• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

I have read this entire thread and hope it ends soon. I hope Matt gets another grail he is looking for as well.

One question I have is if it was originally listed as a 2.5, was Matt informed that it had been submitted for grading as I keep hearing how it came back as a .5?

I have read this entire thread and hope it ends soon. I hope Matt gets another grail he is looking for as well.

One question I have is if it was originally listed as a 2.5, was Matt informed that it had been submitted for grading as I keep hearing how it came back as a .5?

that info is erroneous... 2 diff books' grades got confused (thumbs u

My best guess is that they mutually decided not to go through with the transaction? (shrug) I hope that's the case anyway. Maybe Matt can weigh in whenever he sees this.

I guess I misunderstood then, I thought the whole problem occured because the book was sold to another boarder instead of Matt? It was the "2 copies" that made me wonder.

I think the first dozen or so pages dealt with that. Sorry, I lost interest about that time. Thought it was resolved. (shrug)

You folks are correct... not sure why Yannis has the book back again. I was speculating that maybe he bought it back to finish the transaction with Matt, but they ended up not going through with it anyway. Just a shot though. (shrug)

It is the SAME book.

As everyone knows...

I bought the book from Yannis not knowing it already had a prior negotiation. I bought it on good terms. Yannis and I since agreed to do a return, in which he planned to sell it to Matt.

But as far as I know Matt has been ignoring Yannis. I also PM'd Matt but did not get a response. (shrug)

It is the SAME book.

As everyone knows...

I bought the book from Yannis not knowing it already had a prior negotiation. I bought it on good terms. Yannis and I since agreed to do a return, in which he planned to sell it to Matt.

But as far as I know Matt has been ignoring Yannis. I also PM'd Matt but did not get a response. (shrug)

Thanks Alex. I'd say that's that then... looks like these guys went their separate ways.

It is the SAME book.

As everyone knows...

Good for him. (thumbs u

It is the SAME book.

As everyone knows...

Even though matt didn't buy the book, you did the right thing Alex. (thumbs u

Actually about a month after all this Yannis and I spoke and he said he may be getting the book back, I said ill keep it in mind cause in the mean time i was going after a few other books. Yes batman did PM me but i forgot to write back so im not ignoring you, I do find it funny when i PM ed you 3 times i never got a response but that was ok right? Anyway im not getting in to this again, so i will personally call Yannis tonight ( and no im not ignoring him also) I just got a little weirded out when after a month the book was returned cause if it were such a big deal why was it not done immediatly. But im not bad mouthing anybody and ill talk this through with Yannis

Actually about a month after all this Yannis and I spoke and he said he may be getting the book back, I said ill keep it in mind cause in the mean time i was going after a few other books. Yes batman did PM me but i forgot to write back so im not ignoring you, I do find it funny when i PM ed you 3 times i never got a response but that was ok right? Anyway im not getting in to this again, so i will personally call Yannis tonight ( and no im not ignoring him also) I just got a little weirded out when after a month the book was returned cause if it were such a big deal why was it not done immediatly. But im not bad mouthing anybody and ill talk this through with Yannis

That is absolutely 100% UN-TRUE. I never ignored any of your PMs and you only PM'd me twice. Both of which I did reply to.

You PM me once explaining/asking about the situation and I replied, you PM'd me again and asked if I sell it to let you know. I replied back. Which you never replied to. I then wrote you on it being back with Yannis and you never replied.