• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Hi Rick,

Hi Rick,

What's your "take" on the AA16 from the Wise collection selling "south" of 20k. Still a top 5 book? Thanks Rick

What were the particulars on this book? I don't see it in the CC results? Grade? Resto? Final price?

Hi Rick,

Hi Rick,

What's your "take" on the AA16 from the Wise collection selling "south" of 20k. Still a top 5 book? Thanks Rick

What were the particulars on this book? I don't see it in the CC results? Grade? Resto? Final price?

7.5 slight (though probably on the slight/mod side)

Hi Rick,

Hi Rick,

Price?

Trimmed?

Edited by ciorac

Hi Rick,

Hi Rick,

Price?

Trimmed?

Here you go Bill:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=539234

Hi Rick,

Hi Rick,

Price?

Trimmed?

Here you go Bill:

Wow - I'd take that copy over the 3.5 with major spine splits the heritage sold for 44K any day, or the nice looking 3.0 with SB pages they sold for not much less than the CC copy 2 years ago. Someone is very happy I'm sure.

Hi Rick,

Hi Rick,

Price?

Trimmed?

Here you go Bill:

To me that book has more work the slight. The interior lightened should push it even if the CT and spine split are minor. Great looking copy but a dead character and he doesn't even appear in costume until the next issue. All that said for around 20K that seems like a deal considering what all the other major keys are going for, it's just a demand factor right now.

James G

Hi Rick,

Hi Rick,

Price?

Trimmed?

Here you go Bill:

To me that book has more work the slight. The interior lightened should push it even if the CT and spine split are minor. Great looking copy but a dead character and he doesn't even appear in costume until the next issue. All that said for around 20K that seems like a deal considering what all the other major keys are going for, it's just a demand factor right now.

James G

It has a great cover going for it, and it is the first appearance of a major character, whose name is still very relevant today. Even if the second iteration is the more popular one. Same could be said for Flash. It doesn't diminish their importance in my eyes though.

OK, I got a GA book.

Label says: pieces added

Grader notes say: piece added

To which document should I concur on an eventuel resale ?

I would print out graders notes and let that accompany a sale

but, which of the two descriptions can I put my trust in ?

OK, I got a GA book.

If the notes say piece, singular, that is precursor to the label notes. Likely someone transcribed incorrectly

OK, I got a GA book.

If the notes say piece, singular, that is precursor to the label notes. Likely someone transcribed incorrectly

Isn't the default label language "pieces"? Just like the default label language is "includes" even when the label lists everything that was done. hm

OK, I got a GA book.

Isn't the default label language "pieces"? Just like the default label language is "includes" even when the label lists everything that was done. hm

Probably. I've seen "piece" added on labels so not sure how cgc enters off notes

What are your thoughts on the two Timely "All" series? Is All Winners 1 always going to be a "no respect" Timely. It is a very early Simon Cap appearance that very few collectors seem to care about. Market spoken?

As far as All Select, seems like 4 is the toughest of the run, what say you?

What are your thoughts on the two Timely "All" series? Is All Winners 1 always going to be a "no respect" Timely. It is a very early Simon Cap appearance that very few collectors seem to care about. Market spoken?

all winners has languished in lack of respect increasing price wise, for a long time now...not sure anything will change that.... it is a cool book and a must for serious ga timely collectors...

I found as 4 early on, and had most trouble with 3 and 5... but those 3 seems to be in the "difficult" category, and as is the case with most ga titles, specific issues seem cyclical in their availability

all winners has languished in lack of respect increasing price wise, for a long time now...not sure anything will change that.... it is a cool book and a must for serious ga timely collectors...

I found as 4 early on, and had most trouble with 3 and 5... but those 3 seems to be in the "difficult" category, and as is the case with most ga titles, specific issues seem cyclical in their availability

I wonder why All Winners has languished in lack of respect increasing price wise?

:o I'm not serious enough??? :cry:

Well, in some respects, I guess not... :kidaround:

I wonder why All Winners has languished in lack of respect increasing price wise?

it is all relative...pre internet, it was a much bigger book...reflected as such in the price guide... in today's market environment, it just doesn't command the "relative" prices that it's timely counterparts do...

Gator,

I'm curious to your opinions as to what books (or titles) are inflated and, conversely, underrated in the G.A. marketplace right now?

underrated I tend to keep quiet on, for obvious reasons lol

overated, there are too many too list.... but overated is a relative term...overated to ospg? overated to past demand or current trends, etc...

really to broad of a question to answer with any relevance

it is all relative...pre internet, it was a much bigger book...reflected as such in the price guide... in today's market environment, it just doesn't command the "relative" prices that it's timely counterparts do...

But why?