• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scammed on E-Bay

105 posts in this topic

This is weird, and yes, I'm a straight shooter. I sell 99% of my books raw.

And, no, I'm definitely not a slab expert, but have slabbed enough books over the years to know if a case is defective.

Seriously,its...a..9.2..Dark Knight Returns comic...what's the point?

Ben is a straight shooter and a top notch individual, just in case there was any question of it.

(thumbs u

C'mon Roy. Have you ever heard a more shill like name than Lichtenstein????

I actually think that's his real name. Foolkiller would be able to confirm it as I don't know for sure but he comes highly recommended by Brian.

Just kidding. I'm sure he is legit but that is the kinda name I would choose if I was creating an alias.

Watch this Youtube video about cracking a CGC slab. You see where he pops open the three posts? Use your phone to get a picture of the corners & posts on your slab so we can try to figure out if you've been taken

The gloves seem overkill on a 4.0 book too, but I guess it's an example of how to do it - I just wash my hands. :lol:

The gloves are there for product placement. If you look at the vid in high def you can read the writing on the glove which is an ad for a comic book blog :whistle:

This is why I don't post. I don't use an anonymous name, that's my name and not sure if you're attempting humor or not. Anyway, why does everyone use an assumed name on message boards anyway? Why not just use your real name.

Just curious, not a message board guy generally. I thoroughly enjoy lurking onhere and am always learning new stuff.

Just seems that using an anonymous name or alter ego either makes it easy to get away to posting questionable comments. I've noticed message board posters sometimes come off as rude and aggressive when they're hiding behind a keyboard anonymously and in public are quite the pussycat, with emphasis on the first half of that word.

Again, not picking on any one boardie, just more curious as to why the fear of posting under your own name, like myself or Dale Roberts, larryscomics,etc

Anyway, hope to see you all at NY Javits, I'll have my usual set up of $1, $2 and $5 goodies.

Why do people always have to wait and ask their spouse/significant other to use a camera? Is it locked up in a safe or something? Just wondering. (shrug)
I'm guessing that in some legitimate cases, they are the ones that bought and understand how to operate the thing. We all have our specialities. I have to get reoriented on our digital camera every time I use it, and don't know where it is currently stored. I barely know how to charge it, and need help downloading the photos. Not my area of expertise in this shared relationship. :shrug:

Why do people always have to wait and ask their spouse/significant other to use a camera? Is it locked up in a safe or something? Just wondering. (shrug)
I'm guessing that in some legitimate cases, they are the ones that bought and understand how to operate the thing. We all have our specialities. I have to get reoriented on our digital camera every time I use it, and don't know where it is currently stored. I barely know how to charge it, and need help downloading the photos. Not my area of expertise in this shared relationship. :shrug:

psa_copy.jpg

This is weird, and yes, I'm a straight shooter. I sell 99% of my books raw.

And, no, I'm definitely not a slab expert, but have slabbed enough books over the years to know if a case is defective.

Seriously,its...a..9.2..Dark Knight Returns comic...what's the point?

Ben is a straight shooter and a top notch individual, just in case there was any question of it.

(thumbs u

C'mon Roy. Have you ever heard a more shill like name than Lichtenstein????

I actually think that's his real name. Foolkiller would be able to confirm it as I don't know for sure but he comes highly recommended by Brian.

Just kidding. I'm sure he is legit but that is the kinda name I would choose if I was creating an alias.

It's a great name!

:grin:

Ben, I'm Roy. A friend of Brian Ketterer's from Canada.

Got the same name as my ebay handle. We've emailed back and forth.

(thumbs u

Ben, I'm Roy. A friend of Brian Ketterer's from Canada.

Got the same name as my ebay handle. We've emailed back and forth.

(thumbs u

Unfortunately, I think the friendly follow-up greeting was a little late. :(

No worries. He's lurking and so hopefully reading.

I just wasn't sure if he linked my ID with who I was.

(thumbs u

AHA! So Brain is Colonial Mustard in the library WITH THE CANDLESTICK! :o

Was there really a need to call brain a condiment?

Don't forget, a colonial condiment. :P

Watch this Youtube video about cracking a CGC slab. You see where he pops open the three posts? Use your phone to get a picture of the corners & posts on your slab so we can try to figure out if you've been taken

This looks dangerous - I always cut away the open side edge of the book as well, and pull out through the corner. I would never attempt to pull the book out of just the open top. Of course, I quit using screwdrivers on the posts, and just use my bare hands. The gloves seem overkill on a 4.0 book too, but I guess it's an example of how to do it - I just wash my hands. :lol:

I use an xacto blade and cut three sides to get my books out. That way books lies flat still when cutting the plastic.