• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

I am incredibly distraught with this whole situation.....

1. I buy a book on good terms.

2. I learn there was some muddy waters and a previous buyer and sale that was not met on the same book.

3. Original buyer (Mt1000 - Matt) PMs me asking about the situation and if I sell it to let him know, I say yes of course.

4. I return book so original seller can sell to original buyer.

5. I PM original buyer (Mt1000 - Matt) and let him know seller has the book back and it is ready for you.

6. Original Buyer (Matt) ignores me and seller.

7. I am now out of a book I wanted and Original Buyer is ignoring myself and seller.

8. Original Buyer (Mt1000 - Matt) after ignoring my PM now claims I ignored his PM which is completely false.

What gives Matt? If you cannot PM me back, maybe you will post it publicly so we can all understand your side?

I have to go away for a few hours. I fully expect 500 new posts of drama when I return.

Mods,

Please allow me the chance to read it before it disappears.

Love,

Dice

:foryou:

2. I learn there was some muddy waters and a previous buyer and sale that was not met on the same book.

3. Original buyer (Mt1000 - Matt) PMs me asking about the situation and if I sell it to let him know, I say yes of course.

5. I PM original buyer (Mt1000 - Matt) and let him know seller has the book back and it is ready for you.

7. I am now out of a book I wanted and Original Buyer is ignoring myself and seller.

8. Original Buyer (Mt1000 - Matt) after ignoring my PM now claims I ignored his PM which is completely false.

What gives Matt? If you cannot PM me back, maybe you will post it publicly so we can all understand your side?

:( I am sorry that you got caught in the middle of this, Alex.

But with the bad blood between Matt & Yannis, I guess it's not a total shock either that the transaction didn't take place the second time. Just curious -- wouldn't it have been easier for you to resell to Matt directly?

I have to go away for a few hours. I fully expect 500 new posts of drama when I return.

Mods,

Please allow me the chance to read it before it disappears.

Love,

Dice

:foryou:

Mods Notified :sumo:

But with the bad blood between Matt & Yannis, I guess it's not a total shock either that the transaction didn't take place the second time. Just curious -- wouldn't it have been easier for you to resell to Matt directly?

I know its really no fun for me. :sorry:

Perhaps it might have been easier to sell it to him directly. But I figured the simplest and best way to go about it was to just get it back to the seller so the seller could then sell it to the original buyer. And then everything could be as it was supposed to be. (thumbs u

But I don't know if that will be the case now. hm

Sorry buddy--in the end you got the mess end of the stick

Perhaps it might have been easier to sell it to him directly. But I figured the simplest and best way to go about it was to just get it back to the seller so the seller could then sell it to the original buyer. And then everything could be as it was supposed to be. (thumbs u

Kudos for trying to do the right thing. :foryou: There'll be other #37s.

if matt doesnt buy it from yannis( I know i sure as hell wouldn't) can't u just buy the book back from him

that way at least u dont lose the book

if matt doesnt buy it from yannis( I know i sure as hell wouldn't) can't u just buy the book back from him

that way at least u dont lose the book

I could and would but have since tied up my money up in other things ( Marvel Mystery 9 ) as I thought the 37 was surely going to go to Matt.

Kudos for trying to do the right thing. :foryou: There'll be other #37s.

There will be and luckily I still have my 1.0 copy.

Looks like no upgrade for me right now, but I hope down the road.

Until then my 1.0 Tec 37 will suit just fine. :)

i would of never gave the book back.. you werent apart of this that was between the seller and the "other " buyer...but hey you do look like a good guy on here if that means anything to you.. but i think it sucks you are out a book ....pretty weak if you ask me

Batman i ment you ignored the PM's when this all happened i think you werent on the forum for a while since no one saw you posting, Im not mad at you all i meant by that comment was why wouldnt you send it back to him immediatly not now. You have to be in my shoes looking at this all of a sudden a month later the book it back out of the blue????? I figured something was up with it and maybe im wrong. I admit i forgot about your PM , But me and Yannis talked and he said he may have his old book back or a new one or even a few different ones, to wich i replied well i want to look at any book i buy, im sorry i cant just drive 5 hours anytime i feel like so we left it at that. Ill be in touch with Yannis. No ones blaming you and if it came across that way im sorry but i NEVER said selll the book back to him so....

Batman i ment you ignored the PM's when this all happened i think you werent on the forum for a while since no one saw you posting, Im not mad at you all i meant by that comment was why wouldnt you send it back to him immediatly not now. You have to be in my shoes looking at this all of a sudden a month later the book it back out of the blue????? I figured something was up with it and maybe im wrong. I admit i forgot about your PM , But me and Yannis talked and he said he may have his old book back or a new one or even a few different ones, to wich i replied well i want to look at any book i buy, im sorry i cant just drive 5 hours anytime i feel like so we left it at that. Ill be in touch with Yannis. No ones blaming you and if it came across that way im sorry but i NEVER said selll the book back to him so....

My head asplode.

:o