• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

I enjoyed the episode last night because it showed how desperate they are. It showed how low and on the edge they all are right now and the fragile state they are in.

It had some boring moments but I still liked it

I don't know what people are going to expect from this show right now. The arcs "Life among them" and "Too Far Gone" are continuation and setup for "No way Out", then this is followed by similarly slow arcs like "We Find Ourselves" and "A larger World" (although "A Larger World" has some interesting stuff and isn't really that slow) to set up "Something to Fear".

Without a lot of filler you don't have a similar build up, so I think it's likely we will see some of the slow burn along with the show doing its own thing for a while. Have a re-read of the aforementioned arcs, it's hard to see how it will make for an exciting show unless they whip through the slow bits to get to the other arcs.

It was great because, like you said, it was dismal. (thumbs u

Sorry, big fan here, but this episode was very dismal, to the point of being boring. Nothing exciting, nothing to take away and remember.

45 minutes of being transported back to season 2 - and 2 minutes of "Aaron" to get the fanboys in a Negan Jizz-splatter.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

We all gather at home to watch TWD - this was easily voted in the bottom 3 episodes of the lot by us all.

It's raining! Lets go to a barn and forget about collecting water! Even though the barn was full of urns and buckets

A miracle cyclone impaled 100% of the Zombies

The barn was the exact same one Rick met the Gov in.

Just a boring tedious episode.

Alexandria here we come (at the end of the last episode of season 5).

meh

Maybe all of you can take a vote and stop watching. (thumbs u

lol

Sorry, big fan here, but this episode was very dismal, to the point of being boring. Nothing exciting, nothing to take away and remember.

45 minutes of being transported back to season 2 - and 2 minutes of "Aaron" to get the fanboys in a Negan Jizz-splatter.

We all gather at home to watch TWD - this was easily voted in the bottom 3 episodes of the lot by us all.

It's raining! Lets go to a barn and forget about collecting water! Even though the barn was full of urns and buckets

meh

I actually preferred this episode to last week's episode…I'm not into the 'dream sequence' things…but it was cool to see the Gov again.

A couple of things to point out (just for fun)

The rain isn't what drove them in the barn, it was the terrible thunder and freaky looking storm clouds…but I will agree with you that they could have stuck a bucket or two outside.

The barn was not even close-looking to the one from meeting the governor…the fact that they are both barns is the only similar thing I could notice (next to the hay).

The cyclone occurring is about as believable as the fact that zombies are walking around…it's suspension of disbelief. We're not looking for realism here…we're looking to be entertained :) I did think the herd of zombies in the rain outside the barn door was a pretty cool visual, though!

It may have been a slow-moving episode, but isn't that what life would be like in a situation like they are currently in (in the show)? Lack of food, struggle for survival, and whatnot? It's probably one of the more realistic episodes (aside from the whole zombie apocalypse thing). 2c

meh

I actually preferred this episode to last week's episode…I'm not into the 'dream sequence' things…but it was cool to see the Gov again.

A couple of things to point out (just for fun)

The rain isn't what drove them in the barn, it was the terrible thunder and freaky looking storm clouds…but I will agree with you that they could have stuck a bucket or two outside.

The barn was not even close-looking to the one from meeting the governor…the fact that they are both barns is the only similar thing I could notice (next to the hay).

The cyclone occurring is about as believable as the fact that zombies are walking around…it's suspension of disbelief. We're not looking for realism here…we're looking to be entertained :) I did think the herd of zombies in the rain outside the barn door was a pretty cool visual, though!

It may have been a slow-moving episode, but isn't that what life would be like in a situation like they are currently in (in the show)? Lack of food, struggle for survival, and whatnot? It's probably one of the more realistic episodes (aside from the whole zombie apocalypse thing). 2c

I agree, I personally loved to see the struggle and enjoyed the pace.

Last night's episode was on the lighter side regarding action sequences, but that's ok. I'm not expecting mindless action all the time, for that I'll pop in a blu-ray of The Expendables and call it a day.

I want to see these types of episodes, because they build on the characters' psyches and allow me, the viewer, to be more vested in and care more for each character because I see their human side and psychological struggles as much as the physical ones. I felt for Maggie, Sasha and Darryl and I also felt bad that they were all struggling to find water.

To me this episode was as much as about how they each were dealing with love loss/death as well as dealing with the lack of drinking water. Each character had a need for sustenance, spiritual and/or physical and Ramsey did a good job with the somber tones throughout. I really enjoyed the episode, and my favorite scenes were Maggie calling out Gabriel and shutting him down. The second was Rick and co. on the road just moseying along with the zombies behind them, because they all looked like the walking dead!

insp_expendability.jpg

If Ensign Ricky died, viewers wouldn't care. :whatev:

If Kirk, Spock or McCoy died - :o:ohnoez:

Why? Character development. You know, love and care for them. Ensign Ricky was a character with no story or background. Just another casualty. If you didn't have these "boring" episodes developing the characters and humanizing them, they'd all just be Ricky's and the show wouldnt last.

Can't have action and fighting hordes of zombies week in and week out. If that happened:

:news: The Walking Dead was not picked up for another season. :news:

I don't watch it every week because I find it total and utterly mind numbingly boring, last night's episode was a complete snooze fest. Never mind the ridiculousness of the "HEY it's raining, yay we have water! Oh it's raining, we'll get wet, lets find shelter" scene. Gimme a friggin break.

They better fast track Negan. Wake me when he's casted

I don't watch it every week because I find it total and utterly mind numbingly boring, last night's episode was a complete snooze fest. Never mind the ridiculousness of the "HEY it's raining, yay we have water! Oh it's raining, we'll get wet, lets find shelter" scene. Gimme a friggin break.

They better fast track Negan. Wake me when he's casted

lol

Might I suggest something more "action packed" that may be right up your alley? (thumbs u

And a double lol for thinking they took shelter because they were getting wet. lol lol

And a double lol for thinking they took shelter because they were getting wet. lol lol

rainy_cloud.gif

I assumed they put things out to collect some water just like I assume they go to the bathroom from time to time. People complain the show is boring but want 15 minutes of cleaning out cans and placing them outside for water storage.