• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Am I the only one that felt like Jeffrey Dean Morgan's portrayal of the character was Negan LITE?

It felt like a lot was missing, and not just the vulgarity. For me Negan has much more bravado, self importance, and an overwhelming air of confidence that just didn't show though for me.

Why was Andrew Lincoln sick to his stomach because of this episode? :insane:

This episode was intense especially if you put yourself in his shoes. His son is a potential victim plus the rest of the crew is his family. Try to look at the drama and not the cliffhanger. This show is intense and continues to build each season IMO.

Am I the only one that felt like Jeffrey Dean Morgan's portrayal of the character was Negan LITE?

It felt like a lot was missing, and not just the vulgarity. For me Negan has much more bravado, self importance, and an overwhelming air of confidence that just didn't show though for me.

I hear you. I think he's a great actor, but didn't quite capture the essence of the character for me. Just a bit of that smarmy swagger missing.

You're the only one

He portrayed Negan as smart.

Missed the swearing. And the jacket made him look oddly skinny.

Why was Andrew Lincoln sick to his stomach because of this episode? :insane:

This episode was intense especially if you put yourself in his shoes. His son is a potential victim plus the rest of the crew is his family. Try to look at the drama and not the cliffhanger. This show is intense and continues to build each season IMO.

Andrew Lincoln was sick, not Rick Grimes. His Tweet (or whatever it was) seemed to suggest something so awful happened on camera. Nothing awful happened on camera. They've had a LOT worse things happen that would affect an actor in past seasons than anything tonight. H seemed to have hyped up the episode for no reason.

Missed the swearing. And the jacket made him look oddly skinny.

Yeah he was also somewhat small, he wasn't a very imposing figure, not in the same way as the character in the comics is.

Instead of counting F-words, I'm counting pees.

And no reveal to who meets Lucile???

:boo:

What a cop out to increase vewiership and chatter for season 8...

Later edit: and South Park paid for some curse words. AMC should've for this one episode.

I know, I know, they'll have some curse words in the DVD, but I'll view that as a means of increasing DVD sales.

Edited by revivedrevival

This cliffhanger thing just sucks. And I don't feel that it sucks because I wanted some gorefest, horror on the screen, but I feel like it sucks for the actor (actress?) and the character they play.

If we saw it was Glenn, it would be shocking and the episode ends. But it's not the end of the emotion behind the death of the character. You have thiis sadness/shock/mourning of watching that character die. Then you have this lengthy break and you might watch last episode with that character in it and :sorry: And you can begin to think "I wonder what it will be like without _____ going forward. Man, that sucked. I liked ______."

This was just stupid and gimmick. meh

Instead of counting F-words, I'm counting pees.

And no reveal to who meets Lucile???

:boo:

What a cop out to increase vewiership and chatter for season 8...

Later edit: and South Park paid for some curse words. AMC should've for this one episode.

I know, I know, they'll have some curse words in the DVD, but I'll view that as a means of increasing DVD sales.

Season 7......

As a comic WD fan, this was just lame at the end. Seriously! All that build up for what? Nothing!

Negan was a wuss compared to the comic Negan. I was into the episode until he walked out and it was underwhelming. Negan is supposed to be this huge intimidating character with an immediately noticeable vulgar mouth.

This show is losing my interest

It was a cop out for ratings. No way this stays a secret until October. When do they start shooting. This secret is gonna get out.

The episode, and mostly the ending, let me down.

Like I said I felt that Negan's portrayal was Negan LITE. Not enough bravado, not at all the larger than life intimidating character that we saw from the comics. The actor wasn't terrible, but the wow factor fell way short.

Also the reason issue #100 was so magnificent is because of the emotional response it drew. I remember saying "I'll never read this comic again" after that comic ended. The show, nothing... Just a weak sauce cliff hanger.

It wasn't the worst episode ever, but it should have been THE BEST and it was certainly not that.

I feel like I'm in a deja vu thread. Something cool happens and a major character is debuted to man it sucks, he's too short, he can't act blah blah blah.

Next it'll be man Morgan's teeth are just too white and shiny or he had 10 hairs on his beard that were not perfectly trimmed. How about his jacket just didn't look like it was made of real genuine leather. lol