• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scammed on E-Bay

105 posts in this topic

I know you don't accept returns, nor would it make

sense for me to pay $11 to return a $23 item, but

if the case has been opened I won't be able to do

anything with it short of fully opening it and

reading it,or sending to CGC to be re-certified

and will have to reflect that in feedback

- cvmaas77

So I took the slab to the dealer (Zapp Comics in Wayne, NJ), and within 10s, before I even told him what I wanted him to look at, he told me the case had clearly been opened because the comic was not inside of the archival bag and looked to be a lower grade.

Now I have a $34 reading copy of a book I already own in low grade! Live and learn, but this guy had really good feedback, how could I have known?

Just for clarification this transaction was made via mail order and under the Uniform Sales Act he is by law required to give you a refund for whatever reason (damage, change of heart, ect.) for up but not limited to several days (the exact number has escaped my mind, try googling it). All of this is given precedence over anything in the ebay listing regarding the seller not allowing for return. This is why I've never under the purpose of ebay making sellers include this information. Anyone who is selling through mail order must allow for returns or else they can face penalties and/or forced closure.

lol simple google search shows "Jen Santo" as the Circulation Director for Wizard, albeit with her new last name
hm

My cousin is an E-Bay scam seller, I've seen her pull stunts like that constantly. Ended up getting into a fight over it and stopped talking, E-bay doesn't gave a damn, and whenever she got the boot from E-Bay, just make a new account and use a feedback generator and got right back into it.

Cousins name is Jen Santo, no clue what her e-bay ID is, keeps having to change it. She steals donations that people leave outside of the Salvation Army and sells it on E-Bay as new.

This is weird, and yes, I'm a straight shooter. I sell 99% of my books raw.

And, no, I'm definitely not a slab expert, but have slabbed enough books over the years to know if a case is defective.

Seriously,its...a..9.2..Dark Knight Returns comic...what's the point?

Ben is a straight shooter and a top notch individual, just in case there was any question of it.

(thumbs u

And, no, I'm definitely not a slab expert, but have slabbed enough books over the years to know if a case is defective.

Ben is a straight shooter and a top notch individual, just in case there was any question of it.

(thumbs u

C'mon Roy. Have you ever heard a more shill like name than Lichtenstein????

I know you don't accept returns, nor would it make

sense for me to pay $11 to return a $23 item, but

if the case has been opened I won't be able to do

anything with it short of fully opening it and

reading it,or sending to CGC to be re-certified

and will have to reflect that in feedback

- cvmaas77

So I took the slab to the dealer (Zapp Comics in Wayne, NJ), and within 10s, before I even told him what I wanted him to look at, he told me the case had clearly been opened because the comic was not inside of the archival bag and looked to be a lower grade.

Now I have a $34 reading copy of a book I already own in low grade! Live and learn, but this guy had really good feedback, how could I have known?

Just for clarification this transaction was made via mail order and under the Uniform Sales Act he is by law required to give you a refund for whatever reason (damage, change of heart, ect.) for up but not limited to several days (the exact number has escaped my mind, try googling it). All of this is given precedence over anything in the ebay listing regarding the seller not allowing for return. This is why I've never under the purpose of ebay making sellers include this information. Anyone who is selling through mail order must allow for returns or else they can face penalties and/or forced closure.

lol

The law and how it is executed are different animals.

Ask a lawyer.....better yer ask a victim of a crime.

Thank you, I had no idea! Really I'm upset because I just started collecting CGC's and to feel burned on a very cheap slab, makes it hard to make those larger bids for nice books. Figured I was safe with the CGC stuff, just "buy the label".

Any suggestions on how to get a good pic of the case without the light reflecting off? I'd like to show what the CGC dealer showed me with the interior well, but its hard to show without the glare off the top cover, but the book is not sealed inside of the inner well. It just slides back and forth and you can see its not sealed. The soft interior well is supposed to be sealed is it not? So if you cracked the case open you would have to cut open the archive bag inside.

1 of the 4 posts is clearly broken in the middle of the post, 2 others appear to be broken just at the base of the post, but its harder to tell for sure. I will get some closeup pics of the posts and put them up on here.

As to why someone would scam on a $20 book? Wish I knew, or wish someone would tell me its ok for the case to be loose. Even better, wish someone would buy this off me without saying I am a fraud!

I do know there is quite a bit of dust and dirt inside of the case.

Sorry, but I couldn't compare the books directly against the pic as the pic on the auction wasn't that good. I thought that and the high shipping where the reasons for the lack of bids so I took a chance and threw in a bid.

As everyone has said why would someone go through all the trouble on a 9.2 copy of a very common CGC book? It sounds like the cgc case is completely screwed, so in this case if you want to resell it, just fully remove it and assign a conservative grade. I have a CGC 9.9 book I bought in person that has 1 cracked post, but the comic is clearly snug inside and is surely a mint copy as I can only detect 1 minor flaw. On top of that it's the only 9.9 on the census and I will eventually just resubmit it. In your case a 9.2 of that book is not worth resubbing and the cost would outweigh the return.

ps. what in the world is the internal archival bag inside the case you keep talking about?

(thumbs u

I actually think that's his real name. Foolkiller would be able to confirm it as I don't know for sure but he comes highly recommended by Brian.

(thumbs u

I actually think that's his real name. Foolkiller would be able to confirm it as I don't know for sure but he comes highly recommended by Brian.

AHA! So Brain is Colonial Mustard in the library WITH THE CANDLESTICK! :o

Watch this Youtube video about cracking a CGC slab. You see where he pops open the three posts? Use your phone to get a picture of the corners & posts on your slab so we can try to figure out if you've been taken

This looks dangerous - I always cut away the open side edge of the book as well, and pull out through the corner. I would never attempt to pull the book out of just the open top. Of course, I quit using screwdrivers on the posts, and just use my bare hands. The gloves seem overkill on a 4.0 book too, but I guess it's an example of how to do it - I just wash my hands. :lol:

who's the dummy who subbed a 9.2 copy of that book in the first place????:screwy:

Agreed and whos the dummy who started a thread about being ripped off forr $22usd????

Ohhhh yeah maybe the guy who sold an empty box as a Batman#1 CGC for $4,000.00............

trying to make himself the forum focal point as he has no life.