• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

Looks like Metro just listed a Tec 31 5.0 and a Tec 33 8.0 :o(worship)

Metro Tec 31 5.0 copy has a BIN of 110K. The 33 8.0 has a BIN of 150K.

Do you have a link for these 2 books? hm

It looks like my Search skills on the internet leaves a lot to be desired. :boo:

Scan for the 31 is up.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=684745

my old copy.

A 1.5 Tec #33 was barely obtainable (if at all) for $10K two years ago. I know because I passed on one for more and regretted it.

Damn you, buyer of the Tec #33! :mad:

:headbang:

I have a similar thing happen to me that I let get away a few years back when a guy had a Tec 33 on eBay and was begging and hinting of an off ebay transaction. I smelled scam and passed. It now resides in Jdogs collection as he had the balls to go for it. It was a great price at the time.

A 1.5 Tec #33 was barely obtainable (if at all) for $10K two years ago. I know because I passed on one for more and regretted it.

Damn you, buyer of the Tec #33! :mad:

:headbang:

I have a similar thing happen to me that I let get away a few years back when a guy had a Tec 33 on eBay and was begging and hinting of an off ebay transaction. I smelled scam and passed. It now resides in Jdogs collection as he had the balls to go for it. It was a great price at the time.

Fortune favours the bold, but a fool and his money are soon parted. :insane:

I'm thankful the coin came up my way that time. :cloud9: And look at that pre-Robin paradise you've created in your sig line since. (worship)

-J.

All those great #1s you got in the Sig line and you show the newer spides hm

Spanning different eras dude.

I get the point. Wish i could have an eye for those books instead of Tecs 27 to 39 to make me happy :frustrated:

All those great #1s you got in the Sig line and you show the newer spides hm

Spanning different eras dude.

I get the point. Wish i could have an eye for those books instead of Tecs 27 to 39 to make me happy :frustrated:

You can buy my 39 if you like.

Never thought I would join the club especially with this book, but here we go... detective comics 35, one of the best batman covers ever done! This copy was originally purchased raw at a con in '86 and slabbed 2 years ago. I believe it hasn't been shown to the public until now. The book presents beautifully, no tape, no stains, no pen or other markings. I think it got hit a bit harsh with the grade even with the BP but the good thing is that its very slight CT and tear seals, which can be removed. Regardless, I am very happy to own this piece of history especially after seeing how well the raw .5 (missing back) on heritage did.

Thanks for looking :)

20161115_223410_zpseoi5zmuu.jpg

20161115_183630_zpskdbuyxqx.jpg

The book presents beautifully, no tape, no stains, no pen or other markings. I think it got hit a bit harsh with the grade even with the BP but the good thing is that its very slight CT and tear seals, which can be removed. Regardless, I am very happy to own this piece of history especially after seeing how well the raw .5 (missing back) on heritage did.

Yes, the book definitely looks better than the grade which it was given. Do you have access to the grader's notes to see why it graded so low? hm

I have certainly seen much worse looking books with higher grades than this. ???

Never thought I would join the club especially with this book, but here we go... detective comics 35, one of the best batman covers ever done! This copy was originally purchased raw at a con in '86 and slabbed 2 years ago. I believe it hasn't been shown to the public until now. The book presents beautifully, no tape, no stains, no pen or other markings. I think it got hit a bit harsh with the grade even with the BP but the good thing is that its very slight CT and tear seals, which can be removed. Regardless, I am very happy to own this piece of history especially after seeing how well the raw .5 (missing back) on heritage did.

Thanks for looking :)

20161115_223410_zpseoi5zmuu.jpg

20161115_183630_zpskdbuyxqx.jpg

Nice ! Congrats (thumbs u