• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

No comment on the rest of the bollocks that's being talked in this thread...life's just too short...but two small points of order...

(1) Posting the contents of a personal PM, where the sending party has made it clear that the contents are to remain private, can and will earn the posting party a strike.

(2) Not sure what the law is in the US, but if a third party purchases stolen goods...even if entirely unaware and innocent...those goods will be recovered and ultimately passed back to the owner. hm

No comment on the rest of the bollocks that's being talked in this thread...life's just too short...but two small points of order...

(1) Posting the contents of a personal PM, where the sending party has made it clear that the contents are to remain private, can and will earn the posting party a strike.

(2) Not sure what the law is in the US, but if a third party purchases stolen goods...even if entirely unaware and innocent...those goods will be recovered and ultimately passed back to the owner. hm

^^

It depends on what state you're in although the Uniform Commercial Code applies at times.

The bone fide purchaser for value without notice of an adverse party's potential claim to the property can prevail oftentimes; known as equity's darling in the states.

It depends on what state you're in although the Uniform Commercial Code applies at times.

The bone fide purchaser for value without notice of an adverse party's potential claim to the property can prevail oftentimes; known as equity's darling in the states.

I saw Equity's Darling play at Altamont in '69 too! :devil:

I saw Equity's Darling play at Altamont in '69 too! :devil:

They did rock... :headbang:

We've not got any balls, we're ladies!

Tennis Balls.

Oh, we thought you meant bollocks.

What's that from FT? You know?

Edited by returner

Its kind of silly for Yannis to say leave Batman alone. He has a book that in my opinion rightfully belongs to Matt. Matt at the point of Yannis selling to Batman OWNED the book. Money passed hands and and agreement was reached. Yannis should get the book back from Batman not just leave and take a break. If someone sells something of mine they would have to retrive the item back. Batamn did nothing wrong BUT he should not keep a book illegally sold to him. Matt could take yannis to small claims court and he would probally win. t. I think people are forgetting that Batman has a book that was actually owned ( at the point of sale) to Matt. Again Batman did nothing wrong but it just like if a Bank acciently puts too much money in your account, you got to give it back , you cant keep it. I once got my paycheck twice into my bank account , I wish i could have kept it BUT it did not belong to me , sure i did nothing wrong BUT it was not the banks to give to me, Batman should give the book back , no question. Batman again did nothing wrong BUT if he keeps the book I think he might be in the wrong ( reversing my previous position where I said he should be his choice).

And its good for Yannis to take a leave but he should still be on the probation list for screwing over Matt and it does not matter if you had good deals before, others have had it done to them. Like when someone says to a judge "I know I robbed the bank judge But I am a good citizen". still need to make amends. Does not make Yannis a bad guy. and he has every right to amend for what he did but he still needs to be dealt with in the same way everyone else is dealt with here.

Perosnally I think thats all Matt really wanted with this thread , to get the book back from Batman. Hoping this thread would make that happen. Wish it did Matt. Ofcourse he wanted to call Yannis out but he wants his book. it is his book, again its in my opinion Matts book and batman should not have it. Think about if it happened to you. You pay for a book, have a agreement on the sale and then the seller , sells the book to someone else. Its Matts book in someones elses collection. My opinion only.

I think this is the end point too and will end all the drama. Batman should sell the book back to Matt and everyone is happy. Doesn't Batman already have a couple of copies already?

Edited by JvR11

We've not got any balls, we're ladies!

Tennis Balls.

Oh, we thought you meant bollocks.

What's that from FT? You know?

I believe it is:

"Have you got any balls?"

"No no, we're ladies"

"Tennis balls"

"Oh sorry, silly me, I thought you meant bollocks""

I don't think Batman should have to give up the book nor do I think Matt would even accept.

I have been thinking about that possibility. I even suggested it as a possible solution.

It seems perfect because, according to this thread the book was sold to Bat-Man for $100 less than what Matt was going to pay, so if Bat-Man sold it to Matt at the original price he would get $100 for his trouble.

However, it has been gnawing on me that we have no way of knowing is that is true. That is was sold for less, that it wasn't actually sold for MORE to Bat-Man that what Matt was going to pay. Saying that it sold for less certainly would alleviate some of the ire of some members and I don't know if there's any evidence, outside of a couple of comments, to prove that this was the case.

I don't think Batman should have to give up the book nor do I think Matt would even accept.

I have been thinking about that possibility. I even suggested it as a possible solution.

It seems perfect because, according to this thread the book was sold to Bat-Man for $100 less than what Matt was going to pay, so if Bat-Man sold it to Matt at the original price he would get $100 for his trouble.

However, it has been gnawing on me that we have no way of knowing is that is true. That is was sold for less, that it wasn't actually sold for MORE to Bat-Man that what Matt was going to pay. Saying that it sold for less certainly would alleviate some of the ire of some members and I don't know if there's any evidence, outside of a couple of comments, to prove that this was the case.

The selling price to Bat-Man is irrelevant, and I personally believe Matt should consider himself fortunate in this transaction.

The selling price to Bat-Man is irrelevant, and I personally believe Matt should consider himself fortunate in this transaction.

That's true in some respects.

It was more speculation on my part because if the sale price was actually HIGHER, then we might have an idea as to why this went down the way it did AND why Matt might not get the book now. Also that we didn't have any actual idea if the lower sale price is a fact since one of the parties to that transaction has been silent in this thread.

Wow 100 pages.

when a thread reaches 100 it should be closed and a new one started. fr someone just reading it today it will take longer then watching the Godfather or Avatar to read through this.