• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Upon a second viewing I have decided that due to each live person being an individual that there can be some zombies who can attempt things like using rocks to smash glass and climbing fences. Obviously there will be those who will not be able to muster the ability to do so.

Also, I feel like every character aside from Glen and Rick that were in the episode were out of place. All of them seemed kind of like token stereotype characters and sadly also made Glen feel like one as well. You've got a Mexican, a dumb redneck piece of white trash (played well by Michael Rooker), a black man, a black woman, and Glen the Asian.

Lori stating that it was a one time thing in the comics was something I didn't really find believeable in the first place, of course I don't put the on a pedestal like that, I think any real woman who once willingly starts doing a guy in that situation would continue to do so, sure beats gathering mushrooms and mourning your dead husband. So I find the TV version of that relationship a little more believable...but y'know whatever.

Maybe the Zombies that were moving faster had less tissue necrosis involved with the tendons, ligaments and muscle tissue. I mean, WE ALL DO KNOW that when human tissue is deprived of oxygen it decays, and quickly. Since zombies don't breathe and tissue perfusion isn't happening, eventually they will all be crawling, then ultimately unable to get their limbs to function...and we won't even get into the question of how are electric impulses being channeled to control muscles when the flesh has rotted off the bone and there are no nerves, plus they are brain dead (hm this answers to the thread that asked if a zombie scenario could ever happen? )

The scientific impossibility of zombies doesn't keep me from enjoying the show, however

I am not sure I like the Walking Dead show because I am not sure I really like any of the characters. Andrea is my favorite character in the comic so I obviously don't like what they did to her in the tv show. When she asked if it was looting to get the mermaid, I literally sighed in disgust. Why would she even say that? Didn't they already have bags of loot with them? Obviously, Officer Friendly didn't care about the other stuff they took! She sounded retarded.

T-Dog? White trash guy? Stereotype much? Even Glenn (who I probably like the most) seems like a caricature. One minute he is funny and cool. The next minute, he's like short round from the Temple of Doom.

I knew they would deviate from the comic and I wasn't too displeased with that. After all, I thought that the ending to Watchmen was better in the movie so why couldn't Walking Dead actually improve on the comic? I was wrong.

Lori in the comic was a sad figure to me. She loved Rick and made a mistake in a moment of weakness. She probably felt that Rick was dead and that Shane was a protector and she gave in... once. Not this. It is hard to root for Lori and Rick to get back together when she is boning Shane every chance she gets.

I guess that is why I having such a hard time watching with the series. I care about the characters in the comic but not about the ones on screen.

Also, I feel like every character aside from Glen and Rick that were in the episode were out of place. All of them seemed kind of like token stereotype characters and sadly also made Glen feel like one as well. You've got a Mexican, a dumb redneck piece of white trash (played well by Michael Rooker), a black man, a black woman, and Glen the Asian.

I love how people are so quick to throw around derogatory terms regarding white folk...but T-dog is just a 'black man'. He wasn't the shapest stick on the roof either. Modern society... meh

Lori in the comic was a sad figure to me. She loved Rick and made a mistake in a moment of weakness. She probably felt that Rick was dead and that Shane was a protector and she gave in... once. Not this. It is hard to root for Lori and Rick to get back together when she is boning Shane every chance she gets.

I guess that is why I having such a hard time watching with the series. I care about the characters in the comic but not about the ones on screen.

Agreed. That scene in the woods was ridiculous. Looks like a scene from Zombie Love 16...not that I've ever seen a movie like that...just say'n (shrug)

I'm hoping for the character development to really kick in when they get to the camp next episode. :wishluck:

I love how people are so quick to throw around derogatory terms regarding white folk...but T-dog is just a 'black man'. He wasn't the shapest stick on the roof either. Modern society... meh

lol. You do realize that he's being labeled a "dumb redneck piece of white trash" not because he's just white and uneducated, right? His character dropped the n-bomb and was using drugs and overly violent, etc. I haven't heard anyone else refer to another white character that way. And T-Dog (which I think is a stupid name and so far a stereotypical character) didn't do any of those things.

So please get over yourself.

I wanted zombies to attack them when he was sticking it up her poop hole :P Who wonders off alone to have sex in the woods when zombies can strike at any second ... Also I didn't see either of them with a bat or gun or anything!

I care about the characters in the comic but not about the ones on screen.

I feel 100% the same way! (thumbs u

I am going into the rest of the TV show as if I haven't read the comics it will make the show a lot more enjoyable in the long run. :flamed:

I am going into the rest of the TV show as if I haven't read the comics it will make the show a lot more enjoyable in the long run. :flamed:

I feel like I have not read them as is the only thing I can know for sure is who lives & who dies! Anyone new IMO = tv shock fodder for zombies I"m betting the last episode of the season will end with shane pointing his gun at rick aiming to kill him meh calling it now ! & then we know what the shocker will be for the start of next season :roflmao: I"m kind of hoping those dumb rednecks will be in on it with him & the rest of the group will show up & take them out too that would be cool haha but I doubt it

Edited by synch

I am trying but it is hard to unlearn what I have learned.

lol. You do realize that he's being labeled a "dumb redneck piece of white trash" not because he's just white and uneducated, right? His character dropped the n-bomb and was using drugs and overly violent, etc. I haven't heard anyone else refer to another white character that way. And T-Dog (which I think is a stupid name and so far a stereotypical character) didn't do any of those things.

So please get over yourself.

"over myself"? lol! :roflmao:

I am trying but it is hard to unlearn what I have learned.

I know :sorry:

"over myself"? lol! :roflmao:
Um..yeah. Tell me where I'm wrong and how you didn't overreact.
Because if you used an off color term to describe any character who was not white, you would be banned. Test it,I double dog dare you. Drop the N-Bomb and you will be a memory, say dumb white-trash and there will be no reprecussions.

Jasiki Nicole (astrid on fringe )

jasikanicole_150.jpg

twd19.jpg

I twittered kirkman a while back saying that she has my vote for the character lol! Look at her!! All she needs is the sword!

Edited by synch