• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman collecting thread
1 1

750 posts in this topic

Someone give me a realistic value for a Bat 121 in 8.0 with White pages.

1500...2000?

One went on C-Link for 1750 (CGC 7.5 OW)

Should be $595...that's what you buy it now for. I see this copy in the mid $2500-3000. Hope everything works out for you.

With white pages -- and if the cover is that white -- the $3k range+ is probably where the book would get priced as FMV. With cr/ow, more like $2300 or $2400.

1500...2000?

Should be $595...that's what you buy it now for. I see this copy in the mid $2500-3000. Hope everything works out for you.

With white pages -- and if the cover is that white -- the $3k range+ is probably where the book would get priced as FMV. With cr/ow, more like $2300 or $2400.

I'm sure the price of the book is now $2500 plus.... (shrug)

1500...2000?

Based on the last 7.0 and 7.5 sale, the prices are climbing for Bat 121. Based on yours and my FMV, it could goe either way. The book is just hard to find in 7.0+ and I'm not surprise at the multiple guide price in those grades. Yes, WP is a plus and I have never seen a Bat 121 with WP.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

1500...2000?

Based on the last 7.0 and 7.5 sale, the prices are climbing for Bat 121. Based on yours and my FMV, it could goe either way. The book is just hard to find in 7.0+ and I'm not surprise at the multiple guide price in those grades. Yes, WP is a plus and I have never seen a Bat 121 with WP.

Whatever the guy wants I am paying. I think we may settle in the 1200 to 1500 range.

1500...2000?

Whatever the guy wants I am paying. I think we may settle in the 1200 to 1500 range.

That's generous of you Brannon. You deserve it and WP. :cloud9:

The dealer made an honest mistake IMO. He is commissioning the book and thought the guy wanted 595.00 (he wanted 1595.00).

The dealer said he cannot afford the 1000.00 loss. You know, I believe him.

That's why we're working it out.

I always heard good things happen to good people. Maybe that's why the Good Lord led Bryan and I to Michigan for the massive DC lot.

Thanks for all the input guys. I will post it when I get it.

1500...2000?

Neither have I. The 7.5 sale in cr/ow sort of sets the current value. Add on top of that the premium for white cover + white pages.

With that said... I have seen more Bat 121s in the past few years than when I originally began looking for it. When I got mine, I was very happy with the grade and price...

Please, only read this is if you are making the seller offers on the Bat 121 8.0

I have haven't posted on here in a while. I just wanted to say, I am really having a hard time sitting here and not punching a hole through my computer. Whoever is making the seller of the Bat 121 offers (knowing my dad is trying to settle a deal with the seller) is a sorry SON OF A B I T C H, who needs to get off the boards. I now have 0 respect for the boards, and will NEVER post another book here. I really wanted that book becuase my dad LOVES that book and LOVES WHITE pages. He trys to be nice and show you guys the book and some greedy son a gun with a golden spoon up his , screws it all up. I am done with the boards. Nice meeting all of you and God bless.

Bryan.

Edited by Hawkman23

Please, only read this is if you are making the seller offers on the Bat 121 8.0

I have haven't posted on here in a while. I just wanted to say, I am really having a hard time sitting here and not punching a hole through my computer. Whoever is making the seller of the Bat 121 offers (knowing my dad is trying to settle a deal with the seller) is a sorry SON OF A B I T C H, who needs to get off the boards. I now have 0 respect for the boards, and will NEVER post another book here. I really wanted that book becuase my dad LOVES that book and LOVES WHITE pages. He trys to be nice and show you guys the book and some greedy son a gun with a golden spoon up his , screws it all up. I am done with the boards. Nice meeting all of you and God bless.

Bryan.

You're mad because you didn't get a book for 25% of it's true market value? Get a grip. Seems like you did pretty good on the collection you posted, so don't get greedy. (and no I did not make an offer on the book)

Fanfourever, no body was talking to you. If you would read correctly, I was directing that to the offerers. So please save you 2 cents for somebody that will actually care to listen to you. I not mad at the price, I have books worth more than my house, so please dont TELL me why I'm mad. So before you jump to conclusion, try to think it through. Its called good business, something the seller doesnt have. He sold the book to us, and renigged. Just like we got screwed on the 7.5 AF 15. Its all about dinero nowadays and nothing else.

Did Comiclink reneg -- or the seller through the Link failed to complete. My understanding is that's exactly what Josh prevents. One thing I've always understood is that he generally holds people's feet to the fire.

The first buyer re-neg and later I was ultimately the serious buyer....which I now own that 7.5 WP. :cloud9:

Did Comiclink reneg -- or the seller through the Link failed to complete. My understanding is that's exactly what Josh prevents. One thing I've always understood is that he generally holds people's feet to the fire.

We decided to not pursue it and leave the guy be. He was a prior big time buyer and (I think) found a better copy at a better price.

Anyway, it went to a better home. (thumbs u