• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 90's books.
7 7

1,246 posts in this topic

Does anybody have the 1994 JCPenney "Vintage Pack" reprint of this book? I had 2. Sold one and can't find the other. If you do have it, does your copy have a double cover?

IncredibleHulk140variant.jpg

hm Why do you ask did both yours have Double Covers? and yes I do have one.

Does anybody have the 1994 JCPenney "Vintage Pack" reprint of this book? I had 2. Sold one and can't find the other. If you do have it, does your copy have a double cover?

IncredibleHulk140variant.jpg

hm Why do you ask did both yours have Double Covers? and yes I do have one.

The one I sold has double covers. I can't remember if the other copy does as well. Does yours?

I applaud your obsession and I hope I never get one like that.

+1

DG

I have set out to do what has never been done. Buying American books at any price is as easy as clicking the buy it now button

I am proud to say I have shown Neal Adams books to sign he drew that he has never seen.

Don't get me wrong. I've always liked foreign comics. It's McFarlane and that Spider-man #1 cover that I can't stand. Not wild about Punisher either.

DG

I probably have foreign keys of the books you like. Haters will hate on McFarlane its all good.

Foreign comics are just novelties to me. Being a key doesn't make me like them more or less unless you go back to comics from the 40's or 50's. After all is said and done, they are still reprints. I actually prefer my comics from India that are not reprints of American content and they are in English so I can read them.

McFarlane is overrated. Simple as that. He draws cartoon-like expressions and bodies contorted into impossible positions. He's overdramatic with the use of capes and costume accessories. I'm not impressed by any of the artists that formed Image. It's not "hate". I'm completely apathetic towards it.

DG

McFarlane is exactly what a comic artist should be.

Dramatic, dynamic, stylistic and fun.

Indeed. Now if he would just draw some damn comics...............

+1

DG

I have set out to do what has never been done. Buying American books at any price is as easy as clicking the buy it now button

I am proud to say I have shown Neal Adams books to sign he drew that he has never seen.

Don't get me wrong. I've always liked foreign comics. It's McFarlane and that Spider-man #1 cover that I can't stand. Not wild about Punisher either.

DG

I probably have foreign keys of the books you like. Haters will hate on McFarlane its all good.

Foreign comics are just novelties to me. Being a key doesn't make me like them more or less unless you go back to comics from the 40's or 50's. After all is said and done, they are still reprints. I actually prefer my comics from India that are not reprints of American content and they are in English so I can read them.

McFarlane is overrated. Simple as that. He draws cartoon-like expressions and bodies contorted into impossible positions. He's overdramatic with the use of capes and costume accessories. I'm not impressed by any of the artists that formed Image. It's not "hate". I'm completely apathetic towards it.

DG

Funny you mention 40s or 50s, I just bought a Swedish Batman #1 from 1950.

they are novelty for you, but serious collecting for some. To each is their own.

McFarlane may be overrated but here you are still talking about him instead of whoever you think is underrated....

I like the Indian comics I have a few i like those too.

but back to 1990s hard to find books......

Swedish Batman#1 is cool. Of course I'm still talking about McFarlane. You accused me of being a "hater" which simply isn't an accurate assessment. I own some McFarlane comics. I just don't see anything that warrants all the praise he gets.

On the topic of McFarlane... I submit this relatively HTF TPB...

nn_DL_TPB_Spiderman_Torment_copy3_5.png

Evidently, I have three of these now.

DG

+1

DG

DG

DG

they are novelty for you, but serious collecting for some. To each is their own.

McFarlane may be overrated but here you are still talking about him instead of whoever you think is underrated....

Swedish Batman#1 is cool. Of course I'm still talking about McFarlane. You accused me of being a "hater" which simply isn't an accurate assessment. I own some McFarlane comics. I just don't see anything that warrants all the praise he gets.

DG

Since you hate him so much, you should mail one of them to me. (thumbs u

+1

DG

DG

DG

DG

how much do those cost that is pretty cool...

its ok not to like some artists, we all do it.

you have 3 would you be interested in selling one??

Everything is for sell, EXCEPT the Mona Lisa (thumbs u

For the right price every collector swiftly shifts to a seller :banana:

Price might be insane, but there is always a price

About 10% of my books were "not" for sale, yet now they are mine

The hunt is why we collect the foreigns because they are challlenging where as the US versions prove to be no more than high end call girls for the right price [/unquote]

Amen to that...

BUT...

It can also be right the other way around!

I started collecting comic books from the age of 7 (which is now 40 years ago!), ever since my father brought home a couple from a second hand book shop in our neighbourhood.

The first moment I laid eyes on The Amazing Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, The Avengers and The Uncanny X-Men, I was sold.

Mind you, these were all Dutch releases of these unparalelled Silver Age books...

I collected and collected, treasured and preserved them, until the moment came...

that I had them all...

No doubt many of you have felt that black hole, that gap, that feeling of Limbo where the hunt appears to be over...

...and where the only fix is to find a new source of interest, an expansion of your apparent addiction.

In my case, it was diverting to the US comics, of which through the years I acquired more than just a few.

The joy it gave me is known only to my fellow hunters; and it pleases me to no end to find I am amongst kindred spirits here.

I salute you!

Peter

(Lasher33)

+1

DG

DG

DG

DG

Yes and no... but I'm going to say no due to the chaos going on around me. If I change my mind at some point I'll let you know. I was trying to get two set of the Diamond Limited TPB's and couldn't pass up a third one of this when the opportunity came it's way. Price really varies on these because people don't know it exists or even what it is. If I sold it for what I think it's worth and you found one a month later for $15.. you'd be a little irritated. Try to find a better bargain than I'd want to give.

DG

Hoarders never sell :insane:

I sell my extras... I just don't like selling online. It's too much of a pain.

I had 30 Unity 2000 #3 from when they came out and I have maybe one or two now.

DG

I gave away 25000 comics ( drek ) at christmas time, to make some much needed space, I couldnt be bothered to try and sell them, far too much work.

I have actually sold twice on the boards, both my buyers approached me, offered the price and pleaded their case why they wanted the books.

The hunt is why we collect the foreigns because they are challlenging where as the US versions prove to be no more than high end call girls for the right price [/unquote]

Amen to that...

BUT...

It can also be right the other way around!

I started collecting comic books from the age of 7 (which is now 40 years ago!), ever since my father brought home a couple from a second hand book shop in our neighbourhood.

The first moment I laid eyes on The Amazing Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, The Avengers and The Uncanny X-Men, I was sold.

Mind you, these were all Dutch releases of these unparalelled Silver Age books...

I collected and collected, treasured and preserved them, until the moment came...

that I had them all...

No doubt many of you have felt that black hole, that gap, that feeling of Limbo where the hunt appears to be over...

...and where the only fix is to find a new source of interest, an expansion of your apparent addiction.

In my case, it was diverting to the US comics, of which through the years I acquired more than just a few.

The joy it gave me is known only to my fellow hunters; and it pleases me to no end to find I am amongst kindred spirits here.

I salute you!

Peter

(Lasher33)

Great story Peter!!!

Your main collection is Swedish? Do you have Norwegian or Denmark connections?

+1

DG

DG

DG

DG

Yes and no... but I'm going to say no due to the chaos going on around me. If I change my mind at some point I'll let you know. I was trying to get two set of the Diamond Limited TPB's and couldn't pass up a third one of this when the opportunity came it's way. Price really varies on these because people don't know it exists or even what it is. If I sold it for what I think it's worth and you found one a month later for $15.. you'd be a little irritated. Try to find a better bargain than I'd want to give.

DG

no problem i understnad :) being an american book im sure i can locate one or two fairly easy...

Rare books that im willing to pay almost anything are

Batman 227 (Australian)

ASM129 (Denmark)

ASM129 (Colombia)

Hoarders never sell :insane:

I sell my extras... I just don't like selling online. It's too much of a pain.

I had 30 Unity 2000 #3 from when they came out and I have maybe one or two now.

DG

I gave away 25000 comics ( drek ) at christmas time, to make some much needed space, I couldnt be bothered to try and sell them, far too much work.

I have actually sold twice on the boards, both my buyers approached me, offered the price and pleaded their case why they wanted the books.

:ohnoez:

That's more than my collection as a whole!