• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

one of the things that makes walking dead a success is that they have not been afraid to kill people off because if they don't it is just b.s. -- people have to die in that horrible world. he was a good character but it will be easy enough to find another moral compass.

Yup, people have to die...but only if they're supporting characters. No matter how horrible the world, mainstays Rick, Carl, Daryl, and Michonne are virtual untouchables. I doubt any of them will kick the bucket anytime soon, let alone in a random manner like Tyrese.

Unless someone plays hardball renegotiating a contract, then all bets are off.

one of the things that makes walking dead a success is that they have not been afraid to kill people off because if they don't it is just b.s. -- people have to die in that horrible world. he was a good character but it will be easy enough to find another moral compass.

Yup, people have to die...but only if they're supporting characters. No matter how horrible the world, mainstays Rick, Carl, Daryl, and Michonne are virtual untouchables. I doubt any of them will kick the bucket anytime soon, let alone in a random manner like Tyrese.

some more than supporting characters have bit the bullet. dale and hershel probably got as many lines as anyone. andrea. what's his face who rick had to kill...

let alone in a random manner like Tyrese.

---------

that's what makes it believable. this is how people die in a world like this. not drama time like beth or the governor or many other characters. you don't pay attention for 2 seconds, get snuck up on and get bit. like in war where some sniper takes your head off when you pop your head out of a trench to take a look or you step on some boobytrap.

some more than supporting characters have bit the bullet. dale and hershel probably got as many lines as anyone. andrea. what's his face who rick had to kill...

You really think Rick, Carl, Daryl, or Michonne are in the same death lottery as the others? We all play "Who's Going To Get It Next" in our heads when we watch the show...has anyone ever seriously considered those four? Hey, maybe the show will surprise me...but I wouldn't bet on it.

---------

that's what makes it believable. this is how people die in a world like this. not drama time like beth or the governor or many other characters. you don't pay attention for 2 seconds, get snuck up on and get bit. like in war where some sniper takes your head off when you pop your head out of a trench to take a look or you step on some boobytrap.

You missed my point.

I have no problem with characters going out like this. However, if/when it's time for Rick or Daryl or Michonne to say bye-bye...I doubt it will be like how Tyrese went.

Will it still be believable then?

It was a very dull episode with virtually nothing happening. Good news though: No more Tyreese! :banana:

His character was so boring and dimwitted. Every time he appeared with his witless look of deep worry and bafflement my attention would start to drift. The show will be more dynamic without him slowing it down.

This being my unabashed personal opinion, naturally :)

I've gotta say, it's been really hard for me to reconcile some of the character deaths who weren't represented as well as they were in the comic. Beth's death to my wife was brutal. I didn't even flinch. Andrea dying to me was tough, but that plot made it feel necessary. Tyrese dyin though? Man, I was pretty bummed. It just never felt like I had the same connection with him on TV that I had with the comic. Again, wife was super bummed when he went, but me? I felt like it wasn't as justified as it was in the comic.

It was done very well, but to me, he had a ton of gas left in the tank on the show, and I just wasn't emotionally invested in his plot like I was in the comic.

You really think Rick, Carl, Daryl, or Michonne are in the same death lottery as the others? We all play "Who's Going To Get It Next" in our heads when we watch the show...has anyone ever seriously considered those four? Hey, maybe the show will surprise me...but I wouldn't bet on it.

carl could easily go and i think a lot of fans are tired of rick. no, the other people i listed are not as "important" to the plot, but they had a lot of lines. a lot of women watch the show for daryl, so AMC doesn't want to get rid of that. i wonder if a lot of extra asian americans watch the show because of glenn given the lack of jobs for asian men on TV shows? an african american woman at my office basically said she'd stop watching if michonne died... (I don't know whether she is representative of anything other than her own views given that she is a secret undercover comic nerd in a high supervisory position here...her secret is safe with me)

Edited by the blob

---------

You missed my point.

I have no problem with characters going out like this. However, if/when it's time for Rick or Daryl or Michonne to say bye-bye...I doubt it will be like how Tyrese went.

Will it still be believable then?

well, if any of them die they will drag it out for 3 episodes.

that's HOW tyrese had to go. as we've seen before, if the man is paying attention he can basically take out an army of zombies with his bare hands. if a human were to kill him they'd need to do it with a perfect head shot from a high calibre gun, a .22 would just bounce off. the man is luke cage and the thing all in one!