• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

I think in 5 years, Tec 27 overtakes Action 1. Fairly obvious reasons

Never!

1. The Action 1 cover is far more aesthetically pleasing than Tec 27. That will never change.

2. Action 1 started a genre. Superman is the 1st Superhero. That will never change.

3. There is an inherent advantage to the first appearance being in an issue 1 because it is readily apparent that it is first. As someone who is new to the hobby, I can tell you that before I started collecting I had no idea that Batman's first appearance was in Detective 27.

4. Superman is a positive, symbol of hope. Batman is the Dark Knight. Bright optimism always wins over pessimistic brooding.

Never!

1. The Action 1 cover is far more aesthetically pleasing than Tec 27. That will never change.

2. Action 1 started a genre. Superman is the 1st Superhero. That will never change.

3. There is an inherent advantage to the first appearance being in an issue 1 because it is readily apparent that it is first. As someone who is new to the hobby, I can tell you that before I started collecting I had no idea that Batman's first appearance was in Detective 27.

4. Superman is a positive, symbol of hope. Batman is the Dark Knight. Bright optimism always wins over pessimistic brooding.

Sounds like you have a copy of Action 1 hm

Never!

Sounds like you have a copy of Action 1 hm

lol! I wish.

I think the 9.2 Tec 27 would break the Action 1 (9.0) record right now.....

Without a doubt. Although I'd be curious to see it go up against an AC1 9.2.

Never!

Its a good thing I put zero stock in what you say...

Never!

It's a good thing you're able to disagree with someone without being a spoon. Oh wait.

Never!

It's a good thing you're able to disagree with someone without being a spoon. Oh wait.

fmggOF1PTD-6.png

have to give the nod to Action 1 for reasons already articulated. not a slam dunk though on this one so I think certainty is relative on this debate.

Then again, anyone who disagrees with my opinion has serious emotional problems......

JD

have to give the nod to Action 1 for reasons already articulated. not a slam dunk though on this one so I think certainty is relative on this debate.

Then again, anyone who disagrees with my opinion has serious emotional problems......

JD

I have emotional problems.....serious ones......

Never!

fmggOF1PTD-6.png

:cloud9:

Never!

fmggOF1PTD-6.png

I'm not trying to be a spoon, although I do come off like a dish every so often.

I just think you're wrong...along with many here who think AC 1 is the king. I just think when all the old collectors/dealers die, a new era will be ushered in where Batman reigns king!

Never!

fmggOF1PTD-6.png

I'm not trying to be a spoon, although I do come off like a dish every so often.

I just think you're wrong...along with many here who think AC 1 is the king. I just think when all the old collectors/dealers die, a new era will be ushered in where Batman reigns king!

Fair enough. Interestingly enough we both agree that Batman is more popular.

Action 1 is more important than Tec 27 in the grand scheme of things. At the price levels these mega keys are these days , it may not matter too much ...

It is an interesting discussion with valid points on both sides but one fact is not debatable....

Brock is wrong.

Both Action 1 and Detective 27 are bad covers... the only reason they are liked are because they are Action 1 and Detective 27... Bob Kane couldn't draw for beans and Action 1 is a sad composition and poorly drawn as well... too bad the better illustrators of the day didn't draw for comics....

Edited by sartre

Both Action 1 and Detective 27 are bad covers... the only reason they are liked are because they are Action 1 and Detective 27... Bob Kane couldn't draw for beans and Action 1 is a sad composition and poorly drawn as well... too bad the better illustrators of the day didn't draw for comics....

Yup.

Yup.

They're both pants. Time to unload those aesthetically challenged bits of paper. I'll give 'em a good home.

I think the 9.2 Tec 27 would break the Action 1 (9.0) record right now..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Which ever one sold most recently would be the one that sold for the most... (did that make sense?)

One would think that they are neck-and-neck enough to bump each other even though they are different books and different characters.