• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 90's books.
7 7

1,246 posts in this topic

Zelda #1 with no price :shrug: , didn't take a pic before packing it up. :sorry:

Jim

What are you asking about the Zelda 1 no-price?

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/ckb42/CGC%20Registry/Valiant/The%20Legend%20of%20Zelda/LegendofZelda1nopriceCGC94-1.jpg

They were created for and used as the top book in multi-packs. There are certainly less of them than the version with the cover price but Valiant printed a lot of Nintendo books. Many were sold into the non-comic marketplace so despite the print runs finding sharp copies can be tougher than you would expect.

There is a Captain N #1 no-price that was used for the same purpose. There is also a Super Mario 3 no-price with a Random House logo that was blister packed with a cassette. That book turns up sometimes but the thing still in the blister pack with the cassette does not.

Edited by ckb

Here's a closer view...

photo XOAELARGE_zpsafe1421c.jpg

How 'bout instead of sullying a thread of ultra-rare, impossible-to-find books, you take these common error books somewhere else...

So.... what your trying to say is... being that this error book is common, I can assume you have one in your collection. How am I tarnishing this thread. I'm presenting comic book related information to share and also to learn about. Thats what I feel this site is for. If you don't like what I upload to share you have every right to ignore my posts. I don't come on here to impress what I own, I search this site to learn about books I never knew existed. :foryou:

Maybe if you spent 30 seconds doing some research, you'd realize this book is blatantly common.

Sure I could ignore your posts, but then if every random clown posted books like these, this wouldn't be a thread containing information.

New posters to the boards are looking for information. You, azzhat, are the clown.

Newb, maybe. But a life prevents me from posting 20,000 times....

Life has kept me from hitting 50k posts.

Hey all, and thanks for your supporting replies...

For those that follow this thread with vigorous interest: I am happy to tell you that I am slowly regaining my collection that has cost me so much blood, sweat and tears over the years; but at the same time gave me an immense pleasure.

As such, I am now able to show you even more of my collection that -even though the books in themselves may not be the rarest of all- are hardly seen together in one place.

Unless I am mistaken of course...

After all, I am -or was- just a simple collector from abroad....

Anyhow, and without further ado, here you will find some other gems of what used to be my pride & joy.

And yes, painful as it may seem, all are for sale now as I am making a new start in life, on the other side of the world.

(*Dealer offers are NOT welcomed! It took me years and years and a lot of joy & effort to get them together so please, let them end up where they belong...*)

I have made screenshots of what I have put online on my own webserver waaaay before I will put them on eBay, so if you see your missing or loved ones, then please get in touch...

So far, YOU (the members of this forum!) are the only ones to see them, rare or not, from MY collection.

(And remember: these are just a FEW!!!!)

-= Please click on the links to get a link to the more hi-rez scans.... =-

OK, without further ado:

Marvel:

Screenshot.jpg

The page link:

Marvel

Image:

Screenshot.jpg

The Page link:

http://http://www.luis-royo-gallery.com/ebay/Image/index.html

Some others:

Screenshot.jpg

The Page link:

http://www.luis-royo-gallery.com/ebay/Others/index.html

As they say: "That's it for now folks!"

:)

Going out to enjoy the crowning of our new king.

Hope to hear from you soon...

All the best & even better,

Peter

(Lasher33)

PS.... No doubt more to follow, but when?

Spoon I hope

PPS If anyone from Asia would like to get in touch, PLEASE do so!!

Here's a closer view...

photo XOAELARGE_zpsafe1421c.jpg

How 'bout instead of sullying a thread of ultra-rare, impossible-to-find books, you take these common error books somewhere else...

So.... what your trying to say is... being that this error book is common, I can assume you have one in your collection. How am I tarnishing this thread. I'm presenting comic book related information to share and also to learn about. Thats what I feel this site is for. If you don't like what I upload to share you have every right to ignore my posts. I don't come on here to impress what I own, I search this site to learn about books I never knew existed. :foryou:

Maybe if you spent 30 seconds doing some research, you'd realize this book is blatantly common.

Sure I could ignore your posts, but then if every random clown posted books like these, this wouldn't be a thread containing information.

New posters to the boards are looking for information. You, azzhat, are the clown.

Newb, maybe. But a life prevents me from posting 20,000 times....

db2680ea.jpg

If it is not 90's sorry,but it is sweet and not common.

Not sure how rare it is. I have a copy.

Tor Love Betty #1 (Eros Comics)

001_Tor_Love_Betty_zps157d70b8.png

DG

Yep, I have a copy of Tor Love Betty also, never seen any of those promos, they probably didnt make it over to the UK :(

I looked for this around the time it should have come out and had no luck. Years later it was given to me as a gift.

Valiant promo comic...

nn_Cheesasaurus_Rex_535px.png

DG

Those other books are more rare, for sure. I think this was the first ever Valiant made book; other books to find that are quite rare are the variants of the Nintendo Hardcovers.

Also, the 4 TPB books are pretty tough to find, and good buys anywhere south of $20: "Mario Special Powers", "Koopa Kids", "Battle against Bowser" and "Tantaga Invades Earth".

If you can find them in high grade, jump on them, they basically don't exist!