• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
17 17

5,143 posts in this topic

Here is my Tec 31 CGC 2.5 - The "Grail" of my collection :cloud9:

(Already posted in the previous page during Showcase's Action 13 and my Tec 31 "mind explosion")

IMG_1264-3.jpg

DET1_7966b.jpg

It just never gets old looking at this. :applause:

Always seems to remind me about how another 2.5 Tec #31 sold for more than an unrestored 3.5 Captain America Comics #1!

Greatest cover of all-time?

Probably.

I think this is the first time I got to see the back-cover!

Beautiful grail Alex; one any collector would be proud to call their own. :cloud9:

Thanks!

I really treasure it! Wanted one since I was a young lad. :grin:

Greatest cover of all? I think so! :applause:

Unless of course, you want to compare the cover to Tec #33...then you'd be in for some stiff competition. :baiting:

Perhaps a little bit of bias is starting to go to my head but...I really am quite fond of Tec #33 for some reason. hm

I'm fond of 33 as well. Again, I admire the way Batman is drawn on the cover. It's a great cover.

But to me 31 is my fav. More due to nostalgia than anything.

(Already posted in the previous page during Showcase's Action 13 and my Tec 31 "mind explosion")

IMG_1264-3.jpg

DET1_7966b.jpg

Always seems to remind me about how another 2.5 Tec #31 sold for more than an unrestored 3.5 Captain America Comics #1!

Probably.

Beautiful grail Alex; one any collector would be proud to call their own. :cloud9:

Thanks!

Unless of course, you want to compare the cover to Tec #33...then you'd be in for some stiff competition. :baiting:

Perhaps a little bit of bias is starting to go to my head but...I really am quite fond of Tec #33 for some reason. hm

I'm fond of 33 as well. Again, I admire the way Batman is drawn on the cover. It's a great cover.

Okay...so maybe your Tec #31 has the greatest cover in the history of comics. :taptaptap:

But I'm still going to always love Tec #33's cover...I'm happy to be biased. :cloud9:

IMG_1264-3.jpg

DET1_7966b.jpg

Probably.

Thanks!

Okay...so maybe your Tec #31 has the greatest cover in the history of comics. :taptaptap:

But I'm still going to always love Tec #33's cover...I'm happy to be biased. :cloud9:

Tec 33 will always have something far more important than a cover, it has the origin of Batman. ;)

IMG_1264-3.jpg

DET1_7966b.jpg

Probably.

Thanks!

Tec 33 will always have something far more important than a cover, it has the origin of Batman. ;)

(thumbs u

Granted it's a 0.5 but it is a beautiful 0.5 that presents phenomenally!

I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to call that a true Holy Grail.

Reminds me of my beloved Tec #33. :cloud9:

Missing back-cover but the front-cover's image is vivid and the PQ is impressive.

The only difference really is that a family of mice got to mine while yours remained safe but...Tec #31 < Tec #33 :grin:

Yeah but I think the mice may have edited the origin of Batman in your # 33. You miss the part where you see the parents get shot and the bat comes in through the window. In your copy, Batman's origin resembles that of Catman.

Granted it's a 0.5 but it is a beautiful 0.5 that presents phenomenally!

I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to call that a true Holy Grail.

Reminds me of my beloved Tec #33. :cloud9:

Missing back-cover but the front-cover's image is vivid and the PQ is impressive.

The only difference really is that a family of mice got to mine while yours remained safe but...Tec #31 < Tec #33 :grin:

Yeah but I think the mice may have edited the origin of Batman in your # 33. You miss the part where you see the parents get shot and the bat comes in through the window. In your copy, Batman's origin resembles that of Catman.

:signfunny:

I suspect GA mice liked DC's best, ate Timelys when they ran out of DCs and

only nibbled on Fawcetts. I am not sure of their taste for Dells (except Barks

of course), Fox or the others.

This one is for Detective33kid,,,

I picked this one up a while ago in Chicago..

file0140.jpg

(worship):applause:(worship)

It presents very well for a 3.0.

I imagine the cover being detached was the factor there; great eye-appeal never the less!

Would you mind if I asked how much you had to invest to pick it up?

I heard GA mice really liked origin's

I suspect GA mice liked DC's best, ate Timelys when they ran out of DCs and

only nibbled on Fawcetts. I am not sure of their taste for Dells (except Barks

of course), Fox or the others.

I may be blind, but can you point out the mouse chew for me, please? :wishluck:

Andy

Very funny guys. (tsk)

But as I've said before, had it not been for the defects, this book would have never been an option for me.

Even in spite of everything that happened to the book, the complete Batman story is there, the image of Batman on the front-cover is 100% in-tact, and this copy is to the best of my knowledge...one of only two CGC-graded copies with white pages.

Again, while it would have been nice to have a more complete copy, all of the good stuff is still there and preserved well. I know that I would rather have my Tec #33 with all of the defects taken into account, than a more complete copy of a less significant issue.

I'm glad the mice got to it because otherwise, this probably would have been a high-grade issue well out of my price-range. (thumbs u

file0140.jpg

(worship):applause:(worship):signfunny:

I imagine the cover being detached was the factor there; great eye-appeal never the less!

Yes,, this copy has nice eye-appeal and probably would be a 4.5? if not for the detached cover,,,The back cover is clean as well with no peices missing.

I paid 5 grand at the time and had to pick it up while I had the chance..

I think it is a little bit scarcer than the Tec 31 and Tec 35 but current $$ demand is going to these two books right now...

I may joke about the mice but your copy would be an upgrade for mine (coverless

and coupon out centerfold). That may give you the last laugh.

No worries Jerome,

I knew you were just kidding around. :grin:

I'd love to own any of the coverless Tecs you listed; amazing books to own in ANY condition.

file0140.jpg

Yes,, this copy has nice eye-appeal and probably would be a 4.5? if not for the detached cover,,,The back cover is clean as well with no peices missing.

I think it is a little bit scarcer than the Tec 31 and Tec 35 but current $$ demand is going to these two books right now...

There general consensus seems to be the opposite; that both Tec #31 and #35 are more scarce than #33.

But I think 5K was a steal for not only a Tec #33 but one that presents so much better than the number-grade.

Would anyone like to rank all of the Pre-Robin Tecs in order of scarcity? I'll try my best although I'm sure there will be other members with more experience who might be able to provide a more accurate list.

Starting from the most scarce...

Detective Comics #28

Detective Comics #30

Detective Comics #29

Detective Comics #27

Detective Comics #32

Detective Comics #37

Detective Comics #35

Detective Comics #31

Detective Comics #33

Detective Comics #34

Detective Comics #36

file0140.jpg

There general consensus seems to be the opposite; that both Tec #31 and #35 are more scarce than #33.

But I think 5K was a steal for not only a Tec #33 but one that presents so much better than the number-grade.

Would anyone like to rank all of the Pre-Robin Tecs in order of scarcity? I'll try my best although I'm sure there will be other members with more experience who might be able to provide a more accurate list.

Detective Comics #28

Detective Comics #30

Detective Comics #29

Detective Comics #27

Detective Comics #32

Detective Comics #37

Detective Comics #35

Detective Comics #31

Detective Comics #33

Detective Comics #34

Detective Comics #36

I agree w you but i think if you have the money right now and didnt care about resto you could pretty much get almost the whole run with the exeption of a few. It seems to go in phases of different books, maybe this year 20 #35's will be for sale then not a single one again for years (shrug), But i do agree that 28 and 30 you almost never see

ok, keep in mind, that our perception of "scarcity" is based on what we see for sale in the market place (so this list will and does change periodically)...

tec 31 is no more scarcer (in existing numbers) than say tec 30, but tec 31 is in so much more demand, that it appears to be sold/available "less often".... why? because when it is offered, it is generally snatched up quick! a book like tec 30 will often times sit for weeks or months unsold... and actually, tec 34 is a "tougher" non bat cover to locate than tec 30 (been far more copies of 30 in the market recently over the past 5-8 years than 34, for example)...

so, my "scarce to common" scale is based on what is available in the market over time, and "how long" it is available in the market

toughest: 28

next is 29...rarely offered, and when it is, gone in a hearbeat!

next is 35...rarely offered, and when it is, gone in less than 2 heartbeats

next is 34...actually the toughest non bat cover, but not a lot of demand except from run builders

next is 30...2nd toughest non bat cover

next is 31...simply too much demand relative to supply...but trust me, there are a LOT of existing copies

next is 27...seems to be available as much (maybe a tad bit more) than 31

next is 36

next is 37

next is 33...the most available batman cover pre robin tec...

last is tec 32, always seems to be copies available

file0140.jpg

Detective Comics #28

Detective Comics #30

Detective Comics #29

Detective Comics #27

Detective Comics #32

Detective Comics #37

Detective Comics #35

Detective Comics #31

Detective Comics #33

Detective Comics #34

Detective Comics #36

I agree w you but i think if you have the money right now and didnt care about resto you could pretty much get almost the whole run with the exeption of a few. It seems to go in phases of different books, maybe this year 20 #35's will be for sale then not a single one again for years (shrug), But i do agree that 28 and 30 you almost never see

Tec #35 seems to have been the "hot" issue for a while now. To the point in which the FMV seems to be either above or equal to Tec #33 despite the fact that Tec #33 is about 3X as valuable according to the guide.

Eventually a number of those Tec #35's will be held onto and another book might become the next "hot" Tec. I feel that Tec #33 is due. You rarely see unrestored copies offered for sale and it has yet to see the same explosion that some other Pre-Robin Tecs have.

It's the second most imporant issue in the run and will have its day eventually. :cloud9: