• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 90's books.
7 7

1,246 posts in this topic

Buying American books at any price is as easy as clicking the buy it now button

hm

hm hm

with 3 hm 's I guess you are thinking about what im saying :)

Case in point, I have been offered a ASM129 CGC 9.8 for $7500 and I know 2 more are for sale. Given, there are ONLY 60 total to exist in the Census...therefore quite easy...

But, go find a Greek or Brazilian 129 for any price....

The hunt is why we collect the foreigns because they are challlenging where as the US versions prove to be no more than high end call girls for the right price (thumbs u

Buying American books at any price is as easy as clicking the buy it now button

hm

hm hm

with 3 hm 's I guess you are thinking about what im saying :)

Case in point, I have been offered a ASM129 CGC 9.8 for $7500 and I know 2 more are for sale. Given, there are ONLY 60 total to exist in the Census...therefore quite easy...

But, go find a Greek or Brazilian 129 for any price....

The hunt is why we collect the foreigns because they are challlenging where as the US versions prove to be no more than high end call girls for the right price (thumbs u

hm

hm hm

6652b74a.jpg

1298910809.jpg

Evil20Ernie20monthly20120Octagon20Edition20Small.jpg

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4204428&nt=44&fpart=1

meh

meh

I applaud your obsession and I hope I never get one like that.

Are we referring to how many threads he hit with this same posting or how many different issues he has. :baiting:

Are we referring to how many threads he hit with this same posting or how many different issues he has. :baiting:

Probably both RJRJR!

But if we do not consider "artificially induced rarity" (due to a deliberate very limited print run) which 1990s books could be considered actually "rare"? I think none, except things which began as limited print run ventures which eventually turned commercially succesful.

But if we do not consider "artificially induced rarity" (due to a deliberate very limited print run) which 1990s books could be considered actually "rare"? I think none, except things which began as limited print run ventures which eventually turned commercially succesful.

It all depends on the definition of rare. If rare is less than 200 copies known to exist (Gerber scale 6 - 10), I would guess no copper age book that was distributed through normal means (Diamond, Capital) and did not have artificially induced rarity would qualify. I can imagine there are some underground comics however that maybe were distributed outside of these channels that might qualify.

Isn't there a chart that defined comic book scarcity that isn't the Gerber Scarcity Index?

Edited by rjrjr

Arabic and Australian versions of Batman 227...

Zero on the CGC Census and we have not seen any but we know they exist

Now those are rare....

Copper age? (shrug)

no those are Bronze. But i know a few crazy Coppers.

The Denmark version of Amazing Spiderman 129 (1993) is insane rare. Only one person has it and i have been looking for almost a year with a $100 offer to dealers with no luck..

Imnot sure of hard to find domestic Copper or Modern books...

But i would assume you can find anything Domestic

If you can find Amazing Fantasy #15 then you can find anything right????????

+1

DG

I have set out to do what has never been done. Buying American books at any price is as easy as clicking the buy it now button

I am proud to say I have shown Neal Adams books to sign he drew that he has never seen.

Don't get me wrong. I've always liked foreign comics. It's McFarlane and that Spider-man #1 cover that I can't stand. Not wild about Punisher either.

DG

I probably have foreign keys of the books you like. Haters will hate on McFarlane its all good.

Foreign comics are just novelties to me. Being a key doesn't make me like them more or less unless you go back to comics from the 40's or 50's. After all is said and done, they are still reprints. I actually prefer my comics from India that are not reprints of American content and they are in English so I can read them.

McFarlane is overrated. Simple as that. He draws cartoon-like expressions and bodies contorted into impossible positions. He's overdramatic with the use of capes and costume accessories. I'm not impressed by any of the artists that formed Image. It's not "hate". I'm completely apathetic towards it.

DG

+1

DG

I have set out to do what has never been done. Buying American books at any price is as easy as clicking the buy it now button

I am proud to say I have shown Neal Adams books to sign he drew that he has never seen.

Don't get me wrong. I've always liked foreign comics. It's McFarlane and that Spider-man #1 cover that I can't stand. Not wild about Punisher either.

DG

I probably have foreign keys of the books you like. Haters will hate on McFarlane its all good.

Foreign comics are just novelties to me. Being a key doesn't make me like them more or less unless you go back to comics from the 40's or 50's. After all is said and done, they are still reprints. I actually prefer my comics from India that are not reprints of American content and they are in English so I can read them.

McFarlane is overrated. Simple as that. He draws cartoon-like expressions and bodies contorted into impossible positions. He's overdramatic with the use of capes and costume accessories. I'm not impressed by any of the artists that formed Image. It's not "hate". I'm completely apathetic towards it.

DG

McFarlane is exactly what a comic artist should be.

Dramatic, dynamic, stylistic and fun.

+1

DG

DG

DG

McFarlane is exactly what a comic artist should be.

Dramatic, dynamic, stylistic and fun.

Word. :golfclap:

+1

DG

DG

DG

Funny you mention 40s or 50s, I just bought a Swedish Batman #1 from 1950.

they are novelty for you, but serious collecting for some. To each is their own.

McFarlane may be overrated but here you are still talking about him instead of whoever you think is underrated....

I like the Indian comics I have a few i like those too.

but back to 1990s hard to find books......

...is there a place to find individual monthly sales figures for books from 1991? It doesn't appear to be an option on ComiChron yet. I've googled, but so far, no luck.

No. The closest is the Standard Catalog of Comic Books (SCCB), which reports sales from one distributor at that time (Capital City).

Depending on the publisher, you have to figure out how much market share Capital City had, then multiply to get an approximate total.

(The ComiChron guy is one of the SCCB guys.)

...is there a place to find individual monthly sales figures for books from 1991? It doesn't appear to be an option on ComiChron yet. I've googled, but so far, no luck.

No. The closest is the Standard Catalog of Comic Books (SCCB), which reports sales from one distributor at that time (Capital City).

Depending on the publisher, you have to figure out how much market share Capital City had, then multiply to get an approximate total.

(The ComiChron guy is one of the SCCB guys.)

Got it. Thanks.

I figured I would have to go that route, but thought I would check before I headed down that road.