• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman collecting thread
1 1

750 posts in this topic

Did Comiclink reneg -- or the seller through the Link failed to complete. My understanding is that's exactly what Josh prevents. One thing I've always understood is that he generally holds people's feet to the fire.

We decided to not pursue it and leave the guy be. He was a prior big time buyer and (I think) found a better copy at a better price.

Anyway, it went to a better home. (thumbs u

If you got an 8.0, sounds like you did. All's well that ends well. Something tells me that something similar will happen here.

Fanfourever, no body was talking to you. If you would read correctly, I was directing that to the offerers. So please save you 2 cents for somebody that will actually care to listen to you. I not mad at the price, I have books worth more than my house, so please dont TELL me why I'm mad. So before you jump to conclusion, try to think it through. Its called good business, something the seller doesnt have. He sold the book to us, and renigged. Just like we got screwed on the 7.5 AF 15. Its all about dinero nowadays and nothing else.

Of course Bryan and I are both frustrated. But to get the facts straight, I paypal'd the guy 1500 for the bat 121 and it came back.

I just paypal'd him 3000. WIll it come back?

You know, it just hit me that I am bidding against myself.. hmlol

Did Comiclink reneg -- or the seller through the Link failed to complete. My understanding is that's exactly what Josh prevents. One thing I've always understood is that he generally holds people's feet to the fire.

We decided to not pursue it and leave the guy be. He was a prior big time buyer and (I think) found a better copy at a better price.

Anyway, it went to a better home. (thumbs u

If you got an 8.0, sounds like you did. All's well that ends well. Something tells me that something similar will happen here.

You're a class act Foolkller. (thumbs u

Fanfourever, no body was talking to you. If you would read correctly, I was directing that to the offerers. So please save you 2 cents for somebody that will actually care to listen to you. I not mad at the price, I have books worth more than my house, so please dont TELL me why I'm mad. So before you jump to conclusion, try to think it through. Its called good business, something the seller doesnt have. He sold the book to us, and renigged. Just like we got screwed on the 7.5 AF 15. Its all about dinero nowadays and nothing else.

Of course Bryan and I are both frustrated. But to get the facts straight, I paypal'd the guy 1500 for the bat 121 and it came back.

Well at $3k, I'd think that should be the end of it.

Please, only read this is if you are making the seller offers on the Bat 121 8.0

I have haven't posted on here in a while. I just wanted to say, I am really having a hard time sitting here and not punching a hole through my computer. Whoever is making the seller of the Bat 121 offers (knowing my dad is trying to settle a deal with the seller) is a sorry SON OF A B I T C H, who needs to get off the boards. I now have 0 respect for the boards, and will NEVER post another book here. I really wanted that book becuase my dad LOVES that book and LOVES WHITE pages. He trys to be nice and show you guys the book and some greedy son a gun with a golden spoon up his , screws it all up. I am done with the boards. Nice meeting all of you and God bless.

Bryan.

Relax bro. I'm sure its a combination of people lurking and board members offering. Its sad really. Just don't let something like this ruin your comic book collecting experience on the boards. At the end of the day we should all be happy for the collections we have. Thankfully I'm a mid grade asm collector and they're everywhere lol.

Please, only read this is if you are making the seller offers on the Bat 121 8.0

I have haven't posted on here in a while. I just wanted to say, I am really having a hard time sitting here and not punching a hole through my computer. Whoever is making the seller of the Bat 121 offers (knowing my dad is trying to settle a deal with the seller) is a sorry SON OF A B I T C H, who needs to get off the boards. I now have 0 respect for the boards, and will NEVER post another book here. I really wanted that book becuase my dad LOVES that book and LOVES WHITE pages. He trys to be nice and show you guys the book and some greedy son a gun with a golden spoon up his , screws it all up. I am done with the boards. Nice meeting all of you and God bless.

Bryan.

Relax bro. I'm sure its a combination of people lurking and board members offering. Its sad really. Just don't let something like this ruin your comic book collecting experience on the boards. At the end of the day we should all be happy for the collections we have. Thankfully I'm a mid grade asm collector and they're everywhere lol.

I agree. But 2 times in a few months weakens the comic soul... :(

Bryan.

I agree. But 2 times in a few months weakens the comic soul... :(

Damn. Next time don't post until books in hand. That is a total bummer.

The dealer made an honest mistake IMO. He is commissioning the book and thought the guy wanted 595.00 (he wanted 1595.00).

The dealer said he cannot afford the 1000.00 loss. You know, I believe him.

That's why we're working it out.

If the book is on commission, it's weird that his listing reads:

I just got this book back from CGC today!

A really hard book to find in this condition

A 1959 (53 year old) GEM!

No best offers PLEASE.

**If it doesn't sell I will put in in my personal collection**

I hope you get the book. It sounds like you really want it. But the seller doesn't sound like a straight shooter. The guy should just accept $1595 and be grateful for your understanding.

The dealer made an honest mistake IMO. He is commissioning the book and thought the guy wanted 595.00 (he wanted 1595.00).

No best offers PLEASE.

I hope you get the book. It sounds like you really want it. But the seller doesn't sound like a straight shooter. The guy should just accept $1595 and be grateful for your understanding.

+2 The seller has really good feedback which really makes this unfortunate. Even if this was a mistake of leaving off the extra $1,000.00, he should sell the book for the $1,595. This should have been done already and not now upping the price per minute. Really poor form.

I really hope this is resolved to your satisfaction, PeeWee.

No best offers PLEASE.

+2 The seller has really good feedback which really makes this unfortunate. Even if this was a mistake of leaving off the extra $1,000.00, he should sell the book for the $1,595. This should have been done already and not now upping the price per minute. Really poor form.

Bad form indeed...sounds like a guy I want to avoid. On a side note, shame on anyone trying to snag the book out from under you. :sumo:

This guy's dicking you around, and you just paypal'd him 3 grand? Does that not sound horribly risky?

No best offers PLEASE.

The 3 grand is in his hands (credit card payment of course). He (Brian) wants to sell it for the 1600 agreed on. His pal (the guy who owns it) took the book today due to all the misunderstanding & confusion but Brian wants us both to lie low and then he can get it back. I think I will get it for 1600 as Brian's feedback is over 4500 and perfect. His website is full of comics. custom build CGC frames, Atari stuff, etc. He seems legit (and he knows he is in a tight pinch...and wants to get out of it) so I am going to give him the benefit right now. :wishluck:

By the way, he swears to me he has offers made on the book but has not accepted any. This is totally my fault for running my lips before having the book in hand.

Edited by peewee22

Someone give me a realistic value for a Bat 121 in 8.0 with White pages.

Should be $595...that's what you buy it now for.

I grew up where your word is everything. Now, it's nothing. 2c

I agree. Your word must always be your bond. I'm a stockbroker. If I make a mistake, I have to MANUP and eat it.

:makepoint:

By the way, he swears to me he has offers made on the book but has not accepted any. This is totally my fault for running my lips before having the book in hand.

I wouldn't assume that it had to be someone who read about your purchase on this thread. Ebay is read by far more people than read this board.

(shrug)

While some people have to keep their word to keep something like their job, there's other people who's morals are low and don't care at all about their word.

Haven't posted a bats or tec on here in awhile. goin to San Fran tomorrow and hopefully I'll have some killer deals to post on here wwhen I get back.

Hmmmmm. I'm sceptical. I think the dealer was probably a Marvel zombie who had no clue as to how much interest there was in silly old DC comics such as Batman 121. He probably looked at Overstreet to price it on Ebay.

He then realized just how much enthusiasm this book generates from Batman collectors, perhaps even from this thread - and had a change in heart which really should be much too late.

(shrug)