• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

I figured this would be the place to ask if any. Recently I picked up an All Winner's 11. This weekend I had some time so I figured I would take a trip back to 1943 and read the book.

All of a sudden... boom... missing page. (I think)

The second innermost wrap, (the one behind the centerfold) seems to be missing the left page. I took pictures to show you the cut out. There was no indication in the listing that there were any missing pages. I like for all of my books to be complete, no matter if it is a story page or an ad page.

I have been told that during the war to save paper (issues shrank from 68 pages to 60 pages, then to 56 pages) some pages would have these visible 'tabs' that look like the remnants of a clipped page.

So... is this a clipped page or part of the production which was normal for wartime GA Timely's?

FC96369E-2CEB-4E4F-BCDC-2985EEE3FF42_zpsrevqcuwb.jpg

C1E12FE0-5A97-4786-9710-2B05E67E7991_zpsoyvua1q6.jpg

NICE....... so who owns the AM 22 Church copy ? I'd like to buy it from him/her so I could put it under that tree for you..... that is , providing you've been good :baiting: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'm not sure, but my guess is Jon Berk or Win Murray or Stephen Fishler own the MH aman 22 hm

and I am always good :devil:

I'm pretty sure I remember Fishler posting it in the Centaur thread.

I thought one of them had, just couldn't remember which (thumbs u

Gator, is there any pics of your comics room?

thanks

I actually built a guest house to "house" all my stuff lol

mostly I have my Mego figures displayed and some art on the walls, but my comics stay in their boxes , unless I have spread out on my pool table lol

Ask Gator:

Are you planning on goingto Reno Comicon next year? and do you think we will have any golden age fans/boardies/dealers heading to Reno?

"Sorry I know its 11 months off but what else do we have to look forward to in the desert :)"

How many gifts currently underneath your Christmas tree(s)?

Speaking of trees. Here's our superhero tree in the store

image_zps94ff27ff.jpg

Super-duper, trooper! :applause:

Since we're sharing, here's our tree..

9BA14D54-C328-4442-A4F8-00429AF3451D-2919-00000921CC98917A_zps210a2bc4.jpg

My stocking...

ECF2DE1E-0198-4EC7-8103-16E8722F2A30-2919-00000921D0AD09F1_zps49e1c08c.jpg

I have no idea what's in store. lol

Both great trees & I love the stocking. :applause: