• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

I loved the first episode, the second was good (even with the additions), I didn't care much for some of episode 3, I liked the scene with Rick and Carl but for the most part I did not like it.

Seriously, Glenn with that car, or Rick wanting to go back to Atlanta just for a bag of guns and a radio. I know they tried to explain the whole radio thing but still...

That's exactly what they did in the comic. :gossip:

In the comic Rick and Glenn went into the city to find a gun store and get supplies.

What I loved about this version in the TV show was the setup that Morgan will probably be back. Going back for the radio to warn and talk to Morgan totally is consistent with the idea that Morgan will replace Tyreese. This was mentioned waaaaaay back by Kirkman as his original plan for the comic.

I love this idea since I think the guy who played Morgan is a fantastic actor.

No Tyrese = Crappy tv show! :sumo:

This sucks for me. My two fav characters completely butchered by the series. Tyrese and Andrea.

That being said, I think episode 3 was my favorite so far. We start to get a feel for what they are going through because of the interactions of the characters. In episode 1, I thought everything was moving so slowly. I mean, it was almost as long as a movie and it didn't take us anywhere. Episode 2 was a little too jarring because of the racist guy and some of the stereotypes. I am suspending disbelief with the zombies but it was hard for me to imagine Cracker Old Dude and Wimpy T-Dog putting themselves in that situation to begin with. While episode 3 had racist guy's bro and Wife-Beater Ed, I think we started to get a lot bigger glimpse into the main characters' personalities (specifically Lori, Shane and Rick).

There has been a ton of talk about the character stereotypes being used.

To me, it's no big deal. It's all going to fade away as the characters develop. It's classic TV strategy to put different characters together at the start and watch them progress.

There was another TV show I really enjoyed that had a white guy whos a Doctor, a black guy with parant issues, a teenage pregnant girl, a drug addict musician, a snobby rich white girl, a fat kid, oh and an Iraq soldier that was a torturer.

LOST did just fine as the story progressed.

I'm just glad we don't have sterotype Zombie characters like Romero did. Football player zombie, doctor zombie, cheerleader zombie, etc...

There was another TV show I really enjoyed that had a white guy whos a Doctor, a black guy with parant issues, a teenage pregnant girl, a drug addict musician, a snobby rich white girl, a fat kid, oh and an Iraq soldier that was a torturer.

I don't remember it being so blatant as this show... I also don't remember the characters from Lost being so one dimensional

I don't remember it being so blatant as this show... I also don't remember the characters from Lost being so one dimensional

lol @ characters being one dimensional when the show is only 3 episodes in, and most characters have had about 5 mins screen time. C'MON MAN!!

lol @ characters being one dimensional when the show is only 3 episodes in, and most characters have had about 5 mins screen time. C'MON MAN!!

One guy yells and screams in the middle of zombieland because he is a racist. It was jarring. The whole time that happened I couldn't believe it. It was too jarring.

Then Ed beats his wife... In front of people? For what? Just because he is a bad guy? Yeah, I call it poor character development. These two incidents were too jarring. Like I said, I can suspend disbelief with the zombies but this took me right out of the story.

3 episodes in and I have a good idea about some of the other characters. Some are one dimensional or stereotypical (like Glenn- aka Short Round) but they are also believable.

Parent issues? I think pretty much all the characters on LOST had parent issues with the possible exception of Desmond, unless you count his father-in-law.

No Tyrese = Crappy tv show! :sumo:

This sucks for me. My two fav characters completely butchered by the series. Tyrese and Andrea.

I'm hoping we see Tyreese by the end of Season 1. I know there's an African American actor that was cast that isn't T-Dog. But I don't think his role was ever disclosed.

They are straight up aggressive in the show. That one used a brick to finally smash through the door in the department store.

okay. i thought that was cool as mess. way more scary than them just leaning on the glass.

They are straight up aggressive in the show. That one used a brick to finally smash through the door in the department store.

I know what you mean, I expect undead hordes clamoring for my flesh, who are strong enough to rip through my skull to be sedate and calm. :insane:

I know what you mean, I expect undead hordes clamoring for my flesh, who are strong enough to rip through my skull to be sedate and calm. :insane:

Im just saying, they were not that aggressive in the comic, if they were those fences at the prison would have come down eventually

Im just saying, they were not that aggressive in the comic, if they were those fences at the prison would have come down eventually

I agree with that, mostly, although prison wall fences and temporary construction fences aren't the same. Also they weren't pushing on a fence portion, they were pushing on the gate, which isn't cemented into the ground.

Darabont mentioned that his zombies weren't Romero slow and they weren't Boyle sprinters, so far he's right on the money. I don't have much of a problem with some being in better shape and thus better mobile or more able to grab a rock, etc.

If Darabont is going to have some of them remembering their way home and turning door knobs I would expect some to move faster or grab rocks, as those are more basic neural functions than finding their way home.