• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

Tec 28 8.5

Tec 29 3.5

Tec 30 7.0

Tec 31 4.5

Tec 32 3.5

Tec 33 1.5

Tec 34 2.5

Tec 35 3.0

Tec 36 4.5

Tec 38 4.0

All in ComicConnect's upcoming auction :ohnoez:

Wow.....the pre-Robin Tec's seems to be one of CC's specialties as they seem to have them in almost every single one of their auctions.

Any idea when this next auction is approximately going to be? hm

Tec 28 8.5

Tec 29 3.5

Tec 30 7.0

Tec 31 4.5

Tec 32 3.5

Tec 33 1.5

Tec 34 2.5

Tec 35 3.0

Tec 36 4.5

Tec 38 4.0

Wow.....the pre-Robin Tec's seems to be one of CC's specialties as they seem to have them in almost every single one of their auctions.

Any idea when this next auction is approximately going to be? hm

I am assuming it will start in December 2016 and end around May 2017 :insane:

Tec 28 8.5

Tec 29 3.5

Tec 30 7.0

Tec 31 4.5

Tec 32 3.5

Tec 33 1.5

Tec 34 2.5

Tec 35 3.0

Tec 36 4.5

Tec 38 4.0

Several of these books have tape on the interior cover and centerfold, this wiuld concern me as it may be covering splits or detached pieces....

James G

Yeah same.. I'm sure the tape pieces were placed there to cover up what James mentioned above. I needed a few issues too from that set.

Are the grades dates from before CGC changed their policy? If so those books are hot potatoes.

Tec 28 8.5

Tec 29 3.5

Tec 30 7.0

Tec 31 4.5

Tec 32 3.5

Tec 33 1.5

Tec 34 2.5

Tec 35 3.0

Tec 36 4.5

Tec 38 4.0

Several of these books have tape on the interior cover and centerfold, this wiuld concern me as it may be covering splits or detached pieces....

James G

Yeah same.. I'm sure the tape pieces were placed there to cover up what James mentioned above. I needed a few issues too from that set.

Are the grades dates from before CGC changed their policy? If so those books are hot potatoes.

Most of those books are of a low enough grade where the presence of some tape wouldn't further impact the grade regardless.

Those books will do just fine when they come up. (thumbs u

-J.

Tec 28 8.5

Tec 29 3.5

Tec 30 7.0

Tec 31 4.5

Tec 32 3.5

Tec 33 1.5

Tec 34 2.5

Tec 35 3.0

Tec 36 4.5

Tec 38 4.0

James G

Most of those books are of a low enough grade where the presence of some tape wouldn't further impact the grade regardless.

Those books will do just fine when they come up. (thumbs u

-J.

If under the old rules the cover or centerfold was reattached with tape under the new rules the grade will go down.

How do you know that?

Tec 28 blue label 8.5? Seriously...?

OMG. That will be one to watch.

Please stop watching :makepoint:

Kidney sold ! Ready to bid !

before you decide to strip yourself of vital organs, please dont overlook the following crucial feature in #28

BATMAN DOES NOT APPEAR ON THE COVER !

Tec 28 blue label 8.5? Seriously...?

OMG. That will be one to watch.

Please stop watching :makepoint:

Kidney sold ! Ready to bid !

before you decide to strip yourself of vital organs, please dont overlook the following crucial feature in #28

BATMAN DOES NOT APPEAR ON THE COVER !

Oh crud. I never knowtised that before. Hope I can get my kidney back

How do you know that?

I spoke with one of the head graders about it in depth when CGC first modified their policy.

The only real difference now is that tape won't improve the grade. The book is graded as if the tape is not present (as you know).

But sometimes the tape serves no actual purpose. And books as high as a 4.0 can have detached covers/centerfold. So even if a book is a 3.0 with "tape reattaching the cover "even if CGC ignores the tape and counts the cover as detached, the book can still be a 3.0 since that defect is allowed in that low of a grade.

-J.

I know how it works.

My point is that if the tape serves a purpose and the books are regraded they would be graded as though the tape wasn't there.

And my 'how do you know' comment was in relation to the grades not being affected, not what the actual grading rules are.

Meaning, you'd have to have seen and inspected these books to know whether or not the grades would be affected by the new rules.