable but the Hall of Shame is for members who repeatedly let others down or commit a major swindle. If Matt gets his downpayment back than Yannis is only guilty of selling a book promised to someone else and lying about the reason. If Yannis had some doubt about Matt's ability to pay and/or was under pressure because of serious personal issues that may partial explain why he acted poorly and out of character.

8milemax seems to feel that Russ is lonely in the Hall of Shame and wants to send him a playmate. :devil:

I also do not think that Yannis deserves to be in the probation thread as he didn't keep Matt's deposit nor cursed anyone on the boards. I believe the probation thread is for more bigger and serious things.

Not trying to pick a fight, but I did notice you've been beating the drum an awful lot in this thread. I take it you now understand why there is so much anger here towards Russ/ComicSupply... whose transgressions were far more numerous, and who wasn't in the habit of reimbursing his buyers without sustained pressure ?

I have decided to stay out of anything that has to do with that subject. I feel thats the best way to handle it. He is my friend and I know he wronged people and I get torn so I feel the best way is to stay out of the subject. :) Yes I understand.

I got sick of need this all the time.

Yep, I hear you... OK, fair enough. :)

(thumbs u

I agree Jon. The probation list seems reasonable but the Hall of Shame is for members who repeatedly let others down or commit a major swindle. If Matt gets his downpayment back than Yannis is only guilty of selling a book promised to someone else and lying about the reason. If Yannis had some doubt about Matt's ability to pay and/or was under pressure because of serious personal issues that may partial explain why he acted poorly and out of character.

8milemax seems to feel that Russ is lonely in the Hall of Shame and wants to send him a playmate. :devil:

Im not the only who has said this. At first people were talking probation list , but what can yannis do to get off the list? I'm also a batman collector and I know how it feels to go after a book you want so bad that you can't wait until you get it. If that had happen to me I would of been really pissed about it. Matt is handling it alot better than I would off. To be honest I would like to see Bat-man send the book to yannis then yannis refunds bat-man then sells the book to matt. If that dosnt happen then 1000% Hall of Shame.

BTW I have stayed clear of any topic that has to do with Comic Supply and this has nothing to do with him either, and I don't appreciate that comment.

Edited by 8milemax

We live in a litigious society where on the street (snitching) and in the court room (the fifth) it is best to shut your yap and let it blow over. Also, blame the victim as often and as loud loudly as possible. It re-directs the focus from the original transgression. Yannis decided to cancel a deal with a new guy and cut his friend a deal. End of summary. Also, there was a claim that Yannis would end up with two comic thugs at his door, ready to beat him and his. And people wonder why us comic nerds get a bad rap.

Dan

Matt,

Sorry this happened, get used to people lying, cheating and stealing for their benefit (or myriad other reasons). Because you don't do those things, I know it is a bit weird at first.

Some people here did not give you any advice, or kinda condescended you, get used to that as well as there are several dooshbags who know everything and place themselves before others on this forum etc. It is in the nature of some to put others down to make themselves feel better, for a bit.

Thankfully, there are more folks who tried to lend a hand and helped you!

You did nothing wrong, others did.

I bet you find a better 'Tec than the one that got away, eventually, so as Watson pointed out, you probably are the winner here!

A big part of this hobby is learning patience...as well as who to buy from.

Hope to see you all at the next Boston show (where I may get in as the promotors learned from the last one)!

Someone just sell Matt a decent TEC for a sweet price, this boards should be full of them. Someone has to have a copy they've read enough times and want to upgrade anyway.

If I put a deposit down on a book the seller claimed was a 2.5, and it ended up being a .5, I'd be glad the seller turned out to be a POS and sold it out from under me.

That said, anyone who read this thread and deals with Yannis now knows just what they are dealing with.

My favorite post in this whole train-wreck of a thread. lol

Yannis did wrong, but the money was refunded. I'm hoping Yannis is in the process of working out a secondary deal to make Matt happy in some other way to make up for this.

8milereacharound has always in the past protested strongly against the Probation thread, since his close buddy CS is one of the top offenders on that list, with no hope of coming off. Now his the head heritec at the witch hunt, screaming to add Yannis to the Hall of Shame every 2nd post he makes. :roflmao:

I'm not defending Yannis, what was done was done poorly & needs some measure of additional compensation on Matt's part, but as far as I know he has always prior to this been a stand-up guy.

Matt, I'm sorry this happened to you & I hope Yannis does something extra for you. :foryou:

My favorite post in this whole train-wreck of a thread. lol

Yannis did wrong, but the money was refunded. I'm hoping Yannis is in the process of working out a secondary deal to make Matt happy in some other way to make up for this.

8milereacharound has always in the past protested strongly against the Probation thread, since his close buddy CS is one of the top offenders on that list, with no hope of coming off. Now his the head heritec at the witch hunt, screaming to add Yannis to the Hall of Shame every 2nd post he makes. :roflmao:

I'm not defending Yannis, what was done was done poorly & needs some measure of additional compensation on Matt's part, but as far as I know he has always prior to this been a stand-up guy.

Matt, I'm sorry this happened to you & I hope Yannis does something extra for you. :foryou:

Hey Fuel Jerk I'm not the only one who thinks yannis should be on the list, I was never against the Probation thread! How did you come to that conclusion?

Did you read the post were I said bat-man and yannis should work things out so matt can get the book? then all is forgiven? I doubt that, you read what you want to and try to find a way to flame me.

Edited by 8milemax

i have read every post on this thread. i have posted on this thread from the start. i am new here and i realize that most of you guys know each other and i dont want to upset a bunch of friends on this board. i do have two things i want to say that i simply cant understand. first off it absolutely blows my mind that anyone can say that yannis doesnt deserve to be punished in some way. i think that should have already happened. the other thing is this. if batman bought the book and didnt know the story he now does. if matt wants to buy the book from him at his cost he should sell it to matt. that is the right thing to do. if he doenst do so it is a move on his part. batman is not without blame here. he now knows that he got the book under bad circumstances. for him not to offer the books is nasty. for him not to offer the book to matt makes me feel he knew about the other deal and that he is full of . but for sure again not offering the book to matt under these circumstances is wrong and makes batman look bad to me. i love this hobby. i enjoy the wonderful people i have met in my 35 years of collecting. i have grails that mean the world to me. none of that means more to me then my pride and being a man and being able to sleep at night. batman ducking and dodging to avoid giving this book up to matt is a bad deal. i dont know him at all but dont want to know him if he is that kind of person.

Batman did nothing wrong IF he knew absolutley nothing BUT If I were him and got a book in that way I would sell it to Matt for what I paid. No loss and No profit. Ofcourse he does not have too and he SHOULD NOT be punished if he does not. That would be choice BUT the book is rightfully Matt's. If I buy a house and put my down payment down.Its a legal agreement and my house. Then the real estate company sells it to someone else ,odds are in the end I will win any lawsuit. A down payment and verbal agreement are key here. At that point it became Matts book on layaway .. Yannis actually had ZERo rights to sell MATTS book ( it was then matts book) legally , The book belongs to Matt. People saying Yannis should not be punsihsed are just covering there eyes. The book was Matts at that point. Verbal aggreement and money passed hands. Batman has Matts book that was illegally reseold to him. No blame goes to Batman but geez Yannis did wrong here.

This thread makes the Baby Jesus cry. I'm lost.

Can somebody please give me a very simple (becuz I iz a simpleton) summary?

John sold the book that Matt was making payments on to Alex.

Well, that just sucks.

I'm assume John just screwed up, and has promptly (1) refunded Matt's money (perhaps with something a little extra for the screw up) (2) apologized profusely to Matt and (3) cleared Alex of any wrongdoing?

Correct, except for the little extra and he was aware that he was supposed to sell it to Matt. (thumbs u

Wow. Clearly the seller is in the wrong. Probation list....hall of shame....who cares? Avoid that seller from here on out. Total move.

And what's with all the condolences? It a friggin' comic book. Get over it.

i have read every post on this thread. i have posted on this thread from the start. i am new here and i realize that most of you guys know each other and i dont want to upset a bunch of friends on this board. i do have two things i want to say that i simply cant understand. first off it absolutely blows my mind that anyone can say that yannis doesnt deserve to be punished in some way. i think that should have already happened. the other thing is this. if batman bought the book and didnt know the story he now does. if matt wants to buy the book from him at his cost he should sell it to matt. that is the right thing to do. if he doenst do so it is a move on his part. batman is not without blame here. he now knows that he got the book under bad circumstances. for him not to offer the books is nasty. for him not to offer the book to matt makes me feel he knew about the other deal and that he is full of . but for sure again not offering the book to matt under these circumstances is wrong and makes batman look bad to me. i love this hobby. i enjoy the wonderful people i have met in my 35 years of collecting. i have grails that mean the world to me. none of that means more to me then my pride and being a man and being able to sleep at night. batman ducking and dodging to avoid giving this book up to matt is a bad deal. i dont know him at all but dont want to know him if he is that kind of person.

Once again, Bat-Man has done nothing wrong. I agree that it'd be awesome of him to step up and offer the comic to Matt, but just because that's a sweet thing to do does not mean that he's evil if he doesn't do it. That's between the two of them. Every piece of evidence offered here from both parties points to his innocence in the matter. So leave him out of it.

I realize you're new here, so I'll cut you some slack. But from what I've seen, everyone who's been opposed to putting Yannis on the Probbie List has cited the fact that that list serves a certain purpose, and is not a catch-all spot for the damned. Also, aside from a few die-hard defenders, I haven't seen anyone suggesting that Yannis should be let off the hook completely. The persistence of this thread is an ongoing blot on the fellow's rep, and they're all contributing to keeping it going. Memories around here can be elephantine, and I know that I for one won't be dealing with Yannis in any sales threads. Not that that'll bother him too much, I never buy expensive GA comics anyway.

Take a little time to go through the history of the Probation List and you'll see some of the other dark deeds committed around here, how they've been handled, and you'll get a bit of perspective.

BTW, as for your comment "i am new here and i realize that most of you guys know each other and i dont want to upset a bunch of friends on this board," I know the feeling! It can be a little daunting jumping into the middle of this community.

Wow. Clearly the seller is in the wrong. Probation list....hall of shame....who cares? Avoid that seller from here on out. Total move.

And what's with all the condolences? It a friggin' comic book. Get over it.

(thumbs u

I'd like to see a pic of this Tec in question. Sounds like it was a junky POS anyways. Seller probably did Matt a favour by being a weasel.

Instead of reading every page can someone tell me what was the explanation Yannis gave for selling this comic to Bat(Alex) while Matt had a deposit on it ?

I feel like Bat-Man unknowingly purchased "stolen" property. He had no idea that the book was Matts. But after finding this out I myself feel he should be a gentleman and offer the book to Matt for his costs.

Yannis is totally in the wrong, and I feel sorry for his loss. Matt also had a loss and my condolances go out to the both of you. Since I can't see a way for Yannis to ever get off of the probation thread I either would suggest a 6 month probation or just figure this thread is punishment enough. Bat-Man shouldn't go on it, but still in my mind this was Matt's book.

This would make a nice case for the Judge Judy. lol

One question for Bat-Man(Alex) -

You have removed your newly acquired Tec 37 from your sig line. Why ? If you feel shame for owning it perhaps you should sell it to Matt as others have suggested.

It sounds as if you had no wrong doing in this transaction and as stated in the GA section you said you owned three Tec 37's. If you feel bad enough that you had to remove the Tec 37 from your sig line perhaps it should be offered up to Matt.

2c

This thread makes the Baby Jesus cry. I'm lost.

Can somebody please give me a very simple (becuz I iz a simpleton) summary?

John sold the book that Matt was making payments on to Alex.

Well, that just sucks.

I'm assume John just screwed up, and has promptly (1) refunded Matt's money (perhaps with something a little extra for the screw up) (2) apologized profusely to Matt and (3) cleared Alex of any wrongdoing?

Correct, except for the little extra and he was aware that he was supposed to sell it to Matt. (thumbs u

Let's add to it that John lied to Matt about what happened to the book, strung him along, then wouldn't answer his emails, took a long time to refund his money (a good chunk of change), and waited until board indignation called him to task.

To colour the results of the renege darker, Matt hustled to sell a number of his lesser books to pay for the deal well ahead of schedule. :pullhair: