• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,897 posts in this topic

Man, over 700 posts in this thread since I last checked in....I'm guessing the market for Steven's covers is still pretty strong, huh?

Based on the fact my Stevens sales thread has been rocking for the last two hours I would say yes! Welcome back! Can't wait to see those submissions when they get back. :golfclap:

Congrats on the sales...the only Stevens cover that has really eluded me up to now has been DNAgents # 4.....anyone got a 9.8 they want to part with? :wishluck:

TOTALLY agree. It is always the first book I look for and the best to date I've been able to find is a 9.4.

:applause:

It's a tough book. Tougher than most would realize. My OO example was in my collection for years until I submitted it to CGC. My second best copy I had sold to Sl4ppy, which he received a 9.4 on that one.

Starslayer3_98a.jpg

:drool:

puppy_big_sniffing.gif

:applause:

It's a tough book. Tougher than most would realize. My OO example was in my collection for years until I submitted it to CGC. My second best copy I had sold to Sl4ppy, which he received a 9.4 on that one.

Starslayer3_98a.jpg

:drool:

puppy_big_sniffing.gif

Awwww, look at the cutie.

BAD DOG! NO PEE PEE ON THE FLOOR.

:sumo:

Bleeding Cool took part in an IDW interview panel, and it turns out Mark Waid is going to publish a new Rocketeer story arc.

:whee:

Following the success of the Rocketeer Collection and Dave Stevens Sketchbook will be a hardcover collecting the late creator’s Covers and Stories, set for a July 2012 release. It will include work of his that is rarely, if ever reprinted. The topic then shifted to the next Dave Stevens themed announcement, which caused a cosplayer dressed as the Rocketeer to enter the room, but be shooed out by the panel because it wasn’t time yet. The announcement was for the second Rocketeer Adventures anthology miniseries, with covers by Darwyn Cooke, stories by Sandy Plunkett, Stan Sakai, Walt Simonson, pin-ups by Art Adams, J. Scott Campbell and more.

The NEXT Rocketeer announcement was for the first Rocketeer extended story to be published since Steven’s death. The cosplayer finally got to enter the room, made his way to the dais, where he took a seat. Slowly he removed his helmet to reveal… Mark Waid. He will be writing a four issue Rocketeer miniseries along with artist Chris Samnee. The series will deal with returning villains from the secret pasts of Cliff’s mentors, and the growing threat of the agency that would become the FAA and how regulation of flight means that the Rocketeer’s days are numbered.

Bleeding Cool News - IDW