• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,924 posts in this topic

Brent,

Great stuff man, you and I probably stood shoulder to shoulder once or twice at DC talking to the man. I had a similar attitude at the time, just tell him how great his stuff was and get a couple of things signed and stay awake for the Bettie Page look alike contest :lol:

I was a big Dave Stevens fan when I was younger (in my 20s), and was saddened to find out that he died during my hiatus of collecting, and I had never even heard. When I got back into collecting, I really wanted to collect Dave Stevens books - so I decided to collect raw autographs. I thought it would make for a unique and challenging collection goal. I'm about 1/3 through my list of books that I want.

My target is not *all* of his books, I am just going for the covers that I like, which are 99% cheesecake girly art. :banana:

Awhile back, I was also able to pick up a Cheval Noir book from Dave Stevens' estate, which I really like - but my favorite is the Bettie Page #1 that is signed by Dave AND Bettie Page. :cloud9:

DAVESTEVENS_BETTIEPAGE01_FRONT.jpeg

DAVESTEVENS_AIRBOY_FRONT.jpeg

DAVESTEVENS_ALIENWORLDS_FRONT.jpeg

DAVESTEVENS_BLACKANGELTPB_FRONT.jpeg

DAVESTEVENS_CHEVAL_FRONT.jpeg

DAVESTEVENS_CROSSFIRE12_FRONT.jpeg

DAVESTEVENS_DNAAGENTS24_FRONT.jpeg

DAVESTEVENS_JUNGLECOMICS_FRONT.jpeg

DAVESTEVENS_SHEENA_FRONT.jpeg

DAVESTEVENS_VANGUARDILLUS_FRONT.jpeg

DAVESTEVENS_VENUS_FRONT.jpeg

DAVESTEVENS_VEROTIKILLUS2_FRONT.jpeg

I recently acquired this Dave Stevens cover for my original art collection. It's okay, I guess. (shrug)

Dave%20Stevens%20Alien%20Worlds%202%20cover.jpg

:o(worship)

My dream is to someday own a Dave original. I'd settle for a scribble. Something like this? This is amazing. Congrats!

Thanks, guys! It's one of my favorite Dave covers, and I was thrilled to be able to acquire it.

The link in the other post broke, so here it is again on a different hosting site:

DaveStevensAlienWorlds2cover.jpg

Thanks, guys! It's one of my favorite Dave covers, and I was thrilled to be able to acquire it.

The link in the other post broke, so here it is again on a different hosting site:

DaveStevensAlienWorlds2cover.jpg

I just want to bump this just to quote something this awesome. That is a stunning piece, and your paste-ups look like they are still holding tight!

This blew my mind.... I had no idea! I saw this old planet in the seller forum and immediately thought WAIT A MINUTE!!! Is this common knowledge or mind blowing news? :insane:

720476-planet_58.jpg

vixensf.jpg

^ to me, that's the Planet vehicle is the inspiration for the space vixens vehicle, and not far off from his more 80s Planet cover vehicle... so he probably WAS looking at planets at the time...

planet_comics_1.jpg