• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

So...

Was Bob actually bitten in the poo-stream?

Was that a 'tear' on the right shoulder of his shirt - a bite or scratch do that?

I'm sure I saw something when he surfaced from the water, but afterwards it was dark so I wasn't sure?

Heres that scene (3:35 into the clip). Tell me that sh*t isnt comical:

You have a fuel gas, the propane, mixing with an oxidizing agent, the oxygen in the atmosphere. The mixture will only explode if 1) an ignition source is introduced and 2) if the mixture exposed to said ignition source is within the lower and upper concentration limits of the fuel gas. Propane has a very low, and narrow, concentration range in which it will explode.

Your best bet to make it explode is to expose the expanding mixture to a steady flame, the bottle rocket, as it has a decent chance of coming into contact with the right mixture of fuel and oxygen to create an explosion. Shooting the actual tank again in the hopes of creating a spark, which isn't likely to begin with when using a lead/copper bullet, would still require the spark to occur in a spot where the right amount of propane and oxygen existed, which would not be close to where the gas was actually leaking from.

For Carol to set off that explosion all she had to do was hit an area the size of a barn with the bottle rocket.

So...

Was that a 'tear' on the right shoulder of his shirt - a bite or scratch do that?

I'm sure I saw something when he surfaced from the water, but afterwards it was dark so I wasn't sure?

Ditto, this is what I was wondering:

I was thinking when he was walking out of the church looking forlorn, he had sustained a bite maybe? Then he is outside crying which made me really believe that is what happened. Anyone know?

So...

I was thinking when he was walking out of the church looking forlorn, he had sustained a bite maybe? Then he is outside crying which made me really believe that is what happened. Anyone know?

I'm assuming that he went outside because he was hurt physically (zombie bite) and emotionally (he knows his death is imminent). He was leaving to protect the group, just like Dale does in the comic book; he doesn't want them to see him suffer, die and possibly turn, thus putting the group in danger. Like Dale in the comic book, Bob is tainted meat! 2c

So...

I'm assuming that he went outside because he was hurt physically (zombie bite) and emotionally (he knows his death is imminent). He was leaving to protect the group, just like Dale does in the comic book; he doesn't want them to see him suffer, die and possibly turn, thus putting the group in danger. Like Dale in the comic book, Bob is tainted meat! 2c

Thanks (thumbs u

So...

I'm not sure why the tainted meat is still an issue. Aren't they all infected already, and will turn when they die. I do believe he was bit, and was crying because of his eventual death.

Chip, don't you have somewhere else to be? I'm sure you haven't cried in the Water Cooler section yet.

Nice comment. Keep hiding behind your second account username, coward.

Peace,

Chip

what's his first account username?

If someone gets bit, they get a fever and die, right?

What if someone eats a zombie or someone that is bitten and going to die?

They don't know what happens - and I don't think anything actually does in the book. Also, the Hunters didn't know that everyone is already infected. Rick and Co. learned that at the CDC. It's just the fear that will overcome them as they realize that he is bit. :ohnoez:

That's the only real significance of "tainted meat." It's a big FU from Dale (now Bob).

Could it be possible that Bob will....

..survive? If his leg was bit, it was cut off by the Hunters. Possible that the virus didn't spread? Kinda like Hershel. Did too much time pass since the bite for this to work?

..survive? If his leg was bit, it was cut off by the Hunters. Possible that the virus didn't spread? Kinda like Hershel. Did too much time pass since the bite for this to work?

I would imagine too much time has passed. What was it - hours from the time he was bit until they were celebrating? When Rick amputated Hershel's leg, it was immediately to prevent the spread into the rest of his body. I think Bob is done for.

I would imagine too much time has passed. What was it - hours from the time he was bit until they were celebrating? When Rick amputated Hershel's leg, it was immediately to prevent the spread into the rest of his body. I think Bob is done for.

Bob doesn't seem much like the type to say FU like Dale does. But you're right who knows what can happen with tainted meat - too bad they aren't vegeterians :baiting:

If the bite was on the legs, wouldn't they have seen it when they cut if off?

why isn't anyone talking about Daryl going after the car? Also I think based on the cross on the back windshield, that they may be the "saviors" group that Negan is leading

Bob doesn't seem much like the type to say FU like Dale does. But you're right who knows what can happen with tainted meat - too bad they aren't vegeterians :baiting:

If the bite was on the legs, wouldn't they have seen it when they cut if off?

why isn't anyone talking about Daryl going after the car? Also I think based on the cross on the back windshield, that they may be the "saviors" group that Negan is leading

Has anyone ever discussed what's going to happen when the show catches up/passes the comic, and what that means for the monthly title?

Has anyone ever discussed what's going to happen when the show catches up/passes the comic, and what that means for the monthly title?

(1) I can see them dragging this season on with the Hunters. At the very end of the season you get introduced to Alexandria via Aaron (who is driving the car with the cross).

(2) Next season focuses on Alexandria. At the end of the season, you have a scene with Jesus watching the group via binoculars.

(3) The following season is all about Alexandria, the Hilltop and the Kingdom and lots of discussion of Negan - who appears in the last episode.

(4) Then finally the next season is All Out War.

Lots of :o moments at the end of the seasons to spark discussion and interest much like they did with Terminus at the end of last season.

That's about 3 or 4 years worth of the comics. I imagine it's going to be a long while before they catch up. 2c

With 12 to 14 issues of the book a year, it will be fairly difficult to catch up as long as they stay roughly at the same pace. The show probably will be around the 80's at the end of this season and the comic will keep adding at the same pace.

16 episodes a year and 13 episodes a year they keep the same rough pace, it's hard to catch up.

So...

I'm not sure why the tainted meat is still an issue. Aren't they all infected already, and will turn when they die. I do believe he was bit, and was crying because of his eventual death.

Only the main group is aware of that

So...

Only the main group is aware of that

Unfortunately, there was no resolution on the issue of eating "tainted meat" in the comic book, because Rick and the gang slaughtered them before there was time to see if they were all going to start turning or not. (shrug)