• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USA Comics, Which Cover Is Your Favorite?

96 posts in this topic

70457.jpg

A quick thought on this cover, which is obviously the best of the run...

A few have commented on the errors of perspective in regards to Bucky's machine gun trajectory. Consider for a moment that Bucky might be shooting at something out of the panel, a Zero perhaps. And the explosion on the ship's deck that is in line with the bullet's path is a result of the American Air Force bombs. I had someone do a recreation of this cover. If you eliminate the bullet trail the perspective is perfect. And if you change a few colors the image looks real.

So maybe that one simple element of the bullet trail was not well thought out, but the rest of the cover is absolutely brilliant.

#10 is easily my favorite.
(thumbs u me too, although might be the most common of the 6-10 issues...
are you nuts lol

9 is the most common by a HUGE margin...10 is "scarce" compared to 9 ...for every 10 I see, I see 10 #9's (how is that for confusing)

really I have seen more 9s than 10s the past two years but prior have seen the opposite since the mid 90s (shrug)

That's a good thing because I will want to buy a copy soon. :cloud9:

don't be fooled...10 is scarce as 7 and 8...not 11 scarce, but scarce and rarely offered for sale

Why don't you give us your WINdex GATordex on the USA run? :popcorn:

On a scale of 1 being the easiest and 25 being the toughest.

don't be fooled...10 is scarce as 7 and 8...not 11 scarce, but scarce and rarely offered for sale
no way sir. 8, 11, 7, 10 from most scarce to least ( as far as what I have seen in the past 15+ years) :) good to know though :applause:

no way sir. 8, 11, 7, 10 from most scarce to least ( as far as what I have seen in the past 15+ years) :) good to know though :applause:

11 is "infinitely" tougher than 8 IMO...I have personally owned 2 8's, passed on several others and know where at least a dozen+ others are...I have owned 2 11's, never passed on one, and only know where 2 others are...keep in mind, just my perspective

I would rate 11 and 5 as the toughest of the run

I would rate 6-10 as in way more demand, but more copies of 6-10 trade hands than 2-5...

1 and 9 are down right easy

12 is not as bad as some

13 is really tough, maybe almost 11 tough

The best USA cover is obviously 9..................Hitler, hypodermic, smoking gun, red logo.

Just my opinion, but Schomburg's renditions of Cap on 6,8, 10 appear stiff and boring.

9 is extremely tough in grade too....low grades do turn up, as do the others

The Mile-High USA 9 is not high grade......

I've seen nice copies of USA 11's on Metro''s and Storm's sites and in Terry's catalog before, plus the low grades that turn up, don't understand why 11 is percieved as scarce in relation to many of the others....

I've seen a non-pedigree high grade raw USA 10 before in a collection years ago.....

I've never seen a high grade USA 7, just 7.0's and the many low-graders...except the photo-journal

The best USA cover is obviously 9..................Hitler, hypodermic, smoking gun, red logo.

Just my opinion, but Schomburg's renditions of Cap on 6,8, 10 appear stiff and boring.

9 is extremely tough in grade too....low grades do turn up, as do the others

The Mile-High USA 9 is not high grade......

I've seen nice copies of USA 11's on Metro''s and Storm's sites and in Terry's catalog before, plus the low grades that turn up, don't understand why 11 is percieved as scarce in relation to many of the others....

I've seen a non-pedigree high grade raw USA 10 before in a collection years ago.....

I've never seen a high grade USA 7, just 7.0's and the many low-graders...except the photo-journal

nice opinions Sean...can't see Schomburg Cap covers beig "boring" and stiff though lol I'm glad 9 received a strong vote from you as your copy is very nice. (thumbs u