• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
17 17

5,128 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

weird then how sometimes CGC notes "leafcasting" on the label and other times "pieces added'

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 5/23/2024 at 3:50 AM, Gotham Kid said:

weird then how sometimes CGC notes "leafcasting" on the label and other times "pieces added'

It looks like my guess of leaf casting was a swing and a miss. I just checked the grader's notes and the pieces added are called out as being added to the spine ... nothing about any addition to the bottom cover. 

It's been a long time since I've owned a Detective 28! I've only ever owned 2 copies, one 3.0 Q married centerfold and one coverless missing a lot of pages. I know this doesn't really qualify as owning a copy, but I dig it and it wasn't a lot of money, so I grabbed it. Slam Bradley RULES!!!  :headbang:

Detective 28 26th pg c-ow.jpg

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2024 at 12:31 AM, Dark Knight said:

Possibly to cover up bottom edge trimming

yup, gonna pass

the 5.0 will most certainly hit 200k++  :S

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 5/24/2024 at 3:57 PM, Dark Knight said:

I still feel Tec 29 is way undervalued compared to 31. They should be neck to neck in pricing.  Tec 33 appears to have had the most gains last few years.

Agreed!

I don’t really know when the Tec #31 separated in valuation, probably started 2010 or so. 
They are obviously both Classic covers (Tec 29 & 31) but the Tec 31 seems to be of interest with other collectors beside Batman collectors. 
From what I have read some say Tec 31 is among top 3 or 4 covers of the Golden Age period??

The current valuation of the Tec 31 seems to support more demand because of more Golden Age collectors outside of Batman collectors seeking the book?

Just a guess and probably doesn’t make sense?!?

On 5/24/2024 at 2:41 PM, Bat-Hound said:

You would think Detective #33 should be ahead of Detective #29 & #31 simply because of the 1st Origin. Maybe at one time is was?

With regards to importance and content, I would agree #33 should be ahead of #29 and #31. But in terms of cover coolness that is iconic to Batman, #29 and #31 blows away #33. And I believe that is the reason #29 and #31 trumps #33 in value.

On 5/24/2024 at 4:15 PM, Dark Knight said:

With regards to importance and content, I would agree #33 should be ahead of #29 and #31. But in terms of cover coolness that is iconic to Batman, #29 and #31 blows away #33. And I believe that is the reason #29 and #31 trumps #33 in value.

33 was outpacing the 29/31 at one point. Then the 33 fell behind and even the 35 had higher demand than the 33. 29 and 31 are still neck and neck for me with slight edge to the 31 (just slight). The slight rarity and earlier 29 always is a plus for me. Alas, I’m no longer a Pre Robin Tec owner 🫠

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 1:07 AM, Primetime said:

Alas, I’m no longer a Pre Robin Tec owner 🫠

your Tec 31 2.5 ?

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 5/24/2024 at 8:07 PM, Primetime said:

33 was outpacing the 29/31 at one point. Then the 33 fell behind and even the 35 had higher demand than the 33. 29 and 31 are still neck and neck for me with slight edge to the 31 (just slight). The slight rarity and earlier 29 always is a plus for me. Alas, I’m no longer a Pre Robin Tec owner 🫠

I had all of the pre-Robin Batman covers … alas I now have none 😭

On 5/25/2024 at 8:59 PM, Primetime said:

I had all but 27 and 36. I still have my 18 (my favorite Pre-Bat) 

I had them all few times over. I had 2- 27s 3 or more 28s one 29-30-31- 33- about 5 34s :facepalm: Oh no don't remember 32 0r 35 buy yes 36 and 37 few times each and 1 38 that I still thought I had but then remembered I traded it for a motorcycle in Livermore when I was starting to be a dummy. I now have to get a 30 and 35 or I can never say I had all.                 I need my 30 in 6.0 or better @Gotham Kid just kidding I will take a .5 just to have bragging rights. Hope Peter gets his soon.