• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

On 3/25/2024 at 4:42 AM, Professor K said:
On 3/24/2024 at 6:23 PM, Gotham Kid said:

image.thumb.png.4da27735f7bab8440e1d4d491e1ebaa1.png

Pretty high you think?

Yes, I also thought it was a pretty strong price, especially considering that it had the much dreaded and often deadly "Brittle Pages" PQ designation. (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/25/2024 at 5:00 PM, lou_fine said:

Yes, I also thought it was a pretty strong price, especially considering that it had the much dreaded and often deadly "Brittle Pages" PQ designation. (thumbsu

Detective 36 is an underappreciated book.  Scarer than most in the run and one of the few times that Batman deliberately killed people.  Changes to his costume.  Drug smuggling story.  And the first recurring super-villain* that was written to be a recurring villain -- complete with a last panel in jail vowing revenge on the Batman.

*second recurring villain in DC, after the Ultra-humanite in Action Comics (and before the Joker or Lex Luthor.  ("Dr. Death" had appeared in two issues but it was one two-party story and he died for good** at the end.

**although I would not be surprised if somebody tells me DC resurrected him decades later.  

Edited by BLUECHIPCOLLECTIBLES

On 4/4/2024 at 11:51 AM, Gotham Kid said:

Tec29 performed poorly ...

I would tend to agree although I would have to say that I am a bit biased since I've always liked the 'Tec 29 cover image plus the fact that it's an earlier issue with the 2nd Batman cover and also a bit tougher to find than the 'Tec 31.  (thumbsu  

Then again, maybe it's the tendency for me to prefer the underdog over the fan favorite as I prefer the Phantom Lady 23 over the PL17, the Blue Beetle 52 over the BB 54, the Seven Seas 6 over the SS 4. etc.  (:  :luhv:

On 4/4/2024 at 11:53 AM, Dark Knight said:

Yup!  I expected to go for at least $100k

Higher than the $66K figure it fetched for sure, but not quite sure if I would say 6-figures yet for a CGC 3.5?  hm  (shrug)

On 4/5/2024 at 1:29 AM, lhcomics said:
On 4/4/2024 at 7:54 PM, Gotham Kid said:

Anyone want to sell me their Tec31 for 90 ? :bigsmile:

Me!

for a 2.5 :bigsmile:

On 4/6/2024 at 10:42 AM, Gotham Kid said:

dont get the Tec 31 results (shrug)

image.thumb.png.353a280747c9adfcb8d9df7ddaa4b904.png

1.8 C-5

image.thumb.png.30f6f3c534f8f8b1ae56951507c2f47d.png

Are you saying that the Universal CGC 2.5 graded copy went too low or that the Restored CGC 1.5 graded copy sold for too high, especially considering that the restoration was flagged as C-5 for Extensive and Poor Quality?  :p

On 4/6/2024 at 9:55 PM, lou_fine said:

Are you saying that the Universal CGC 2.5 graded copy went too low or that the Restored CGC 1.5 graded copy sold for too high, especially considering that the restoration was flagged as C-5 for Extensive and Poor Quality?  :p

saying ext restored went for way too much, the 2.5 was inline with what I expected as final result