• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 80's books.
9 9

1,000 posts in this topic

this island bradman dc 1988 is the rarest 1980s comic - maybe 4 known copies...

Considering that there are 3 slabbed copies of this book, FD's statements of "less than 10 known copies" seems more realistic :thumbsup:

You should check out the earlier part of this thread - there are several books rarer than this one ...

Really just looking for another excuse to post my new babies, so here's a pic of my set of Gobbledygook #1 and #2 along with the yellow counterfeit version of #2 (not sure the print run on these...or if counterfeits even count). I'm hoping to find a counterfeit #1 to complete the set.

th_Gobbledygook2Counterfeit.jpgth_Gobbledygook1.jpgth_Gobbledygook2.jpg

Really just looking for another excuse to post my new babies, so here's a pic of my set of Gobbledygook #1 and #2 along with the yellow counterfeit version of #2 (not sure the print run on these...or if counterfeits even count). I'm hoping to find a counterfeit #1 to complete the set.

th_Gobbledygook2Counterfeit.jpgth_Gobbledygook1.jpgth_Gobbledygook2.jpg

I can make you o....er, find one for you, no problem....

:whistle:

These get my vote. Took forever to find the Pan and the Pooh was just by chance as no one thought it existed. Only ever found 2 Pooh 32 and 1 Pan, and I looked for years. 75 cent Canadian Variants of the last Whitman Issues=Tough set to complete

103313.jpg.fb9562cb67333a0cf75c8ac48cc454dc.jpg

103314.jpg.a5663a01bbef34fb7f1c0413fc75fbb1.jpg

It took years but I finally found another one of my grails. From the 1st Elflord Series (Nightwynd) the elusive Windblade #1. This might be the first time anyone has ever seen a copy.

Windblade #1

scan0168.jpgscan0169.jpg

Can you tell me more about this? # of copies printed? Worth anything?

I am 100% certain I had a copy. I am 99% certain that I still own it. I always wondered about it, as it was not listed in overstreet and as I liked barry blair /elflord. Truth be told in the old days before forums I thought v2 elflord was v1. didn't realize v1 was mag sized.

When I saw the windblade I had a "WTF is this??" moment and figured it had to be worth the $3 the guy was asking

It took years but I finally found another one of my grails. From the 1st Elflord Series (Nightwynd) the elusive Windblade #1. This might be the first time anyone has ever seen a copy.

Windblade #1

scan0168.jpgscan0169.jpg

Can you tell me more about this? Worth anything?

I am 100% certain I had a copy. I am 99% certain that I still own it. I always wondered about it, as it was not listed in overstreet and as I liked barry blair /elflord. Truth be told in the old days before forums I thought v2 elflord was v1. didn't realize v1 was mag sized.

WINDBLADE #1 (Nightwynd Publ. / Arkum Books 1982) B&W Magazine Size with 32 pages

- BARRY BLAIR story, cover & art

Here is a link to a website with some info on the 1st series of Elflord. Click on pic for issue information and story.

ELFLORD

I don't know to much about Windblade #1 as there is very little information on it. When I get a chance to read it I should have more information on it. As for value, I wouldn't have a clue. But Doug Sulipa once had it on his website for $125 in VF.

Windblade #1

scan0168.jpgscan0169.jpg

Very cool! :applause: I've never seen one either.

Windblade #1

scan0168.jpgscan0169.jpg

Can you tell me more about this? # of copies printed? Worth anything?

When I saw the windblade I had a "WTF is this??" moment and figured it had to be worth the $3 the guy was asking

hm

Yep ;)

If anyone is seriously interested pm me. I should be able to confirm ownership by the weekend and well, with other purchases going on I could use a sale or three to take the edge off the financial obligations.

These get my vote. Took forever to find the Pan and the Pooh was just by chance as no one thought it existed. Only ever found 2 Pooh 32 and 1 Pan, and I looked for years. 75 cent Canadian Variants of the last Whitman Issues=Tough set to complete

You know I am surprised at how well Winnie the Pooh,Pink Panther as well as Scooby Doo sell in lots, they definately are some hardcore fans out there. (thumbs u

I just saw a copy of that Windblade at FanExpo and wondered what it was. I did not get close to it to check price either, but I remember it clearly as it was something I had not seen before!

That is where I bought it. The dealer told me he also had an Elflord #1 and someone bought it a few hours before I came. I guess the other collector didn't realize that they were connected.