• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Odd. Very odd.

The second half of this season is make or break for TWD TV show - and it's spin-off.

It has to be way too early for the saviours. Doesn't it?

Yeah, the show hasn't made it yet. Really struggling for viewers to justify AMC keeping it on the air.

I obviously didn't mean to keep it on the air.

But for an episode so highly touted (see other TWD TV thread) then I felt a predictable death (other TV show for actor) and a drawn out dream sequence (with Beth bloody singing again doh! ) wasn't what I was expecting from the blurb.

You can't go straight into Negan otherwise the show becomes a continuous cycle of Rick and Co vs Badguys.

Lets have the rest of the series concentrating on the Zombie threat. Michonne seems to want to settle - lets have a Rourkes drift type season ending, rather than straight to Alexandria and another Governor/Terminus/Negan circle.

Maybe I should have made my point a little better.

Should't this thread be in the "Movie, TV, and Video Game forum? :devil:

Make it happen Mods.

Please No.............. Its just fine where its at.

Comic General has a Walking Dead TV thread in their Sub Forum.

We like living in the better part of town :)

We don't want to move :cry:

EDIT: Then what would be next.......to move the Water Cooler Walking Dead T.V. Thread there too?

I always hear about Walking Dead breaking these viewership records. Is it because they replay the show like 4 times a night? If it was just one and done like most every other show on television would the numbers be the same?

I believe the records are for the airing of the show at the 9-10 time slot. The ratings don't lump in account the replays or the DVR views. I think they are surveyed separately.

Key Nielsen Highlights for the Season Five Mid-Season Premiere of “The Walking Dead”

9:00 pm airing – 7.9 HH national rating (9.7 cvg) with 15.6 million viewers

9:00 pm airing – 8.0 national rating (10.0 cvg) with 10.1 million Adults 18-49

9:00 pm airing – 8.0 national rating (9.9 cvg) with 9.5 million Adults 25-54

don't many network shows also get replayed a few times on the network affiliated cable channels (channel 380 or whatever)? or is that mainly on the interweb?

many/most cable shows get played again and again

the WB shows might not, however

I'm looking forward to the re-do of the series in 30 years when characters like Andrea and Tyreese get their dues. What a waste of good characters from the source material... :sorry:

Except that Maggie is basically an amalgam of Maggie and Andrea.

Tyreese didn't make it out of the prison in the comics and was way more layered a character on the show than he ever was in the comics.

don't many network shows also get replayed a few times on the network affiliated cable channels (channel 380 or whatever)? or is that mainly on the interweb?

many/most cable shows get played again and again

the WB shows might not, however

Hummmm....

I tried to find out but it goes full circle (shrug)

Smart move by him. Don't stay on the sinking ship. I think he's a good actor, I hope whatever show he goes to will let him display a lot more depth than TWD did.

???? You do know that the Walking Dead is the #1 show on TV today right? It's getting more popular every year and the spin off show will be starting soon. The show has no sign of slowing down and will probably be on TV for at least 10 seasons. So in other words you are calling the best show on TV a sinking ship. I bet every other TV show wishes they could be sinking as fast as the Walking Dead.

Some of you guys kill me. Just because you don't like the show does not mean the show is going down. In fact the evidence is clearly showing that the show is getting more popular every season. God some of the stuff I'm reading in here makes me think that some people are smoking crack.

one of the things that makes walking dead a success is that they have not been afraid to kill people off because if they don't it is just b.s. -- people have to die in that horrible world. he was a good character but it will be easy enough to find another moral compass.

Smart move by him. Don't stay on the sinking ship. I think he's a good actor, I hope whatever show he goes to will let him display a lot more depth than TWD did.

???? You do know that the Walking Dead is the #1 show on TV today right? It's getting more popular every year and the spin off show will be starting soon. The show has no sign of slowing down and will probably be on TV for at least 10 seasons. So in other words you are calling the best show on TV a sinking ship. I bet every other TV show wishes they could be sinking as fast as the Walking Dead.

Some of you guys kill me. Just because you don't like the show does not mean the show is going down. In fact the evidence is clearly showing that the show is getting more popular every season. God some of the stuff I'm reading in here makes me think that some people are smoking crack.

Fanboy. :/

one of the things that makes walking dead a success is that they have not been afraid to kill people off killed, kill and will kill as many people in the show because if they don't it is just b.s. it will not rate well -- people have to die in that horrible world. he was a good character but it will be easy enough to find another moral compass.

:grin::grin::grin::grin:

dr_Dave_Chappelle_CS_w600_h389.jpg