• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 80's books.
9 9

1,000 posts in this topic

of course they were done on purpose. expressly for the nyc con.

that doesn't mean the coloring might not have been an error.

say they are sold out of regular #3s and want to bring some to the convention. they get another 500 made for the con, on which the coloring is botched (shrug)

you're right in that asking the source would clear this up!

of course they were done on purpose. expressly for the nyc con.

that doesn't mean the coloring might not have been an error.

say they are sold out of regular #3s and want to bring some to the convention. they get another 500 made for the con, on which the coloring is botched (shrug)

you're right in that asking the source would clear this up!

I'm not disputing that they could have been some type of error, that were later used. I'm just saying I don't *believe* they are. I believe that they were intentional from the start, with no error at any point of their genesis. Someone call up Peter Laird, he'd know. :)

Ok. Here's what I've found so far this week....

40429_125160660863528_100001087832702_142194_628570_n.jpg40059_125160690863525_100001087832702_142195_4610695_n.jpg40415_125160710863523_100001087832702_142196_5178056_n.jpg

I used to have at least 20-25 or so nice copies of that Albedo 3. I paid for a lot of chinese and sushi delivery hitting "re-list" on my ebay auctions after each one sold.

Okay, so since the idea has been floated that none of the Star Comics line deserves to be even mentioned in this thread, who has a high grade run of all the Star titles?

I was going my Star books this weekend, finally sorting and itemizing everything I've picked up over the last year or so, I realized how quite a few were really the only copies I've run across in the several years I've been collecting (and getting a true "NM" copy was a true exception to the rule).

btw, if there isn't one already - we do need a Star Comics collecting thread

Aren't the NYCC #3's signed too?

no

true, not all were but some. Theres one on ebay right now for a Buy it Now of $399. I know he will take $300 personally, which is an average price for this book. If anyone buys it, tell him Don sent you!

Okay, so since the idea has been floated that none of the Star Comics line deserves to be even mentioned in this thread, who has a high grade run of all the Star titles?

I was going my Star books this weekend, finally sorting and itemizing everything I've picked up over the last year or so, I realized how quite a few were really the only copies I've run across in the several years I've been collecting (and getting a true "NM" copy was a true exception to the rule).

I did a search for "Star" going back four years in the Copper Forum...nada....

So, I guess that means we're free to start one. :banana:

:gossip: that's your cue, Gaute... :)

I also have two of the four amythest variants (there are both direct and newsstand 35 cent variants)

I saw a Amethyst 35 cent variant at the Steel City show this past weekend. It wasn't for sale.

:gossip: that's your cue, Gaute... :)

:acclaim: