• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

Wow 100 pages.

when a thread reaches 100 it should be closed and a new one started. fr someone just reading it today it will take longer then watching the Godfather or Avatar to read through this.

Change your thread preferences in My Stuff. I only have 50 pages and it's a hell of a lot easier to read.

I actually have 21 pages for this thread. Don;t recommend unless you have a fast dependable internet connection, especially for those image intense threads.

Lke I said...what a strange, strange trip this thread has been. And I didn't even read 80% of it. :insane:

By the way..."posting the contents of a PM will get the poster a strike" may be the law of this land, but it's not a very good one.

If PMs degenerate into nastiness...or even start with nastiness...I'll be lummoxed if I'm going to keep unsolicited attacks "private."

Now, if I solicit information, and that information is given on the condition that it remain private, to which condition I agree in advance, I would be a cad if I violated such an agreement, and would rightfully deserve a strike.

But UNsolicited PMs, especially hostile ones...? If one cannot say such things in public...just like in real life...one should be cautious about what they say, and to whom they say it to, in private. Not all PMs are sacrosanct, especially unsolicited hostile ones.

Can you imagine how absurd it would be for a judge in a criminal threat case to refuse to consider evidence that proves said threat, simply because it was sent as a PM to the victim, and thus is "private"...?

:screwy:

/sermon

No comment on the rest of the bollocks that's being talked in this thread...life's just too short...but two small points of order...

We've not got any balls, we're ladies!

Tennis Balls.

Oh, we thought you meant bollocks.

What's that from FT? You know?

I believe it is:

"Have you got any balls?"

"No no, we're ladies"

"Tennis balls"

"Oh sorry, silly me, I thought you meant bollocks""

I LOVE Little Britian. One of the best series ever! :applause:

I don't understand how this whole thing is on the minds and agenda of boardies that this didn't even happen to.

I think this should of been left up to Matt. I can't see how anyone can let something like this consume their lives when it didn't even happen to them (not talking about Bosco).

There are just more important things and people get really carried away.

This thread was nearly dead..lets move on!

I don't understand how this whole thing is on the minds and agenda of boardies that this didn't even happen to.

I think this should of been left up to Matt. I can't see how anyone can let something like this consume their lives when it didn't even happen to them (not talking about Bosco).

That's true, it won't matter to any other board members unless it happens to someone else in the future. At that point they will probably be wondering why a board that keeps track of books as if they were the Library of Congress would not see fit to memorialize this debacle as a reminder for caution to those that did not witness or remember the events as they occurred.

You started it :baiting:

No offense intended, Dan, but you were the one that brought this to everyone's attention in the first place. You started this conversation, but you or I or anyone else can no more control its direction than you can steer a train.

I started a thread to help a friend out and get answers.

If you guys wanna put him on the probation thread than by all means go for it. I just have more important things to worry about in life.

We can protect other members, I agree...

But most people don't even read the probation list nor will a newbie know to look there. So he'll still sell books.

That is ridiculous. If Matt wasn't willing to put him the probation list, which he wasn't as he was refunded in full, then I don't see why anyone is voting on anything.

As atrocious as I think what Yannis did was, I have to agree with the good doctor on this one.

No offense intended, Dan, but you were the one that brought this to everyone's attention in the first place. You started this conversation, but you or I or anyone else can no more control its direction than you can steer a train.

I started it for Matt..when Matt wanted it over with, I backed away and let it be over with. I didn't just randomly start this thread to cause a disruption..Matt wanted me to put it into words better than he could. Otherwise this is NOT my thread.

You're right about losing control of it...I will agree to that.

I felt like I had to make one final statement here before I got off for the final time. I want to thank the support from all the people I have dealt in the last few years. I also want to thank the friends I have made and met at conventions but I have decided to take a leave of absence for some time to think. In that time I will think about coming back here or not. I will make good with Matt and get him a book for a price he will be pleased within time but after that who knows. I guess after all the good deals I have done in the past meant nothing. It really is "what have you done for me today" that matters. It is fine. I accepted the bashing. I just wish that some of the on going witch hunters to please (at least) keep out of my personal family business. My personal family problems arent anyones concern. And I do not think that it should be posted for everyone to see. Matt and a few of my personal board member friends only know and hopefully it will stay that way. And please for the last time stop any finger pointing at Bat-Man because he is a good guy and really had no clue what was happening. Let the guy be so he can enjoy the hobby he grew up to love and be able to post freely with no harrasment. I guess if there are people who need to be in contact with me can either email me or text me in order to get in touch. For some of my buddies who have my email feel free to give it to anyone who wants to get in touch with me as well. I will check on any pms tomorrow and that will be it. Take care everyone

Why, for once, can't someone come on and say 'gee, you know, I'm sorry, guys. I've used horrible judgement and I'll do what I can to right the situation.' (shrug)

+1 (thumbs u