• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics & Life

212 posts in this topic

So, starting this thread on the weekend, when the Moderators are generally not around...purposeful, I presume?

So, starting this thread on the weekend, when the Moderators are generally not around...purposeful, I presume?

The Mod's are like " Q " on Star Tek Next Generation......they are ALWAYS around. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

This is my hobby I let all the rest of you operate in :sumo:

Even with all the incoherent ramblings and sidebars, you had me on your side ready to champion the cause with you.

After this doozy of a line, I think perhaps more than just a hip replacement was needed.

Jim

Bob,

Here is why I believe that the All Star #8 also has color touch in addition to the glue at the bottom of the spine:

Below is a close-up of the bottom staple area near Hawkman's arm on your book (far left) and then two copies in CGC blue labels from the Heritage archives (center and right)

as8.jpg

1. Note how the black ink from Hawkman's arm runs past the vertical black spine - a good sign that there may be some color touch.

2. Now note the diagonal inking on Hawkman's arm as it approaches the spine on the two copies on the right, it drastically reduces to almost nothing near the spine. Compare that to your copy on the left with strong hatches all the way to the spine.

I believe that when the spine of your copy was glued back to the cover, there was also some color touch added in (at the least) to try and hide the work.

And here's a closeup of my All-Star 8 for further comparison. Definitely a big difference in the inking from the Bails copy.

All-StarComics8CGCVG-35.jpg

Okay. You had me until you posted this.

"The stress of what CGC did to Jerry Bails' All Star #8 began inducing electrical brain seizures, now also in healing mode. Bob Be Back, And this pity bull is not giving up."

Me thinks that the electrical brain seizures induced by an accident to a comic book, is just too much. Going by your theory, after I spent 50K on my sons education and he got a job working in a factory, I should explode in a ball of lighting.

:roflmao:

Okay. You had me until you posted this.

"The stress of what CGC did to Jerry Bails' All Star #8 began inducing electrical brain seizures, now also in healing mode. Bob Be Back, And this pity bull is not giving up."

Me thinks that the electrical brain seizures induced by an accident to a comic book, is just too much. Going by your theory, after I spent 50K on my sons education and he got a job working in a factory, I should explode in a ball of lighting.

:roflmao:

.....don't explode just yet......your son will probably gain valuable experience at that factory, work his way up, and become the best management asset that company ever had.....he does come from good stock, after all. GOD BLESS...

Im thinking BLB is a frontrunner for the Ira Levine Award for 2010. He only shows up here to push his agendas, raising money for himself and now going ballistic on what appears to be histrionics and misunderstanding.

I don't have an opinion either way about this situation because quite frankly I really don't know what to think about it.

I must say though, Bob, you've got a memory like a steel trap! See you at OAFCON this year!

I don't have an opinion either way about this situation because quite frankly I really don't know what to think about it.

I must say though, Bob, you've got a memory like a steel trap! See you at OAFCON this year!

but i thought he forgot cgc had one of his books for 2 1/2 years.

What i find appalling is they took it upon themselves to abscond with Jerry's All Star #22 from July 2007 to Feb 2010.

Seems I missed one issue checking in the inventory.

So you submitted a book without listing it on the invoice? hm

Im thinking BLB is a frontrunner for the Ira Levine Award for 2010. He only shows up here to push his agendas, raising money for himself and now going ballistic on what appears to be histrionics and misunderstanding.

Patently untrue as in Dunno who Ira Levine might be, matters not, beside the point,

I was off virtually all my groups i belong to for over two years, not just here, but GCD work, some 40 yahoo comics discussion groups, others, even my own Plat list I am a co-moderator on, dealing with "life" whilst seeking to get repaired and healed.

Virtually most all the issues I was dealing with were placed on hiatus, became almost a hermit as the pain was overwhelming, so you go on what you think any of my "agendas" might be, this issue as presented here I ask nothing for myself, as that is not the issue

Am going to be getting pics and such made up today of what I have been bringing up, detailing the issues regarding what CGC did to these books, what they stone walled on for some time,

then I was wrapped up coming out of summer 2007 onwards getting repaired and healed

Even my Overstreet comics business history articles and price indexes for the Victorian and Platinum sections I have been compiling for many years now were placed on hold.

There were no changes or additions made by me 2008 2009 in the Guide, nor have I worked on any other aspect of my comics history projects which are now being re-activated as I begin the process of working on my book once again.

You, and any one else for that matter, can make all the lopsided hair-brained accusations you wish to, I know in my heart my quest for justice and truth in this particular matter is pure

If I had not been overwhelmed by acute pain issues for a long time, causing me to be unable to set up at the 25-30 shows a year I had been doing all over the country, this matter would have been dealt with long ago. Would you grant me that little tidbit?

Respectively

Robert Beerbohm

Bob,

Here is why I believe that the All Star #8 also has color touch in addition to the glue at the bottom of the spine:

Below is a close-up of the bottom staple area near Hawkman's arm on your book (far left) and then two copies in CGC blue labels from the Heritage archives (center and right)

as8.jpg

1. Note how the black ink from Hawkman's arm runs past the vertical black spine - a good sign that there may be some color touch.

2. Now note the diagonal inking on Hawkman's arm as it approaches the spine on the two copies on the right, it drastically reduces to almost nothing near the spine. Compare that to your copy on the left with strong hatches all the way to the spine.

I believe that when the spine of your copy was glued back to the cover, there was also some color touch added in (at the least) to try and hide the work.

Yo Crow,

Once I make up the close up pics, I will present what CGC employees did

Just got done getting my warehouse moved into a much larger space all flat on one level, my previous warehouse just vacated was on two levels, a near impossible scenario for me to access my material with my present condition

I simply move slower than in the past, I have many more months of healing to accomplish.

Am not disputing anything you write at present, however, there is more to this story than presented as of yet - and pics will alleviate all kinds of words and banter, I trust.

Patently untrue as in Dunno who Ira Levine might be, matters not, beside the point,

I was off virtually all my groups i belong to for over two years, not just here, but GCD work, some 40 yahoo comics discussion groups, others, even my own Plat list I am a co-moderator on, dealing with "life" whilst seeking to get repaired and healed.

Virtually most all the issues I was dealing with were placed on hiatus, became almost a hermit as the pain was overwhelming, so you go on what you think any of my "agendas" might be, this issue as presented here I ask nothing for myself, as that is not the issue

Am going to be getting pics and such made up today of what I have been bringing up, detailing the issues regarding what CGC did to these books, what they stone walled on for some time,

then I was wrapped up coming out of summer 2007 onwards getting repaired and healed

Even my Overstreet comics business history articles and price indexes for the Victorian and Platinum sections I have been compiling for many years now were placed on hold.

There were no changes or additions made by me 2008 2009 in the Guide, nor have I worked on any other aspect of my comics history projects which are now being re-activated as I begin the process of working on my book once again.

You, and any one else for that matter, can make all the lopsided hair-brained accusations you wish to, I know in my heart my quest for justice and truth in this particular matter is pure

If I had not been overwhelmed by acute pain issues for a long time, causing me to be unable to set up at the 25-30 shows a year I had been doing all over the country, this matter would have been dealt with long ago. Would you grant me that little tidbit?

Respectively

Robert Beerbohm

I get it that youve had a rough couple of years. and your health was dire. But sheesh, between the long winded self heroicisims, and these charges makes heads spin.

and not too many of us were around in midaevel England, so your prose is a tad hard to follow. methinks!

Im saying give us a little credit. Most people here love these issues of wrongdoing and scandal. But you raise it to the level of an international incident of earth shattering importance! And your place in it as the Last Honest Man Unafraid to Speak Truth to Power!!

climb down off your soapbox, or cross, whichever is the best metaphor, present your facts cleanly and easy to follow, and let the jury decide (those are the ones in the wings holding the pitchforks waiting eagerly to storm the castle under your command) ONCE YOU HAVE PROVED YOUR CASE.

you 56 years in the business are worth a listen. But lighten up.

The Mod's are like " Q " on Star Tek Next Generation......they are ALWAYS around. GOD BLESS...

Not at all, I presume, and still do, the CGC Mods are around all the time, there sure are a lot of them listed, some one is awake starting Sunday morning.

Keep in mind, I am asking nothing for myself on this matter,

simply justice for the damage CGC accidentally to two books hand delivered by me into their care. Twas cheaper to buy a plane ticket & a motel for over night stay than pay the insurance to ship at the time. I had never seen their operation, flew up to Wash DC for a couple days after that to do some more research at Library of Congress at the time. Again, beside the point you imply, as I tend to go off on side bar tangents all the time, my apologies to all who suspect ulterior motive(s)